• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Occupine

Hoping to get some views

35 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a youtube channel but nobody ever seems to want to visit it, give me any support or even look at my videos..I only have 3 right now and I can easily make more but..I just don't have the motivation. 1 hour render, 2 hr + upload..for 10 views? That's just not worth it. So i was hoping if I could get some support from the army, I could do more, maybe get my own fan base, etc, and of course thank Joe for this site and the chance to advertise my channel. Eventually I would do my own reviews. I don't have any type of camera yet, but once I eventually get one I will probably do vlogs, reviews, gameplay with reactions, you know the deal. Anyway..here it is

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHteJJM57mAlLQJ2kpP5Hww

I will totally give you some views, I have the same problem. lol. the videos I post are not about gaming though, it is mostly just me screwing around with my GoPro.

It takes time and patience, and I recommend you to upload videos at least twice a week, and I have a question which was the game of the third video??

It takes time and patience, and I recommend you to upload videos at least twice a week, and I have a question which was the game of the third video??

same game in all of them. It's prop Hunt from garry's mod. And I would upload videos more but..3+ hours for 1 video to get onto youtube for 10 views isn't that worth it. With more support I will probably start doing a lot more

beyond pissed off right now. 30 minutes or so of recording..20 minutes being a review of cod ghosts..microphone didn't get recorded..

don't post videos to get views , post videos on things you really want to share or do.  then slowly people will come and watch, and subscibe ^^  .

Eric likes this

don't post videos to get views , post videos on things you really want to share or do.  then slowly people will come and watch, and subscibe ^^  .

I do post videos on what I enjoy. Prop hunt is very very fun. But 3+ hours for 10 views isn't really worth it..and that takes off 3+ hours of gaming time

UPDATE! I have a video rendering right now, will upload as soon as it is done. I have 3 other videos to render and upload as well. They are all call of duty but I play different modes (Extinction, squad assault, wargame, safeguard)

You shouldn't make videos if you don't enjoy doing the process aswell, I made a video that took me like 2 days to fix because of the FX and sounds etc and I got like 20views on it, but I really enjoyed doing all those kind of stuff so I did not bother about the views.
When I put up my first video I got really happy when I got 10 views :(

I'm not regularly putting up videos because of school and my microphone picks up a lot of sound from my surroundings. If you ever want to talk about these kind of stuff you can add me on Skype.

You shouldn't make videos if you don't enjoy doing the process aswell, I made a video that took me like 2 days to fix because of the FX and sounds etc and I got like 20views on it, but I really enjoyed doing all those kind of stuff so I did not bother about the views.

When I put up my first video I got really happy when I got 10 views :(

I'm not regularly putting up videos because of school and my microphone picks up a lot of sound from my surroundings. If you ever want to talk about these kind of stuff you can add me on Skype.

It's not the making part that I don't enjoy, its the 3-6 hour render and upload time that renders my computer useless

It's not the making part that I don't enjoy, its the 3-6 hour render and upload time that renders my computer useless

Ah, I see what you mean, if you got the money you can upgrade your hardware ^^ I barely have any problems playing games or what not whilst rendering.

Ah, I see what you mean, if you got the money you can upgrade your hardware ^^ I barely have any problems playing games or what not whilst rendering.

my hardware is fine. I only got it this year. The rendering takes an hour and a half MAX, and that's rare. The upload takes...gee... 360+ minutes. my upload speed is terrible

1. Get a better mic I heard static and weird stuff. http://youtu.be/ZedMXnM7uiI?t=19s
  2. Crop the video in watchable segments. Quality over quantity.  5 minutes of quality highlights is better than 15 minutes of long gameplay. people will always want longer videos but it will mean hurting quality and that is not good.
  3. Record gameplay and VO on separate files. makes editing better.
  4. Lose your nervousness and learn to become a personality. Learn how to speak to a crowd meaning say what you need to say quickly and clearly without uh and dead silence.
  5. goes with 2, Set a standard if quality, do not upload something if theres a huge audio bug in the complete edit. Your videos have to be better quality and hardware is only a small limitation. 
  6. for 3 and 5. Learn about sound proofing and canceling echo to get clear audio.

Could give more tips on how to do better but that is enough for now.... good luck and perhaps I will find your videos in my feed in the future. However I do not care for Ghost gameplay, it doesn't interest me and theres billions of channels just like yours.

RECAP:

Sound proof, Invest in microphone, Shorten videos, learn to speak to crowds. Do this your videos will sound better you will be easier to listen to and if videos goal is quality they will be shortened in the process. also look into the stats of your videos look where people are stop watching.

Also once upload of the video is ready watch it to make sure nothing went wrong.

1. Get a better mic I heard static and weird stuff. http://youtu.be/ZedMXnM7uiI?t=19s
  2. Crop the video in watchable segments. Quality over quantity.  5 minutes of quality highlights is better than 15 minutes of long gameplay. people will always want longer videos but it will mean hurting quality and that is not good.
  3. Record gameplay and VO on separate files. makes editing better.
  4. Lose your nervousness and learn to become a personality. Learn how to speak to a crowd
  5. Set a standard if quality, do not upload something if theres a huge audio bug in the complete edit. Your videos have to be better quality and hardware is only a small limitation. 
  6. for 3 and 5. Learn about sound proofing and canceling echo to get clear audio.

Could give more tips on how to do better but that is enough for now.... good luck and perhaps I will find your videos in my feed in the future. However I do not care for Ghost gameplay, it doesn't interest me and theres billions of channels just like yours.

the "static" is explained in every single video...it's my air con..it's summer here in Australia, my Air con is loud and portable, and my room is tin. Please do the maths. My mic is perfectly fine

There are many recordings that I have not uploaded due to being boring or of very poor quality

I really do not like the look of a video that has been edited, it just doesn't look right, it stands out and if it's my video, I get very tempted not to upload it.

It is not easy to create a personality, especially quickly. Pewdiepie wasn't pewdiepie for a long time. I am a quiet, anti-social person so you can't expect me to be pewdie in a week.

My mic sensitivity is very low, that just shows how loud my air con is, and it is very much required currently. My computer gets rather hot and makes the room hot without air in winter..imagine summer.

I would really like to keep it all on one program for now, as it makes management so much easier. 

I started doing ghosts stuff because I thought it would get a bit more attention than prop hunt. I do not have a whole lot of games on my computer just yet. The problem is though, if the game isn't popular, you wont get many views (unless you are popular), but if the game is popular, there are soo many other videos that yours just get lost

Thanks for the feedback though

When I speak of personality I speak of like Angry joe, Totalbiscuit, Dodger ect. they are legitimate and being themselves. (I doubt Pewdiepie acts like that 100% of the time. but again I try to avoid his videos.) My suggestions were not made on assumptions that they can be done in a day.

I have given you suggestions perhaps a video how to fix the #1 problem will help.

If you found this helpful do like this post!

xD i make YouTube videos mostly lets plays of anything i want to i don't do it because i want to get views i do it because i find it fun and i like interacting with people i sometimes only get like 1 view a video but i could care less

AJSA Strazyplus likes this

I see you playing that sega game, watch out they can take down your channel if they want to. I hope you're aware of their practices.

the "static" is explained in every single video...it's my air con..it's summer here in Australia, my Air con is loud and portable, and my room is tin. Please do the maths. My mic is perfectly fine

That is no excuse.. People are watching your videos and weird things in the audio makes it less enjoyable.

If you get mad because you only get 10 vieuws, You shouldn't be uploading on youtube, You don't start with 100000 subscribers... Don't expect fame like it's nothing.

my hardware is fine. I only got it this year. The rendering takes an hour and a half MAX, and that's rare. The upload takes...gee... 360+ minutes. my upload speed is terrible

yes very true, the ajsa the dota event i was uploading took me over 3 hours or so : /

I see you playing that sega game, watch out they can take down your channel if they want to. I hope you're aware of their practices.

Ya Creative Assembly posted a link about it on their forums but i can as long as i send a link to there website  plus lets plays come under your own materiel's since you created it and as long as you have premision Wat i do

Ya Creative Assembly posted a link about it on their forums but i can as long as i send a link to there website  plus lets plays come under your own materiel's since you created it and as long as you have premision Wat i do

Wut the copyright belongs to the creator of the game if he likes he can just shut your video down like it's nothing.

That's what Sega has been doing to a lot of youtubers just see TB videos he explains in some.