• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

My first true Worldwide FGC experience: Wow. This was SCARY!

1 post in this topic

So just this Saturday & Sunday, I participated in the final Dragonball Fighter Z saga event in my home Melbourne, the Couch Warriors Crossup. And wow..... what an amazing time I had. To be able to meet Fenritti, Kazunoko, Apology Man and the other fighting game pros and play matches against them? This is the most surreal time of my life! Never in my dreams would I ever expected this!

I managed to get myself on stream for my first match, which scared me! Like, how?? Usually I got streamed in the middle of my bracket, but I had to start first on my first match D: ??

Did pretty well there, and then I had to go up against Kindevu. I know he's serious business since in the past he had high rankings in his past tournaments for many2 games, which scared the living shit out of me. But let me tell ya, I never expected that I would ever got a round off him, and almost beating him in round 2! Like, did that seriously just happened???

After the matches that were shown on stream, I won 1 round against ANOTHER Japanese player, and man, he too is seriously tough as ALL hell. His name is ABEGEN, and his Nappa is just fucking ridiculously good that it threw me off guard

He beat me in round 1, and he ALMOST beat me in round 2 with just a 1/10 health left in me, but I somehow made a clutch comeback that is so scary, that I jumped out of my seat after doing it. And then I won the third round. Like..... this tournament is just making me have a non stop heart attack!

Just when I was about to enter my next match though, me and my opponent who I know from BAM named Baxter chill out first to watch a match between Fenritti and our Australian representative Falco as seen here. 

Yep, that was me running to the stage to support him. :D I'm so happy that Australia can show the world that we have the skills to win! And then I of course tell Fenritti afterwards to not worry because he still has a second chance at the losers bracket. I'm a fan of him and I want him to win his ball! But unfortunately he lost the losers bracket to Souji. Maybe he'll get his chance at the Last Chance Qualifier January event.

Then after that, Baxter beat me, I made it to top 17, and Baxter got destroyed by the man who made the best nerve wrecking set of Blazblue ever garireo. And unfortunately no one from Australia make it to top 8......... but hey! My friends made it to top 12 boyz!!

Then the next day, I decided to buy these guys donuts. Mainly because RaptR is there so when Hit's in the house, you gotta have donuts!

Image may contain: 2 people, including Ray Nova Usanto, people smiling, close-up and indoor

And I also got to get selvies with both Kazunoko and Kindevu, because it's Kazunoko and because Kindevu beat me and made it far into top 8, plus he's a cool guy and we played casual matches afterwards. Good thing I learned japanese so I was able to say Japanese stuff to him + the other guys. We all who made it to top 32 deserves all the props!

Image may contain: Ray Nova Usanto, glasses, close-up and indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, including Ray Nova Usanto, people smiling, close-up and indoor

Then to make sure my Sunday is memorable, I vowed to take 1 game out of these pro players. Aside from Kindevu and ABEGEN, I managed to get a round off Nakkiel, Apology Man, Supernoon, garireo and even Fenritti before the place closes down, so all in all, I had a blast!

This tournament is definitely a great moment for us in Australia. The pro players are in another level entirely, and I got to learn their tech from playing against them. So now I'll use my newfound knowledge to get even better, and I will definitely play against these guys again in the future and win international tournaments. The journey to improve starts now! Time to unleash my inner Saitama!!!

Still waiting for the anime's second season!!!