• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

My second major Fighting Game tournament, and that moment in the internet when you become a living meme......

5 posts in this topic

So I've been playing a lot of Dragonball FighterZ till now. After my last major tournament BAM10 which I put here

I've been going to small monthly tournaments in Melbourne which goes every third Saturday of the month. I've placed 3rd, 5th & 2nd in the last 3 monthly tournaments, and it's not until I used Discord that I finally realized that I am actually a meme. :D Everyone in the Australian DBFZ FGC called me either "Agent Numbers", "Agent Chaos" or "Agent Salt" because my play style makes people throw off their game plan and salty afterwards. Apparently from what I heard, I "play this game so dumb, but somehow I keep on winning." LOL, man, that's the most interesting description I have ever heard. And I assure everyone in Discord that the salt was unintentional so I apologized for those that got salty. :( 

And just yesterday, I entered the next big fighting game tournament in Melbourne named Melbourne Esports Open.

MEO_107_TEG_820x470.jpg

Lots of people actually came to this place to play Fortnite. When I tried to enter the arena to get to my Dragonball FighterZ tournament, everyone's like "hey, where's the Fornite arena?" Damn, that game took off like crazy! PUBG is left in the dust now!

I was unable to enter the tournament arena until 11 am, and I was in the place from 9 am, so I went "Game On" section of the building where I get to play and see upcoming games.

Like the Ori sequel

No automatic alt text available.

Spiderman PS4 which I instantly pre ordered because it's $10 off normal price if I buy it there, and the game is as I expected, pretty much an even better Amazing Spiderman

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Starlink which has Fox as a playable character, which makes this game better than the Star Fox Wii U

Image may contain: 2 people

Ace Combat 7 which is a trip back to the past because it plays very much like the old Ace Combat games

Image may contain: one or more people, screen and indoor

And Soul Calibur 6 with the full roster revealed. Which has Raphael and Cervantes that doesn't have their own character trailer yet. So yay! I get to know it first!

Image may contain: 7 people, indoor

After playing around with these games, I finally entered my Dragonball FighterZ tournament, while hanging out with my mates that I know from BAM10 & the monthly tournaments. Like I said in BAM10, these are nice guys. But I'm especially surprised by one of the participants named RaptR who's also there.

RaptR is actually a really famous Dragonball youtuber who uses Hit 

I played a lot of matches with him online with my battle name "Determinationftw", until I beat him often that he dodged me. Then I went to his Twitch Stream and say sorry for making him mad at me, and he's like "oh sorry man, it's my fault for being salty." And we're all good. Until I beat him in his stream and he went salty again. :D 

He had no idea that I am actually Determinationftw, so when I met him in person I just play with him like normal without saying who I am. When he was about to leave the event though, I finally told him who I am online, and he's like "WHAT?? HOLY SHIT!!" then we're all good. It was the funniest thing.

So my first couple of matches went pretty swimmingly. I beat 2 other players, one who actually beat me in one of the monthly tournaments. Then I realized that the next opponent that I have to go up against is Baxter. 

AKA the number 1 Dragonball FighterZ player in Australia & the BAM10 champion. You bet your ass I am scared for my life when I found that out.

How did the match go? Well......... there's no youtube video of it yet, but there is a twitch stream you can watch. My match starts at min 54

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/304390387##

I have no idea how I even pulled that off. Like....... that match forced me to just go fucking nuts. WITH TEEN GOHAN, AKA one of the WORST character to do a solo! It was so intense that everyone went crazy, from the Twitch stream chat, to the commentators and to the other players watching our match! Especially Sketch, the guy that beat me at BAM10 and eliminated me from the tournament. Holy shit what a match.

Then after that, I finished 3rd place! Not bad. First at BAM10 I somehow finished rank 13th, now at this event I moved up.

Dl__P_qVAAAzSK6.jpg:large

All in all, what an amazing time I had. Now I'm more motivated to do better at the next monthly tournaments! And I guess Baxter has experienced the Agent Salt meme. :D 

My hat is off the the 1st place winner though. His name is Zed, also from Melbourne and we went to the same monthly hangouts. He also beat Baxter, and it is a well deserved victory! Not only that, but before this, he won a ticket to any of the Dragonball FighterZ worldwide tournament from fighting other Australian players online on PS4 last Tuesday, which means you'll definitely see him soon in the other tournaments, and maybe see him beat GO1 and SonicFox. He is a force to be reckoned with I tell ya, watch out for him!

Crazycrab likes this

3 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Then after that, I finished 3rd place! Not bad. First at BAM10 I somehow finished rank 13th, now at this event I moved up.

Congrats! Sounds like you had awesome time and 3rd place must feel even better when you had to beat big names to get there.

23 hours ago, Doctor said:

Congrats! Sounds like you had awesome time and 3rd place must feel even better when you had to beat big names to get there.

Oho yeah, it is awesome indeed! I didn't manage to play RaptR in the tournament, but we did go a few rounds together for practice. That match with Baxter though...... I still can't believe I even did what I did!

And the funniest thing is after I beat Baxter, everyone went nuts. Since Baxter's the number 1 player in Australia and he's from a different state in Australia, just the fact that me, a guy from Melbourne, who usually the Australian online community doesn't take a note off of, beats him, makes everyone lose their minds. My mate even said after the match to the camera "GIVE THIS MAN A SPONSORSHIP DEAL RIGHT NOW!" I even got a short interview after I beat Baxter from one of the cameraman. He told me "Congrats man! That was awesome!" then I said "Oh wait2 it's not Grand Finals yet!" then he said "But you just beat Baxter! It doesn't matter anymore!" :D 

Congratulations. TL;DR I'm forced to admit, but it's great to see you doing well and enjoying it. Be sure to keep us informed and I think I speak for the whole of the AJSA when I say we're rooting for you. Well done, mate. 

Kaz32 likes this

33 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Congratulations. TL;DR I'm forced to admit, but it's great to see you doing well and enjoying it. Be sure to keep us informed and I think I speak for the whole of the AJSA when I say we're rooting for you. Well done, mate. 

Thanks! Means a lot man.

I'll give a cliff note of my experience:

- Played Spiderman Ps4, preordered that game and can't wait to play it

- Starting min 52, I somehow fought the best DBFZ player in Australia and won, in an impossible comeback that I can't fucking believe I actually did

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/304390387#%23

- Zed my man beat him as well, and he's gonna go to a world tour to possibly fight GO1 and SonicFox. I am rooting so much for that guy to represent Australia!!