• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

PlasticFrogCG

Old Game Slump

4 posts in this topic

Not that this is a bad thing, but lately I've been engaged in some rather curious gaming behaviour that I'd like to discuss.

Namely, I have a whole Steam list full of games I purchased and haven't even played, but I keep going back to just two:

Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I really can't seem to put my finger on why. I've played both of these games up to and past the actual "end game" several times, but I just keep rerolling characters and starting all over again. I also keep finding new mods I want to try out. Skryim is currently sitting at 138 active mods and Fallout 4 is running 167.

Every time I open my Steam list and try to find a new game to instal I just say "Nah, I'll play Skyrim/Fallout". Crazy! :D

Unless of course my little sister in Washington calls and wants to play The Forest.

Rojo_The_Great and Lazilot like this

I feel you. To me it seems like there just aren't that many games that catch my attention anymore like they used to...

Like occasionally there'll be the odd indie game that has whacky physics or some other kind of crazyness drawing me to it like 'Stick Fight' or 'Totally Accurate Battle Simulator' but I usually avoid alot of the new AAA releases because they're often just so... similar and lackluster, whereas I could just load up Skyrim with the Enderal mod installed and play a completely different game even though it's literally the same engine and everything.

I mean, Red Dead Redemption 2 is obviously an exception but if I'm getting one of those for every Call of Duty clone or Obligatory Battle Royale game it's kinda like I'm at a McDonald's getting a large fry and every fry in the box except one tasted absolutely horrible -- which is starting to happen alot more and I could swear these fries used to taste better, like did they change the oil or something... *Leaves to continue ranting about McDonald's fries*

PlasticFrogCG likes this

Actually, that's a great example, but McDonald's fries usually come out really horrible because they DIDN'T change the oil. Which is what we're getting here, the same deep-fried games, immersed in the same greasy old oil as everything else!

I think that it is a testament to Bethesda creative prowess that their games are so replayable. Hell, I bought Skyrim on launch back in '11 and I still go back and play it frequently. (It also doesn't hurt that you can play it on every modern console that you can think of.) But, then again, there are several RPG games that I will go back and play in a proverbial loop. Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate Two, the Divinity games; they are all great games who have hours upon hours of stuff that you can do. Double that if they have multiple ways that you can approach quests. Damn, I love videogames.