• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Red Dead Redemption 2 review is out.

7 posts in this topic

Just like Zelda, this is the next 10 out of 10 GOTY surefire game for sure. God of War is a good GOTY contender as well, but my guess is this game will take the GOTY prize. Tomorrow, this game will be MINE! And I will play the everlasting shit out of this game for sure! Right after I finish attending PAX and trying out Sekiro + Resident Evil 2 remake. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Sorry for being negative, butI have burned my hands with so many "10/10 games" (GTA V, Skyrim, etc.) that I'm definitely not going to buy this until I'm able to give it a good try beforehand.

So far I'm not convinced but of course since I have not played it yet I'm staying hopeful that the game is actually very good. Let's give it a fair try and and see after that ...

5 hours ago, Doctor said:

Sorry for being negative, butI have burned my hands with so many "10/10 games" (GTA V, Skyrim, etc.) that I'm definitely not going to buy this until I'm able to give it a good try beforehand.

So far I'm not convinced but of course since I have not played it yet I'm staying hopeful that the game is actually very good. Let's give it a fair try and and see after that ...

I expected this response from you. After all your GOTY game materials includes Star Citizen alpha and a baseball manager game. That’s ok, if that’s your cup of tea, then it’s good that you like them that much. If you want my advice though, you have an allergy for AAA games and just prefer PC only games, so it’s pointless to force yourself to play a game you don’t like. You’re just going to hate it & everyone will just tell you “why are you even trying in the first place”.

To be honest though, my personal GOTY last hear wasn’t even Zelda, but Nier Automata + Persona 5 + Yakuza Kiwami 2. I think Red Dead Redemption 2 will be my GOTY this year. Will it be overhyped? I have no idea since I haven’t played it yet, but I want to play it asap. Which I will once I’ve done PAX, but my guess is that this game will be 10 times better than Red Dead Redemption 1, so I can’t fucking wait!!!

I don't trust IGN anymore.

However, I did watch Jim Sterling's Jimpressions video of it...and it sounds pretty good. Unfortunately, as much as I LOVE immersive content, this game also sounds like an Ian Malcolm: they spent so much effort wondering if they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Not going to be purchasing it for a while. Too many other games I still haven't finished. This is another "on sale" title for me.

15 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

I expected this response from you. After all your GOTY game materials includes Star Citizen alpha and a baseball manager game. That’s ok, if that’s your cup of tea, then it’s good that you like them that much. If you want my advice though, you have an allergy for AAA games and just prefer PC only games, so it’s pointless to force yourself to play a game you don’t like. You’re just going to hate it & everyone will just tell you “why are you even trying in the first place”.

I find it hard to even have GOTY game since games are so different and it is all about my mood which I find "best" at the moment. I do buy AAA games when something interesting comes up and it is true I'm a 100% PC gamer at the moment. I guess RDR2 will be released on PC at some point later so I should have lots of time to take a deep-depth look at it before release.

I'm more allergic to reviews these days. Some games are so much hyped in game media that it really feels if they get even a fair review or automatic high score. Of course can't say if RDR2 would be one of those games. I personally feel Skyrim, GTA V, etc. are overly hyped games and I did a mistake by buying them before giving them a try. That's why I'll be much more careful with RDR2.

IGN had lost its spark with me sadly, I feel they don't really play with it enough before doing a review (not sure if this is their fault or a devs) however I will most likely be waiting a week or so, watch a stream or two before making a decision. Just hope it lives up to the hype.

It is not only IGN but I'm pretty tired to game media / journalism in general. The sites seems to be more or less all the same and there's no many sites I have found interesting. I guess it is just that majority of sites are not targetted my kind of gamers. As a PC gamer the choices are pretty bad.

It is a bit funny how some games gets tons of visibility just visiting once in E3 stage. No Man's Sky is one such an example. PC Gamer made ridiculous amount of articles about it before the release while for example X4: Foundations has got one so far. Egosoft has made live streams, videos, interviews, etc. about X4 and media keeps total silence.

PC Gamer has been advertising RDR2 quite heavily and it has not even announced for PC ... :)

Well, anyway. I truly hope RDR2 will be amazing game. I don't care about reviews but need to give it a try myself. The theme is intereting and if it doesn't feel like a typcical "open world game" I'm very much interested.