• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CushionRide

The quarterings response to agnry joes video on battlefield 5

14 posts in this topic

as i am a fan and subscriber to both angry army, and i am a sub to the quartering and several others in both communities.  i want to make sure this comes to light..  Joe man im a massive fan.  but this irritates me and i want to have it noted and i really think you should watch the entire video.  thanks...

How much of a random video Youtube says that Joe watched in a picture of Youtube videos is an odd thing to focus on when the attitudes he is talking about is a major source of tantrums in multiple communities, comment sections, and the entire focus point for multiple Youtubers and a few entire websites (one that Joe mentioned by name in his video that isn't even allowed to be shared here). It's not like it would be remotely difficult for Joe to find four videos sources complaining about what Joe is talking about, I know more than four channels whose entire focus is desperately trying to create fake controversies by doing nothing but that.

Joe did say this

Going off the red bar for what time he last stopped a video on assumes a variety of thing. That Youtube is a functional website, that he isn't watching them on different sources of media (which he says he is) or switching between them or stopping and starting them on different things, that he isn't signed into different accounts or not signed into them on different sources, it assumes that he didn't move around on a video to skip to other parts either before or after he watched it, he could have been planning to use footage from the other videos at one point which could mean that he downloaded or skipped around on them after watching them.

That this guy is saying that he has never seen anyone make the kind of argument Joe is making is such a blatant lie or such a strange admission of having no connection to reality that there is little reason to take anything else he says seriously. 

Also, the people who complain about Youtubers deleting comments and having basic community standards, are typically just awful people let alone one saying that makes him an SJW (or typically just anyone saying that anyway).

Just about every screenshot I have seen of people saying a comment was deleted is showing either extremely offensive comments or just random few word insults of Joe with nothing of value in the actual post. Those could be removed by filters, removed due to set banned words, or removed by moderators (and I'm pretty sure Doc and I don't ask Joe whenever we remove some bullshit from whatever part of the community we are moderating but Doc is away and I don't mod his Youtube so it's likely all YT filters or lies like Joe mentions in his video).

Kyria, Lazilot and Crazycrab like this

well my point is here, that im not on either side here. i overall love angry joes videos,  i just think maybe his video about B5 and the responses he made could have been dialed down a bit.  the vid i just showed above makes attention to that.  Jeremy in that vid even admits overall he likes AJ for most of his content.  and thats a good thing.  what i want to do here is just make awareness so that maybe we can avoid turning a brush fire into a forest fire.  i just saw that NO BULLSHIT just made another more heated vid than the Quartering.  i dont want to see this get out of control.  and there is no reason to.

i personally have refrained from making comments on youtube about this as im sure that nothing i would add would help the situation.  thats why i post here, its a little more private and maybe more direct to the source.  thank you for your input. ^_^

o yes, and i love the G'Kar pict

That's really disappointing that Rags is accusing things without any significant proof. As for Joe's video(s) on the Battlefield issue(s), I don't really find much I disagree with him on.

i personally think its overblown.  honestly if i were joe, i would have just not even bothered with the whole SJW bit, or anti SJW bit. i think thats what caused the whole ruccuss in the first place.  if he had just talked about the game and not wasted time on the fans in this case it would have been smoother for him.  i dont think joe has ever taken a stance on any political thing with a game,  in fact i think he just wants quality games and thats what he tries to give his viewers.  as for the quartering's jeremy, he is fighting the man so much and has been on the assaulted end so much i think he took offense pretty early.  he has some interesting points but. i think the whole incident could have been avoided.  

CipherDias likes this

I have so much to comment on about all this...

1: The guys deciding to make these "reaction" videos to what Joe put up and were deliberately ignoring obvious facts for the sake of justifying their fake outrage just to piggyback off of Joe's channel. View Leeches seeking to generate as much attention for themselves as possible. Fact of the matter is, Joe NEVER at any point in time mentioned anyone by name in that first video he did. So for this one dude to think he's some sort of special snowflake and just "assume" that Joe is "indirectly" responding to him is just straight up asinine.

2: The people crying about SJWs in regards to this whole thing are just ridiculous. At this point, THEY are even worse than the SJWs they're going on about. THEY are the ones who are making this about politics. To my knowledge, the company has said playing female characters is 100% optional. One of the major things so many have been advocating for over the years is MORE PLAYER OPTIONS for our games. Players, regardless of their own gender in real life, like being able to pick and choose their gender in games. So for these Anti-SJWs trying to strong arm the company into taking that option away, its LITERALLY THE SAME DAMN THING THEY ACCUSE OF SJWS... Yeah, that shit's getting really old. They're basically trying to dictate how others should play games and imposing their beliefs on everyone. Such blatant hypocrisy.

3: The "Historical Accuracy" people are at least putting forth a reasonable argument grounded in logic. But at the same time, this is a game. The idea that they would deny themselves enjoying said game just because its not 100% "Historically Accurate" is just crazy. That's like saying games aren't real enough so I'm not going to play them. I mean, seriously? I saw someone make the counter point "Well respawning after you die isn't historically accurate either, so womp womp~" And its true, like if you're really going to get so bent out of shape over something so trivial like that to the point you refuse to play said game, then you need some personal time to reflect on yourself.

CipherDias likes this

the quartering had a reply to joes reply  and i think it was a good one.

i think i  agree with most if not all of your points there mal..

That's really disappointing that Rags is accusing things without any significant proof.

He's a guy that has been banned for abusive behavior on social media shortly after sharing faked DM conversations by another abusive Twitter member to pretend that people he doesn't like were pedophiles, so that's actually really normal behavior for someone like Rags.

Lazilot likes this

Stay strong Joe. Pay no attention to these anti-SJW zombies. Where do I donate? I'd like to show my support for all the years I've watched your channel.

Cheaky and Malphisto like this

Just registered on the forums so that I could echo the sentiments of others.  I love your show and what you provide to the gaming community.  You are one of only two gaming channels that i watch, love, and adore. 

As far as I can tell this is the same kind of fake outrage from awhile back when black people were included in BF1 to "concede to the SJW agenda" when in reality it was because black people served in WWI and the devs kept them in because of this.

In fact I specifically recall a video by a guy named "No Bullshit" where he asserted that WWI was a "white man's war" and used selective editing to prove this ironically, bullshit narrative -- which seems to be the same thing happening now but with women and it's just as much of a non-issue now as it was back then.

But of course it's the internet so some guy somewhere is always going to be mad about something. Honestly it makes me long for the old days when reaction videos were harmless filler built around watching people puke and shit into cups instead of dudes getting mad about women and black people being put into videogames for literally any reason.

With Joe highlighting this guys content and now a lot more people making fun of all the horrible things he says all the time. I had no idea that this is the guy that has three separate social media account and was recently banned from WOTC events for harassing women on his other Youtube channel.

I guess channels like this all tend to look and sound alike and make the exact same videos so there was no real reason for me to remember him, but that certainly makes sense.

Well well, another nonsense spreaded by another youtuber that just say stuff to make a name for himself. Well Joe in this case got careless and just say SJW and politic stuff which I know is just joking, but you know the internet nowadays are full of conspiracy theorists that just spins stuff like they have nothing else to do with their time. So Joe, just be careful next time not to fuel their need for spreading nonsense. 

Also, this is why I block youtube comments in the first place. So that I keep myself sane from not feeding into morons. :) 

It IS misogyny.

Because the same discussion made it to World War 3 (game) and there nobody could come up with any valid arguments.
I wonder why nobody said anything in Overwatch, S4League or Tomb Raider.

And yea, I generally find it a questionable idea to respond to such videos, because it's clearly just trying to draw subscribers from him and give it to them.
My thoughts on them: If you want to make a video, make your own, and don't comment on other people's videos.
I've seen a couple of those videos in the past and was never impressed. They're just talking out of their A to create controversy.