• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Platina32

Games from the '90's!

15 posts in this topic

What are your favourite games from the '90's? Growing up in the nineties, I played a lot of sidescrollers and simple shooting and racing games, but most of them just had an epic feel to them. The gameplay was often exactly right, they had me aching for more, most of them glueing me to the screen because I could not stop playing them. Something that I don't have with games a lot anymore, but that's probably because I am not a kid anymore :P

Some of my favourites are the Commander Keen series, Supaplex, Tyrian 2000 and Jazz Jackrabbit 2. There were also a lot of games that I don't even remember the name of.

Elemental Gearbolt from the PSX Era.

Some of my favorite games from the 90s would be Suikoden 2, Ogre Battle 64 (japanese release was 99), Crono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Baldurs Gate, Jagged Alliance 2, Planescape Torment, Fallout 2, Mega Man X games, X-Wing Alliance, Bushido Blade 2, Streets of Rage 2, Shining Force 2, Donkey Kong Country, and Castlevania SOTN.

The Descent Trilogy, Xwing Vs. Tie Fighter, Quake...to name a few

Growing up in the 90's was awesome all that tech advancment I remeber casets and flopy disks. Favorite games in the 90's whould have to be Chrono Trigger, Sonic 2,Starcraft, one more... Vigilante 8.

Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike,Starcraft, Armored Core, and also Pokemon.

System shock 2, Final Fantasy VII, Sonic games :D,  Starcraft, and lots of more :D

back to the 90s

Master System/Mega Drvie: Sonic series, my favourite Jump n Run game

NES/SNES: Super Mario All stars and Super Mario World

Playstation 1: Tekken 3

N64: Wave Race 64

PC: Doom

Let's see:

Resident Evil 

Silent Hill 

Final Fantasy V and VII

Pokemon (Seriously, who has never liked?)

Shadow Warrior and many others!

I spent the whole 90s in the forest of Sweden training Kung Fu and cardio. We didn't had games only books and TV.

Most of my favourite games are from the late 90's to the early 00's, so I could easily list a tonne of games here, but the ones I still play a ton would be Diablo & Diablo II and Heroes of Might & Magic III. HoM&M3 is probably, in my opinion, the greatest game ever created. It has a nice story, it has action and strategy, it has exploration and combat, even leveling and gearing your heroes, while maintaining a great balance and looking and sounding like you were playing directly within a book of fairytales. Very few other games have the level of atmosphere that Heroes 3 has. If I had to say a few great ones that come close to being as good, I'd say Age of Wonders and Disciples II. Disciples II is probably the prettiest pre-00's game I've ever played - that art style is insanely detailed and I love the dark feel it has.

Another of my favourite 90's games would be The Legend of Dragoon for PS1. That game, to me, felt better than any Final Fantasy game back in the day, with its timing-centric combat and great soundtrack and graphics.

Honestly there are tons of good 90's games, and I'm glad GOG.com exists, as I've been able to play most of my loved classics more recently thanks to their modded/patched versions of these games.