• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Top 10 best games of 2018 time! Happy new year everyone!

1 post in this topic

Happy new year from Australia! And you know what time it is: Top 10 best games of 2018 list time! 

This year has been...... pretty basic compared to previous years. In 2017 there are so many surprisingly great games that I don't even think can be that damn good, like Evil Within 2, Prey, Nier fucking Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and Hollow Knight.

2018 on the other hand has all the games that are expected to be good, actually being good. Which is awesome! But a shame that there's not that many surprise unexpected heavy hitters. The Fall 2 & Vampyr were awesome, Remothered was pretty good, if confusing to follow, also Celeste and Obra Dinn which I heard so many good things about and will play when I can, but I want more! I like being surprised with stealthy heavy hitters!

Here's my top 10 best games of 2018:

10) The Fall 2 part 2: Unbound

What do you get if you take the Fall, and make it so much bigger with more gameplay variety? You get this game. Bigger story, more characters, and more fluid gameplay which doesn't restrict your movement like before. And come on, how can you not love a game with One Finger Death Punch sections in it??

Image result for THE FALL PART 2

9) Detroid Become Human

This is David Cage's best game since Indigo Prophecy. Not only is this game SO much better than Beyond Two Souls + Heavy Rain, it manages to allow for dozens and dozens of different outcomes in your choices which heavily affects the ending of the game for every character in the story. It's such a shame that we don't actually get the answer of are the androids in this game gaining sentience because of a glitch in their system, some brain uploading shenanigans or they actually have spirits of dead people reincarnating in them, but it's still a really fun time regardless.

detroit%20become%20human%204.jpg?itok=1R

8) Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Image result for assassin's creed odyssey

Ubisoft did it. They make Assassin's Creed Origins bigger & more like Witcher 3. Which is awesome! I played the crap out of this game, completing almost all the quests until I got the true ending. I never do that to any Assassin's Creed games before because they all bored me with their one note gameplay, but this game is varied enough that I want to see through to the end of the journey. It's too bad about the microtransactions and the very grind heavy journey to get to the true end, but it's still a great fun ride.

7) Vampyr

Image result for vampyr

Hard to believe that this game is made by the people behind Life is Strange. They're actually capable of making a solid RPG with concequences that actually is reflected to the world you're in. And they make being a vampire awesome. Bravo dev! Unfortunate though that there's not much to the NPCs in this game besides you either sucking their blood or let them be with their various dark secrets. I want it so that some of these NPCs like the criminals can be punished by another means besides sucking their blood, but ah well, what's done is done.

6) Hokuto Ga Gotoku/ Fist of the Northstar Lost Paradise

Image result for fist of the north star lost paradise

It's Fist of the Northstar meets Ryu Ga Gotoku. The best combination ever. Where else can you see Kenshiro blowing people to gory bits like he did in the anime, while also watching him do this:

This is just the beginning of a new line of Hokuto Ga Gotoku games, and I can't freaking wait for the sequel. 

5) Spiderman PS4

Image result for spiderman ps4

A great restart to Spiderman with the potential of other Marvel superheroes to join in and have their own games. Great story & characters to accompany it as well, and it's the best Spiderman story in any media ever. The end still makes me tear up a bit every time I look back at it.

The reason why this is number 5 on my list is simple: The combat is quite simplistic & doesn't have as much movelist like Web of Shadows, which I replayed after playing this game and feel has a much better and funner combat. Also there's too much easter eggs from other Marvel characters, and we don't see them. Looking at you Avengers, Daredevil and Black Panther, who should have come and help Spiderman during the last few acts of the game but decided not to ARRGHH WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

4) Judge Eyes

Image result for judge eyes

The other new spinoff series of Ryu Ga Gotoku / Yakuza besides Hokuto Ga Gotoku, and it's just as awesome as usual, especially since this game's plot is now about a murder mistery which keeps you guessing till the very end, and it has Phoenix Wright style courtroom sections! And this hype as fuck intro!

What's not to love?

3) Dragonball Fighter Z

Image result for dragonball fighterz

Oh my God this game. Best Dragonball game ever, and I'm still playing it till this day, improving myself bit by bit and vowing to be even better. This game introduces me to the amazing fighting game community in Australia, giving me the experience to play at a pro level tournament and it allows me to go face to face against the top FGC players that came all the way from Japan and USA. I thank this game so much from the bottom of my heart for the memories it gave me. Good news is it's still young and growing, and I can't wait for the future of this game. Not to mention I will attend the final world tour tournament in 26 January in Los Angeles, and I'm still training hard for that time. Wait for me LA, because I'm comin for you!

2) Red Dead Redemption 2 & God of War PS4

Image result for red dead redemption 2

Image result for god of war ps4

2 games that are definitely GOTY candidates, each expertly crafted and are both amazing games. I like God of War because it actually makes Kratos not a cunt, and of course because of the potential for future sequels that I am so so looking forward to seeing. Red Dead Redemption 2 has all those really damn good random npc encounters that makes every quests you do fun and new every single time, as well as the excellent story, which is such a shame when you pretty much know that this game is just a prequel to the first Red Dead Redemption, and because of that you know that no matter how happy the plot ends, it will be undone because of the first game. I want the first game to be non-canon now so I can continue the story in a completely different direction.

But these are not my number 1 GOTY of 2018. There can be only 1 game that fills that spot:

1) Fate Grand Order

Image result for fate grand order

Yes. Like I said in another thread, this magnificent culmination of all the time I spent in this game has finally arrived in 20 December when the game's final chapter of part 1 has been released. And the feeling of joy, sadness & awesomeness I felt after playing the final chapter makes my journey playing this game from when it's released in english in 2017 till now absolutely worth it. So worth it in fact that it's why this is my favorite game of 2018. And the best part: I don't pay a single real life money! 

Now that part 1 is finally over, it's time to wait for the english translation of part 2, and the Fate Babylonia anime!

Like usual, share your top 10 GOTY if you so choose, and let's all hope for a great 2019 in gaming. January's already looking hype as fuck with Resident Evil 2 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 which I WANT TO PLAY REALLY BADLY ARGHHH GIVE THESE GAMES TO ME NOW!!!!!!!

RuneX likes this