• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2019)

55 posts in this topic

A brief overview of the games I've finished since my last post:

• TACOMA
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Crackdown 3
  • Soul Calibur VI

All games were on my Xbox One. Working on Assassin's Creed: Rogue playthrough.

Game: Skullgirls

Platform: PC

Play Time: 15-ish minutes (Valentine's Story Mode)

I'm not much of a fighting game connoisseur, but I do enjoy some close-quarters fists-and-boots sort of action once in a while. Now I'd had my eyes on Skullgirls for a few years, and I finally got it in a bundle for a measly €3.20 yesterday. The gameplay is fairly standard as far as fighting games go, but the thing about Skullgirls that makes it special is its presentation. The art style is very eye-catching and the animations of the 2D characters are spot-on. Speaking of the characters, their designs are magnificent in every manner, even if some of them are rather grotesque, though in a delightful way. The sound design and voice acting are just as great, and the music ties up the package neatly. All in all, Skullgirls is not only an engaging game but an exemplary display of audiovisual craftsmanship. I can recommend it to fighting game fans without hesitation.

Rating: 5 / 5

Completed: Metro Exodus

Great looking environments with locations that give a good feel for the world, people, and creatures. Well written likable cast of characters that you get to know from seeing them bond at your base, with some possible events altering the moods of characters. World feels alive in way other games apocalyptic games don't with a mix of hope and despair (much less bleak than the previous Metro games). Some nice customization options for weapons and difficulty and some good accessibility options for subtitles and QTEs when grabbed by enemies. I liked that you can get certain enemy groups to surrender if you have knocked out enough of them or that some of the mutants and animals might back off from attacking you if you kill some of their pack or if they are wounded. Some enemies will make use of hiding spots or try to blend in with corpses to surprise you.

Terrible save system, you get one save slot and a checkpoint system with a continue option that only loads the latest before giving you an option to load the other, so if anything goes wrong with a save or the game crashes while saving you're probably out of luck (it does offer a chapter select option on the main menu if you wanted to replay things though). Metro's systems aren't at their best in the more open environments, you will be sneaking by people, animals, and mutated creatures looking right at you in the day and most of the open area is really just a few more important places and some areas to just pick up some extra gear or supplies. Though really only two of the areas are more open, with the starting area, a later area, and the two ending areas being closer to the previous games. The moral system Metro has always used makes this game much easier to get the good ending but it really limits your options to almost never fighting to kill or shooting guns at people, which can make the weapon upgrades and scavenging for crafting materials not that important. A few bugs with the animations not working right, getting stuck on things, or bullets/knives going through enemies when they are doing certain animations. Loses a bit of what made Metro stand out with you being away from the Metro, the factions of the Metro, and a lot of the more mystical or horror focused elements until the very last section.

Completed: OneShot

A puzzle game that makes use of documents, applications, and other windows on your computer to solve puzzles. You are initially introduced to a "real" cat like child as a god that has to help them put a light-bulb representing the world's sun in place to help revive a dying world while trying to send the child home. A second playthrough can change the story and introduce new characters to give you both the real story of the world.

27) Apex Legends

It's the game everyone is playing now. And by God, it's awesome, and it would be MORE awesome if it doesn't lag all the damn time! In my 10 matches, I had 7 where I was exploring, and then all of a sudden a lag spike happens & I'm stuck standing still, and a couple of moments later, I'm dead from shotgun fire. URRGHHH

You know the deal with battle royale games: drop in, get loot, try not to get killed & support each of your teammates. The difference is you can pick characters with their own abilities, and whoever you pick are all good as long as you know how to use their abilities effectively. I freaking love the ping system. It makes coordinating so much easier. Also really like how you can revive a dead teammate by grabbing their beacon & going to a revive spot. These are game-changing things that I want in other battle royale games from now on. Surprisingly enough, sniper rifles in this game suck balls since it has bullet delays, and every time you try to shoot someone in a distance and they're moving a lot, you will miss that shot 1 time out of 10. Shotguns & assault rifles are the best weapons, especially the Peacekeeper with a mod that reduces the bullet spread when you iron sight. Fully charge it up & bye2 face. It's a great thing that I see gaming tips online on how to play this game because initially, I don't know which weapon is the best. I recommend watching these vids before going to combat.

It's unfortunate that this game doesn't have a solo mode, which is what I usually play, and instead, you have to play with 2 other team members. If you got shit teammates that don't know what they're doing, you're boned. If you got great teammates, then it's a really fun time of cat and mouse with the other players. My victory recently was with great teammates & we support each other well. I spot enemies with Bloodhound, the other guys are Caustic and Lifeline. We revive each other & hide to heal ourselves when we're in a rough gunfight with a bunch of other teams, basically making them kill each other. It all paid off as we're the only team left vs 1 guy that decides to hide in 1 obvious spot, so we poison + flare grenade his hiding spot and he can't do anything but die. SWEET SWEET VICTORY!!!

Completed: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Makes the good decision to not directly continue from the other games/anime, which would have likely made them much more convoluted as well likely undoing any kind of ending offered by the other games/anime. Has the amusing moments and some good character and trial twists the series is known for. With a theme focused on the real antagonists being the world/players wanting to feel the hope theme of past games through watching character struggles and perseverance through death and pain, and likely the developers wanting to do something new after constant requests for more sequels. If they never make another Danganronpa game, this was the best way to end it.

More characters that are just dull or unlikable compared to past games, with me being happy to see about five of them in a row die, mechanically nothing has improved investigation or character interaction wise and every new type of trial segment is awful, either just being awkward, long and boring, or so easy it requires no real thought. The new feature of being able to turn clues into lies works thematically but is almost never used and when it is you are pretty much directly told to do it, stopping it from really adding anything to all but the final trial proceeding.

28) DMC 5

I finished this game twice on PC. Now I'm playing the game on PS4 after I got the free copy from a contest I won. THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING!

29) Loading Screen Simulator

Even a loading screen has a simulator. Thankfully it's free!

30) When the Darkness comes

It's one of those free experimental walking simulator game. This time it emulates what it feels to be depressed. I don't get affected by this game since I live my life to the fullest and experience everything that I can without regrets, so phew! Good thing it ends well since I choose the good option instead of the messed up ones.

31) Dead or Alive 6

Platform: PS4

Got this game for free after winning a challenge in my local video game bar. I won 3 sets of DOA6 matches, so I got this game + Atelier Lydie + $25 voucher to get anything in the bar, which I use to buy a PUBG chicken dinner parmigiana. Yum!

DOA6 is pretty much DOA5, but with a super meter that lets you do sidestep attack, super attack or super parry. In other words, still a lot of damn fun. The story mode is, well, typical DOA nonsense with a lot of sporadic 10 seconds long cutscenes everywhere, and then change to a more straightforward plot once Kasumi and Ryu Hayabusa joins in. Team Ninja is pretty much known to not do story well, BUT, as sporadic and messy the story mode in this game is, it's still 100 times more fun and better than that abomination that is Tekken 7's side story mode. At least here, all the plotline ends up making sense and follow a straight path, and it make sure to include every character in the plot. Plus it has a pretty good twist by the end of it. Now I don't know what's next for Team Ninja, but if they make Ninja Gaiden 4, I hope it's a sequel to DOA6 where Ryu go in DOATEC and destroy shit, and you get to finally play as Hayate this time. That'll be really damn cool, but we'll see.

Completed: Devil May Cry 5

The fun over the top moments series is known for (though toned down from 3 and 4). With combat that is at it's best when you aren't always thinking about the easiest or most efficient way to do something but instead embrace the more chaotic nature of the game while trying to do what is the most fun and making the most out of the large number of options. Three playable characters that are all fun and different to play.

The camera can make it hard to see at times but you are given a few options to change how it works, Lady and Trish contribute nothing and are only there to remind you they exist and to be nude at some point. Most of the environments are pretty dull, don't enhance the combat experience or add anything fun to do, and levels might repeat the same environment or very similar ones. Kind of a dull (gameplay wise) and sudden ending.

32) Zombie Kill of the Week: Reborn

This title sounds more like a youtube compilation video than an actual game. XD

It's one of those "kill zombies & survive as long as you can" games. Think old school Zombie mode from World at War but 2D. You kill zombies, buy weapons, move on to the next rooms & kill as many as you can before you go down. Simple stuff.

33) Deadly Moves

Platform: Sega Genesis

Ahhh this game. I played this game when I was a kid, and I don't know HOW I actually beat this game back then. Now playing it back again, I can definitely say one thing:

THIS GAME IS SO BAD. Just look at this!

It's supposed to be a fighting game, but it's so dumb. Imagine Street Fighter, but you don't have low attacks, you use special moves by pressing both A and B while doing a Sonic Boom motion or pressing forward, see that Hadoken stuff? That's the Sonic Boom motion move I just said, movements are as stiff as concrete, and make every enemy AI hyperaggressive so they spam special moves over and over and over again. And the final boss is just a straight up Rugal clone. Back when I was young, I thought he's a cool boss so I play the game again to beat him again. WHY DID I DO THAT?? He sucks ass! What kind of a final boss name is Ranker???

34) Unsung Warriors - Prologue

A short game which is just a taste of what the upcoming game will be like. It's a combat-heavy platformer with various gears for you to equip. You can push enemies into pits, spiked pits, those rock traps that smush you to meat paste, and use magic spells to destroy them. Liking how it plays, can't wait to see what the full game will be like.

Game: Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered

Platform: Xbox One

Finally after missing out years ago on playing this game I was able to experience it for the first time and completed it over the weekend. I purchased this game a month or two ago when it was on sale on Xbox during an Ubisoft promotion. I've been on a playthrough since and I'm happy with how everything turned out. I was intrigued by the story of the main character, Shay Cormac, who was originally a member of the Colonial Brotherhood of Assassins turned Templar. Without giving too much away this game serves as a good tie-in between Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III plus it also helps lead into Assassin Creed Unity which I really liked.

35) Metro Exodus

My God. This game..... is so good. The dev team really outdone themselves this time. Not only are there multiple stages, 2 of which are awesome linear sections that's a nostalgia trip of previous Metro games, but there's 3 small open world that doesn't get boring, mainly because of the excellent crafting + item management mechanic which makes you want to explore and find stuff for you to use. There's so much varied stuff to do & different locations with their own themes. One area you're playing in a swamp filled with mutant crabs which reminds me of STALKER, the other you're in the desert which definitely reminds me of Mad Max, there's just so many cool shit! As expected from the former developers of STALKER, they make sure to put together all the game knowledge they've learned into one beautiful package.

I'm also surprised at how relatable the characters are & how this truly is a band of best friends that come together for each other. Since they all ride a train together out of Moscow to find a new place to settle in, we get to follow their adventure & see how loyal they are, which in this day and age is rare to find in a game. The family episodes of Artyom and his wife + father in law is also really good, especially in the final stretch of the game when shit really gets down & they act like true family. It makes me tear up with happiness, and also sadness. That ending got me man. :( 

Still annoyed that Artyom doesn't speak to people when you play as him even though he totally can speak but only in the loading screen + self-narration. He has a voice that voices him, so just let him speak like normal! But I get that it's pretty much a series tradition at this point so, meh. Also, where are the Dark Ones?? I'm surprised that they're nowhere in sight even though you travel throughout Russia. Maybe they found a way to fly & travel overseas somewhere in a remote island. Good for them.

Completed: Tom Clancy's The Division 2

The Division 2 has detailed well made environments, large and varied even in side missions. Good movement and animations on the enemies from how they get into cover, dodge, or react to being shot, good AI. A lot to do mission and character build wise. Fun base gameplay with a variety of options for how you want to build your character, and playing in different styles makes it fun to play with friends. Some of the new dark zone changes are for the best such as making weapons more equal stat wise and allowing you to take smaller rouge actions that don't require you to kill other players.

Story best summed up by saying it opens with an NRA commercial that feels like it would be a parody at the start of MGS4 but without the irony, any attempts to ground the game in the modern world are are uninspired and hold it back from either being more interesting or the more ridiculous feeling it can seem to want to go for once you start fighting large heavily armored guys walking around with mounted weaponry and robot drones. No remotely interesting or memorable characters, even if anyone could have been interesting you spend so little time with everyone that there wouldn't have been much for them to do. Loot comes too quickly, frequently replacing weapons or equipment you had just acquired or changing out gear or filling your inventory in the early game and needing to break down or go sell everything.

A non ending to the plot that brings in heavy grind for the endgame, a new faction appears with some new enemy types, they take over all the control points you captured, stronghold missions are back with them in control and you revisit some of the same mission locations with them as the enemy and some new dialogue and you unlock a specialization that gives you a new fourth weapon unique to whatever of the three types you chose and some new passive skills. The streets can become ridiculously crowded with multiple groups and factions of enemies and objectives and patrols all running into each other, once needing me to fight eight groups of enemies for a control point because everyone else was lured to the gunfire or just passing by. You try to find new equipment to get an average gear score high enough to take on one of the strongholds, once you do enemies get stronger, gear gets better, and you have to reach the next average to take the next stronghold. This is not done very well as I would frequently have gear that was much more useful stat and ability wise that was much older than the newer stuff.

Even with that the game lasted for some time while I was going through the main missions and those were enjoyable and there is fun to be had in the Dark Zone with friends. Hopefully there will be some good content and modes added like there was with the first game, and this time it should all be free. Needs to add a pet options for all the animals.

36) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I will prolong completing this game 100% because I want to keep playing this game. Beat this game 3 times already and I'm going for more!

37) Unheard

Ahhh, me love some good detective game. This is basically like the Invisible Hours, but instead of following people as a ghost, you just use a map on an iPad and listen to people talking in different rooms until you find out who the characters are & answer the questions in each of the 5 missions. So in 1 part you're supposed to figure out where a bomb came from + who detonated it by following character's voices, while in another part you're supposed to find out who killed an actress playing the Wizard of Oz play. It feels so nice to solve a case after paying really close attention to the tiny details.

Weird ending though. There's 4 endings, and the game makes it ambiguous on which of the ending is the real thing and which one is false except for 1 obvious "bad ending". I think the 3 other endings are actually true but it's up to you to decide which path you want for your character. Play the game to see what I mean

These next ones are from the arcade I went to recently, and quite a few new stuff to try out.

38) Point Blank X

Platform: Arcade

IT'S BACK! POINT BLANK IS BACK BABY!

This is more like an HD Point Blank collection instead of a true sequel though because a lot of the missions are pretty much the same missions from the old Point Blank games, with a few new ones. BUT I STILL LOVE IT! Except for how my gun's aim doesn't match the screen so I tend to miss my targets, especially those annoying "shoot this thing with only 1 bullet" challenges which are IMPOSSIBLE! ARRRGHHHHH!

39) Speed of Light

Apparently someone saw one of those "press these lights as fast as you can" eye-hand coordination things from a science museum and made a game out of it.

This guy must have played this game more than 10 times to get that fast. I tried it and even though I was as fast as I possibly can with pressing those blue buttons, I can never get the score to multiply that often. Could be that the version I had is not responsive, but still fun.

40) Rampage

No, not the Rampage arcade game from Midway with the clay animations, but THIS

It's a lot simpler than the previous arcade game in the 90s, which I prefer more since there's a lot more variety.

Hm, I may go back to playing this game on my PS1.

Completed: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Excellent fluid animations with speed and combat mechanics that can make almost every enemy entertaining to fight, some of the best boss fights you can have when they are engaged in the way that the game wants you to engage them, and a system of combat through combat posture, parries, and deathblows that further highlight the beautiful animation of the game. With this, a From Software game finally has functional hit detection that not only works well but leads to beautiful looking duels, if you ignore the enemies grab attacks at least. Shinobi prosthetics and their upgrades give you a lot of options for attacks and mobility as well as some being very strong against certain types of enemies. Some great looking environments and varied enemies with a lot of looks and combat styles to them. The story and lore are much more straightforward than the typical From Software game, still having themes of impending death and decay but potentially being a more hopeful ending wise for some of the main characters and the people you meet. Your character has a personality and many of the people that you meet are willing to help you, giving you more of a connection to the setting without the need for the online elements of the past game. There is a mechanic called Dragonrot that will cause NPCs to become ill when you die too many times, thematically this works to show the effect of people like you on the populace and world but mechanically it never does anything that matters, given how many times most people will die in these games that makes sense though it would have made more of an impact to tie the disease to you making use of your resurrection power rather than only happening when you die and reload. On the PC the game also ran perfectly for me, never really having any noticeable framerate drops in larger battles or in more effect heavy areas and boss fights.

There are some fairly significant problems with the game. Regular enemies and bosses are easily exploitable through use of your ability to constantly run, how powerful your tools are against certain bosses, and through your stealth attacks. Due to those reasons I very rarely tended to engage with the mechanics of aggressively destroying enemy posture because it's just not as effective even if it would help to build skill and could be more fun after the trial and error of getting attack patterns down. Ranged enemies see you through walls and invisible walls and barriers hurt stealth as well as usual waiting for enemies to just forget about your existence. There is no reason for tools to be powered by consumables, if it wanted to limit you between points or deathblows that makes sense but there is no reason why you should be able to run out and have to refill your stock through deathblows or by having to purchase more. Combat arts are limited to one being equipped at a time and they are needlessly costly to buy with skill points, some of the more expensive ones aren't even useful or effective damage wise and you will have no way to know that until you buy them. Against weaker enemies you might be constantly activating deathblows which make you immune to damage during the animation and will likely be gaining you back health which leads to extremely easy gameplay against many enemies where you can potentially just mash attack until the guard is broken one foe at a time. Beast type enemies are boring to fight, and the game should have used more mounted enemies like one of the bosses who does make for a good fight.

As a whole I prefer Nioh with it's much wider variety of weapons, attack skills, and being able to equip multiple weapons and skills at once but, assuming you get used to the game's mechanics, you can end up having some of the best fights in this game that you are likely to ever have. The final boss and one of the side bosses required for one of the endings were two of the most satisfying to fight enemies I've seen in a game, and both of them fought in a way where you couldn't stealth damage them or cheese them by running or using tools that they were weak to, which just makes it all the more unfortunate that your other opponents aren't as well designed as them.

Completed: Battletoads
Platform: NES

Good music, well done animations, one of the very few NES beat em ups where it is actually satisfying to hit enemies due to the visual and sound effects as well as the impact of your blows. The problem is that the combat is very easy with dull enemies and most of the game is a platformer with poor jumping, at times odd hit detection, and annoying gimmicks in each stage or the game has you on some type of vehicle trying to dodge rapidly approaching objects that in certain areas force trial and error and pretty much kills any overall enjoyment I was having with the game.

41) Division 2

SO much better than Division 1. More enemy variety, much better gears + abilities to use, a much more interesting story to uncover through the audiologs, better likeable characters to interact with, and an endgame content that actually unlocks new stuff for you to play with. And thank God the plot in this game isn't just a lame Resident Evil knockoff like the first one with the viruses but more about rebuilding civilization after the chaos that ensues. It's serviceable & get the gameplay going, which is good for a looter shooter like this one. And I can safely say that this game makes Anthem look like child's play, though to be fair most looter shooters are tons better than that shambling mess of a game.

42) What never was

A very short "see this room & tinker with stuff until you beat the game" game which I think is a prologue to an upcoming game that this dev wants to make. It's pretty cute, just about a girl who visits her grandfather's study room after he died & discover mythical objects he plays around with. I would like to see a continuation of this story since the puzzle aspect & the backstory shows promise. We'll have to wait and find out if there's going to be a next game!

43) Retro Highway

Platform: iPhone

It's like Super Hang-On back in the old arcades, but an infinite runner. You have a bunch of challenges to complete. The more you complete, the more cash you get & more levels to unlock. The dev makes this game Sega as hell with the soundtrack

44) Cut The Rope Magic

It's that game with the cute green thing that likes to eat candies. Only this time you can morph yourself to other animals through magic!

45) Newton

A puzzle game where you make a white ball go to the destination while having to avoid spikes along the way. 

Some of these puzzles are quite intense since it requires you dropping the white ball down while avoiding walls of spikes, and as expected, requires a lot of luck to beat. 

46) The Lion's Song

This is a good one! It's a 4 episode game where each episode has you playing as different characters. Episode 1 has you playing as an upcoming composer, 2 as a painter who is able to see people's inner personalities as painting subjects but he's struggling to see the personality of himself, 3 as a woman mathematician who tries to make it big in a mathematician circle, but can't because the one who runs the circle is a sexist piece of shit so she has to disguise herself as a man, who surprisingly makes her look cuter while she's in the disguise. Just look at when she's normal

Image result for the lion song episode 3

And when she dresses like a guy

Image result for the lion song episode 3 emil

And episode 4 has you playing as a guy who met people who knows the previous 3 characters in a train, while they're off to serve in World War 1................... yeah you can pretty much tell how the end of this game will turn out.

My favorite episode is definitely episode 3 since it has a Phoenix Wright esque final battle with the sexist asshole who thinks he's the better mathematician. It's always great to see someone that unlikeable get his comeuppance. Best part about the game though is that your choices actually will be reflected in future episodes, and it's fun to see the little changes that'll come up after you made a decision. That and the titular Lion's Song, which is the song that the character in episode 1 eventually compose & will be heard throughout the rest of the episodes, and it changes depending on what choices you made. This particular one is the best possible version of the song, and it's pretty epic.

Wonder why the design for each characters have them with that.... weird nose. It's like everyone's having a flu or some sort!

47) Dead Cell

I played this game WWAAAAAAY back when it was only a really early alpha with just the first boss as the last obstacle. Now it has finally come full circle with the full release, and I died over and over again, but each time I get back stronger than ever before. Love that this game is a bit like Dark Souls in that you have an estus flask with you that you can upgrade with souls, and also you can invest souls for better equipment with better buffs which makes the Roguelike thing actually progressive and that you do get stronger after each step closer to the end. Unlike most roguelikes where getting to the end requires a lot of luck hoping that you get the absolute best gear before getting to the final boss or else you're screwed. I will totally play this game again and unlock more stuff and get the true ending. Hope I can get further abilities since I see places where I have to wall jump and unlock a more powerful ground and pound.

48) DUSK

It's that gory game that's heavily inspired by Quake and having you destroy everything in your path with various weaponry. Like the cultsy vibe & that the game put military ops in so you don't just fight supernatural enemies the whole game. Also love how creative the level designs are, especially the one where you tilt gravity & the one that mostly takes place in a giant factory where in the end you fight an Arnold Swatzneger wannabee. This guy is pretty much what you get if you put an Arnold impersonator up to 11.

Fuck these enemies though

CowGirl.png

Especially at the end when there's 5 of these things in 1 large area. Their rocket attacks can instantly destroy your health if you're not moving around, and the best way to kill them is to use the riveter, aka rocket launcher of death. But good luck not getting hit by the explosion when you're in a cramped room!

49) Radiant One

Wow. This... is shorter than I expected. Basically it's about a guy who has a lucid dream and has been sleeping peacefully while able to dream anything he wants. Then he has a nightmare with this black cloaked figure that can hurt him in real life. And then it basically becomes a game of exploring his past until the root of the problem was found, and then he wakes up fine. Well that was simple!

This is definitely originally an iPhone game since the touch screen circle icon is still here. I like the graphics, colorful and pretty with a soothing feel to it. Great music as well.

The thing that makes the game short is that the game only takes place in an apartment + his dreams. There are parts where he gets out to meet a doctor and work, but these are all just in a narration text crawl. Had these sections be in the game, the game would definitely be longer & more interesting. Ah well, maybe the dev's next game will have more stuff.

Completed: Bury me, my Love

The story of a Syrian woman attempting to seek asylum in certain parts of Europe and her husband still in their homeland texting back to her ideas and guidance, with paths and characters met based on accounts developers have heard from real refugees or on what was going on at the time in the locations you visit. The framing of the story showing both the journey and the loved ones left behind still in a war torn environment.

The interface uses a phone with text, pictures, emoji, as well as voice messages accompanying each of the 19 endings. The way it is sent up and with that feels like a real conversation. You can choose options that will lead your wife down different paths, to different countries, and to meeting different people but she also is treated as her own person and is very likable and will make her own decisions at times ignoring your advice or not telling you about more dangerous actions until they are over. Well written during the serious and grim moments of injured protesters, harassment, theft, scams, and less then welcoming locals but also in the more lighthearted times where humor or love between the couple is the focus or being used to help get through a tough situation, such as when an in joke develops between the two over their phone's overzealous auto-correct.

From what I've heard from other's playthroughs and saw on my own your path can make for a fairly easy trip, you might have to help your wife amputate the leg of a injured woman, your travels could lead to a protest at a closed border, walk over a former minefield, followed by a theft from a supposed friend and sneaking on top of an RV to make it into Italy, or could involve putting your trust in a cheap boat crossing run by mafia leading to more tragic results.

The only real negative is that it can make itself needlessly difficult or tedious to replay if you want to see the many alternate paths. You have no indication of what paths you took in the past nor do you have a way to quickly skip through slow conversations you'be already seen on subsequent playthrough. This can make the slower nature of the text and time skips that formerly worked very well to build tension or a feeling of realism now just take up a lot of time needlessly until you reach that new content. Remembering old paths and finding different routes could be made even more difficult by not even knowing what your message or sometimes possible emoji responses can lead to, with some not even looking like they might alter her path or knowing how she will react to it.

Game: Layers of Fear

Play Time: 2.6 hrs

I'll be honest - I'm not a big fan of horror games. The vast majority of them not only fail in making me feel unsettled but look so painfully similar in their gameplay that they end up putting me off. Taking that into account, it's a surprise that I decided to even try Layers of Fear, let alone finish it. I do have to give the game credit for not devolving into a jumpscare fest at any point. That said, it did get repetitive and tedious. All you do is walk around, grabbing the occasional item and solving the occasional puzzle in order to progress in the story. The worst of it, though, is how badly this game is optimized - I had my framerate drop below 60fps and even 30fps on way too many occasions, even on the lowest graphical settings, which utterly broke the immersion. At the very least, the visual effects are cool.

Rating: 2 / 5

Game: Super Skelemania

Play Time: 1.8 hrs

A pretty cool, if disappointingly short Metroidvania. Visual style was pleasing to look at, sound design was spot-on, music was great. The final boss was a highlight. 'Nuff said.

Rating: 4 / 5

Completed: Super Robot Wars T

Out of the two main characters I played as a guy obsessed with being a salary-man and climbing the corporate ladder, but in the most endearing employee supporting way possible, which usually ends up being really amusing when the plot has you fighting more unscrupulous corporations. A story focused more on pirates, outlaws, corporate characters, and characters seeking revenge with many of the characters working together well like Gun Sword, Cowboy Bebop, Judau from ZZ Gundam, and G Gundam due to their characters starting place in their own stories. Cowboy Bebop was a surprisingly well used addition, doing little to effect the stages or enemies but giving the crew of the Bebop something to do and making Spike a very good unit to use, even having two combination attacks with the rest of the crew and three of his own (why they go so far to give Spike so many attacks and animations when some of the frequently used Gundam Wing characters have been stuck at two for over 20 years). Mazinger Z Infinity pushes the Mazinger story forward so it's nice to see some changes there. Magic Knight Rayearth was a surprising and good addition that makes good use of the characters and enemies. Expelled from Paradise gives you a good unit but a character that doesn't fit into the plot as well as Cowboy Bebop, and not much in the way of important enemies or enemy units. Finally, and thankfully, removed the Cross Ange series after the last two games and Expelled from Paradise gives a character with a similar name and appearance to the main Cross Ange character, though it was nice to see it not lead to boring enemies or a large part of the story like that series did.

Asset reuse and no effort to fix the easy difficulty is still the main problem with the recent entries in the series.

50) It is Highnoon

An old west arcade esque shooter game where in each stages you're given a wanted poster of characters for you to shoot. If you shoot the right person, you get score. Wrong person, you lose a life. It's pretty fun & reminds me of this old childhood game I played called Lethal Enforcers 2

Which now that I think about it, makes no sense. Why is the first Lethal Enforcers in modern time while the second is in the old west?? Why not just make it a completely different name like "Highnoon Rising" or something like that?

51) Kaiju Rush

Interesting game where you play, hmmm, you know those games where it's like bowling because you set up the power & direction of a ball before you launch it, and then the goal of the game is to get the most distance as you can? That's this game. Only you control how far a Kaiju can go forward & can make them bounce on the ground to destroy buildings & get to bounce pads to get more distance. It's quite fun

52) Fight'N Rage

A throwback to classic beat em ups, most specifically Streets of Rage & it even has a MR X lookalike final boss with a machine gun & throne room! Difference is in this game the plot is, surprisingly brutal. Basically a bunch of animal mutants take over the world & it's all Fist of the Northstar ish where you play as one of 3 characters to beat the shit out of everyone you can. And all of the characters in this game have moves straight out of Street Fighter. There's moves from Dudley, Adon, Ryu, Chun Li, Vega, Zangief, the list goes on. It's fun just guessing which character moves this game will have.

The hitting for this game is just, muah, really butter smooth. Punching enemies feels really damn good & pulling off dozens of combos is immensely satisfying. You can even do a parry like in Street Fighter 3 to block attacks. Even more satisfying is the fact that you can do special moves with each character by pressing down up attack which varies upon characters. The best part about this game is the unlockables you can get. Sooo many unlockables, and a lot of ending variations depending on if you play with individual characters, mix of 2 or all 3, and paths you take so it's pretty much like that Streets of Rage remake game years ago. I wanna play this game again for sure & put on my custom Streets of Rage remake soundtrack!

53) Black the Fall

Not to be confused with the robot game the Fall.

This game is a platformer that plays a lot like Inside in that you're one out of hundreds of poor mind subjugated citizens in some country & you have to escape, but it takes place in a futuristic setting where Russia takes over the world & they have mechs + mind control devices. And along the way you can befriend a really damn durable mini robot dog to help you in your puzzle solving & platforming sections. You will definitely die a lot trying to figure out how to proceed in each levels because this game has a lot of instant death traps, which comes with the territory. 

Such a wasted opportunity with the ending though. Basically, you take control of a giant mech which looks like this.

Image result for black the fall robot

Sounds cool right? Only you don't fire its weapons. All you do with the thing is ram a damn wall, and then end credits. OH COME ON, why can't I use the weaponry & plough through other mechs + enemies as revenge for how many deaths I have to endure before?? Even Inside kind of make me go on a rampage at the end!

54) One Finger Death Punch 2

AT LAST. THE LEGENDARY GAME HAS RETURNED IN FULL FORCE!!

Better, bigger, more skills to use, more mission varieties, and best of all, still played using the simple and perfect click left or right when the enemy gets close gameplay of the first game.

11 hours of me playing every single stage & completing everything with 5 stars, 11 hours of fun as hell time. And surprisingly, it ends on what I can say is one of the best ways of saying "thank you for playing" in a game. Well done dev, you have made me happy with the first game, and now you made me happy again! :D

Completed: Watch_Dogs 2

Was free with my preorder of The Division 2.

Well made San Francisco, giving you a nice area to explore filled with landmarks and game systems that allow you to have fun with and play with the world in ways you can't do in other open world games. Hacking allows you to ride on top of suspension lifts and forklifts, use abilities to bypass certain obstacles, or to create chaos. Allows you to play non-lethally sometimes being able to complete entire missions with your drone and remote control car without ever entering the main area, though it can be difficult to do if you aren't upgrading in certain ways or buy the drone first. Likable cast of characters.

Story is mostly more humorous or at least more lighthearted then the previous game, at its worst when it gets darker or ignores the social and character issues it briefly touches (gentrification, code switching, racial profiling, tech and corporate culture, etc) on it is much worse and more like the previous game. With one series of missions being the worst both character and theme wise and by now raising the question of why your characters don't just kill everyone in there way if they are willing to track down and kill people for revenge at one point. Terrible hacking mini-game to get into certain system that just wastes time.

Completed: Assassins Creed Unity

Adds nothing of value to the series and in many areas is less interesting than the previous games. The main character Arno is Ezio with almost no growth. Strangest and most hurried joining of the Assassins in the series, poor overall plot, including the brief modern plot-line of you being contacted by new characters asking you to help search Arno's memories. The French Revolution is little more than a backdrop, I didn't like the ridiculous way you were a major participant in major battles in Assassins Creed 3 or that you do Paul Revere's ride for him but putting you a bit closer to the people and events here would have been nice. Elise is the only decent character, and when you are around her is the only time Arno is likable or entertaining. You are somehow in an area with an entire Assassin chapter that, apart from the regular members, has five master Assassins when you join and somehow everyone else is useless and is apparently doing nothing apart from you as the new recruit. Completely unbalanced due to ease of getting the best equipment, which makes item rewards useless. Instead of learning new skills and abilities you have to unlock them with skill points, with high cost skills being for co-op missions. Your equipment is generic with no interesting additions like the rope darts of some of the past games or fun side activities like owning a ship. Horrible secondary objectives, frequently requiring you to do stealth kills in cover which is overly difficult to set up. Past games usually had you doing side objectives that would have made sense, here many of them require you to go out of your way to get them, such as needing you to disable so many alarm bells that you have to enter areas you wouldn't even have needed to go into. Slow and lumbering run of main character frequently makes movement both strange to watch and ridiculous when you are caught by opponents with much more armor and heavy weapons, slow awkward buggy combat. Co-Op is laggy and uninteresting. While many of the major problems have been fixed there is still frequent movement glitches, and more issues with the environment and cutscenes than any other title in the series that I've played. Having a conversation with your targets as you kill them has somehow been replaced by a magic power that allows you to see the past events of anything that happens to be relevant to Arno, this is also something Arno talks about to the other Assassins in ways that would imply that they can all always do this.

I can see why no one ever talked about this game even after a lot of the bugs were patched.

Completed: One Finger Death Punch 2

Like the first game with more options, content, and animations. Still a very fun game to play in short bursts and one that allows you to control the speed and different options for better accessibility for visuals and gameplay.

Completed: Wargroove

Advance Wars style strategy game with the main difference being that leaders are on the battlefield, they can fight as fairly powerful units but each has a power to charge that can heal, summon units, move units, perform attacks, etc but leaders don't give passive bonuses to certain types of units. Nice art style, good mission variety as well as puzzle maps. Good map editor that allows for different types of maps and story scenes.

Would be nice if leaders had more of an effect on the units they controlled as things can feel pretty similar with more localized powers and different armies just using the same units with different visuals. Battles can drag on with you knowing who is going to win long before the end. Most of the campaign maps are good and varied but some can be cheap with the use of spawning enemy units on the edges of maps instead of coming out of bases, certain units appearing at a certain spot could have ended long battles before a save feature was added.

Completed: Assassin's Creed Origins

Origin takes place around 50BC and is primarily set in Egypt. It is easily the best setting change in series since Ezio's games, and a unique well made location just in general. Detailed beautiful environment that can be explored outside of the game with a historical focus. Excellent weather effects, and day/night changes that alter how NPCs behave. Your eagle animal companion, Senu, serves as stand in for the usual dull vision mode is a very nice change as it allows you to focus on the world more and to use the view as the eagle to mark enemies, find alternate paths, or just to get a different view of the environments.

Easily the best series protagonist, a character focused on revenge as a motivation but not in a dull constantly raging or drunk way that tends to go there are a lot of moments to humanize the main character throughout the game. You are older than most game protagonists and your role in Egyptian society has you running into a lot of friends, your wife (also a playable character), and past acquaintances in your travels that lets you learn more about him. When he's not dealing with his enemies, Bayek is friendly, sarcastic, good with children while seeing his own dead son in them, and actively attempting to help the people he cares about and learn about the problems effecting his people. Side quests are the best they have been in the series, showing more about the main characters past, continuing to aid allies after their role in the main story is done, showing more about the people and culture, and offering much more variety gameplay and world building wise than the past games obsession with killing random targets or tailing people for information. The first good modern plot in some time, both character and information wise but also easier to ignore it and to just quickly get back to the main plot if its what you want.

Animus hack feature allows you to edit many different games settings, animations, how enemies and NPCs behave, it and the lab for Total War Warhammer 2 are two of the best setting/cheat/mechanic altering features added to games that I've seen in recent years.

The only real negative I had with the game is the amount of experience you need to not only gain all of your abilities but to at least gain all of your tools or options to engage with enemies. It would be nice if you at least gained all of your tools through normal gameplay.

55) MK11

Urrrrghhhhh. I still haven't gotten Sonya's MK1 costume. One day, ONE DAY I WILL GET IT!

56) Burning Daylight

A short free game that's apparently made by 12 students in VIA University College, which is based in Denmark. It's like INSIDE or Black the Fall in that it's about a guy that escapes from a dystopian setting, only in this game it's less about fighting governments but more about getting out of a world controlled by an AI of sorts. It's quite cool, except that this game has a lot of male dicks uncensored everywhere, and a couple of scenes where people XXX each other. I don't think this is a part of their university assignment. :D 

57) Days Gone

This game is another example of not believing reviewers, especially IGN & Gamespot who gave this game 6.5 & 5 which is just WAAAY too low. 

When I first saw this game in 2016's E3,

I didn't think it's anything mindblowing. I like that this game is made by the creators of Syphon Filter and..... Bubsy 3D............. ahem.............

Those hundreds of zombie swarms are cool but I don't think this game is gonna be a GOTY or something like that, so I had my expectation on a reasonable "this could be a fun game, so I'll just see what it is." 

Then I played this game, completing almost every quests the game had & getting all the PS4 trophies. This game, is pretty damn awesome! With performance issues of course which is well covered on youtube, but the issues has been reduced with patches that gets regularly released.

You play as biker named Deacon St. John played by Starkiller himself Sam Witwer that had lived through a zombie, ahem I mean "Freakers" apocalypse that's been going on for 2 years. This is one poor bastard. I mean he sent his injured wife on a helicopter to escape the zombies, but the helicopter landed on a place that's having a zombie outbreak. So for 2 years this poor guy had been mourning her ever since while he help other survivors & his biker best friend Boozer. As the game progresses, you get to meet the people he knew, found out his really sweet relationship with his wife in the past, his bro moments with Boozer & him helping other survivors with their various issues, which in turn make him a better man. These are all made better with how damn good the acting are across the board for everyone. There's also a couple of good twists & turns which I can't say anything about because it's awesome, but I will say this: just when you think you have seen all the open world, MORE opens up.

The game itself is pretty much what happens if you have Last of Us follow the open world gameplay of Ubisoft's open world game, that being filled with object collection, outpost takeover, hostage rescue & sneaking minigames, but with Dead Rising thrown in a bit with sidequests involving eliminating zombie hordes in different parts of the map, which are freaking scary as hell the first time you encounter these guys.

You have outposts that belongs to NPCs each with their own weapon & motorcycle upgrades, and the more you do their quests, the higher their trust levels are & the more badass equipment you can buy for yourself which definitely will definitely help you with zombie horde huntings, especially once you unlock the LMGs & ammo upgrades.

This is actually my favorite thing about this game: progression. There are National Emergency Response Organization (NERO) checkpoints + research stations you can go to which will give you intel on the zombies & an injector which you can use to level up either your health, stamina or your focus/gun slow mo ability meters, which makes collecting them anyway you can really rewarding. You can level yourself up till level 45 & each time you level up, you can invest points to Deacon's 3 skill trees: melee, guns & survivalist skills.

Image result for days gone skill tree

These skills are really damn good & by the later parts of the games, you will transform your character into a maxed out Frank West with all the extremely useful skills at your disposal. I suggest getting the melee skill "repair weapons", the gun skill that lets you improve your gun aim + focus mode to slow time for better aim, and "get more meat + get more herb" survival skills, because these are early unlocks & will help you tons in the game.

I was confused at first with Deacon because in this game, everytime you're alone or listen to radio chatters, Deacon will always say something witty about it, and sometimes the way he talks is like a person with PTSD because he sounds so angry & like he wants to kill people. And as it turns out through character interactions, before he became a biker, he was actually a US soldier in Afghanistan. That's pretty cool & explains why he sounds like he's in a warzone, because he probably had PTSD from all the shit he went through back then. Which makes him even more of a poor bastard to deal with all of this stuff.

Oh yes, and you also learn the background of the zombies and how they're created which is awesome, because it looks like the one which causes it all is Syphon Filter. Yes, Syphon Filter. Which means this game is actually a Syphon Filter sequel/ elseworld story in disguise....... WHAT A TWIST! 

OK2, that's actually an Easter Egg & it probably isn't the cause of the zombie outbreak, but it's still possible! I can't wait for the sequel to find out more!

58) Sunset Overdrive

What a weird feeling to play a game that was supposed to be one of Xbox One's exclusives on PC, and it basically is what happens if Jet Set Radio & Rachet and Clank had a baby and decided to make that baby be as fourth wall breaking & punk rock as possible. AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL! So good in fact that the maneuvering of this game is put into the PS4 Spiderman last year. This is basically a game where you can go fucking bananas & have fun fighting against zombies ahem I mean people who drank too many poisonous soft drink and becomes a monster afterwards. 

The only thing I don't like about this game is simply the annoying 80% of the soundtrack which are just these generic punk rock songs that plays over and over again. 20% of the songs are actually good and are story specific songs, but there's not enough of them! Luckily I solve this by muting the music & playing kickass songs from my own custom soundtrack so it's all good! Now that Imsomniac is done with Spiderman, I wonder if they will make a Sunset Overdrive 2, or they'll just make the next Marvel Game Universe continuation from Spiderman. Either way, I'm down for whatever they're making next!

Completed: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Good setting and entertaining writing and characters. Good ability synergy for stealth allows many abilities to help kill enemies quietly, a stun or knockout attack can give you more time to attack solo or multiple enemies while remaining in stealth, and being able to use multi shot attacks with silenced weapons. Combat is similar to the newer XCOM games and is enjoyable. Nice to have a shorter and more linear character focused tactical game.

Overlap between character abilities and abilities that can require you to go into menus to switch between them for the right scenario or when some are in cooldown instead of being able to equip them all together or have quick switch options. Switching out characters for your active party of three out of five possible characters will also likely need to to keep changing out weapons and armors each time. Only lead character talks or comments on the area, investigation options, and found artifacts most of the time so unless you keep saving and reloading to see what other characters can say you miss out on a lot of the personality of the characters. Upgrading weapons isn't very interesting as all upgrades do is add one to the damage and the way the game is set up makes it a much better option to upgrade your silenced weapons all the way throughout most of the game, not doing that will waste very limited materials for the better weapons.

59) Guilty Gear XRD -REVELATOR- 

Finally, I returned to Guilty Gear after playing SIGN in 2015. This is the sequel, or more accurately an expansion pack to that game. It continues the story of that game & finally answers the big mystery of who That Man is, accompanied by many more beautifully animated cell shaded cutscenes in the story mode, which is pretty much a 4 hour anime film. And that's AWESOME!

I bought this game specifically because I went to the big fighting game tournament in Melbourne last week called BAM11. I went there last year for Dragon Ball, and returned again this year with much better result which I'm happy with, but that's a story for another time. I saw one of my mates playing Guilty Gear Revelator, and I bought the game after the event. Now last time I played SIGN, I thought I knew everything about that game because I played the tutorial and go from there, but NO. I saw crazy shits happening with my friend that I have no idea WTF is going on. Actually the entire game mechanics of the game are not in tutorial mode, but actually in a menu called "mission mode" which contains ALL the real game mechanics you need to know to play the game. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT??? But after I learn the mechanics, the game becomes simpler & make more sense.

60) Nidhogg

It's that really fast paced fencing game where the goal is to reach either the far left or the far right of the map in a particular stage while trying to get past the other player through either killing them or getting right past them. Still simple & very fun to play, except when you have to play a single match for more than 10 minutes because the other guy just keep getting back and forth with you. Which is what happened to me!

During the BAM11 tournament, there's also a side PC gaming tournament to take part in, and the particular game they had was Nidhogg. So I entered it & played matches until I battle in the grand final. I can beat the first 3 opponents fine in 40 seconds because I slip past them, but the man in grand final? HEELLLLL NO. We had to do 5 matches that takes 7 freaking minutes each, stabbing each other & going back and forth over and over and over and over again until I finally get through the defense of that guy & won the tournament. THANK. GOD. Not even Dragonball Figher Z took that damn long!

61) RAGE 2

Why is this game rated so low on Steam? This game's pretty good!

Remember the first RAGE game which has you going place to place in a post apocalypse shooting dudes, meeting NPCS for a moment and then move on to the next place and meeting even more NPCS until you beat the game and the game ends in such a bullshit cliffhanger? Thank God this sequel isn't like that. In fact this game is pretty much RAGE if the vehicle and open world travel section is like Mad Max the game from 2015, the shooting is as fast paced as DOOM minus the finisher & you actually have stuff like ground slam attacks, super dash, double jump and weapon upgrades. Oh, and the NPCs you meet are not just a meet them once and never see them for the rest of the game again like the first game. Quite simply, it's a GIGANTIC improvement over the first game.

The trailer is kind of misleading though. 

You'd think that from the trailer this game is all jokes with no seriousness similar to Sunset Overdrive or Borderlands, but it's actually 1/3 jokes and 2/3 serious since the plot is all about taking down the villain from the first game after he brought destruction to your home, and other NPCs joining in to help you take him down which is, quite bizarre. 

The one thing in this game I don't like: extracting blue crystals from walls & meteors.

Image result for rage 2 feltrite

These things are called feltrites and they are the key to upgrading your weapons & special abilities. To extract them, you have to aim at them and press the focus button, which is CTRL on the keyboard and L1 on PS4. This doesn't seem so bad if it's on building walls, but on meteorites? You have to aim at EACH crystals and extract them one by one, and each of these meteorites have 20 of them. WHY? Why can't you just hold down the focus button once & have them all be extracted in an instant? Why does it have to be manual labor??? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

62) A Normal Lost Phone

It's another one of those games where you find a handphone & find out what happens to the owner of the phone. This one though deals with someone who is quite normal, at least normal in comparison to other games like Sara is Missing or Simulacra where weird shit happens. I like it, though it's kind of obvious that the game is being cheeky with the point they want to get across.

Like at the very end of the game once you uncovered everything about the game, all of a sudden you see an email sent by the owner of the phone to their friend & the friend is all like "don't worry that you lost your phone, because I'm sure the one who saw your phone will go to options and erase the data on your phone". It's the most obvious thing ever for a game to say "thank you for playing. Press erase NOW". Which makes me wonder: what if the person who saw the phone to begin with is their mom/dad/family member/friends? That'll be so damn awkward & they'll be so in deep deep shit!

Completed: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2

Continues a month after the end of the previous game. Starts you at level 40 with combat links already leveled up around the max level of the previous game, you will still have your combat abilities and will improve them or gain more so it's not a sequel that starts you off barely able to do anything again. A likable and large character cast has you choose six-seven members that leads to different dialogue or character interactions throughout the game, unlike the first where you typically were given set characters in each chapter. Main and supporting characters that you continue to learn more about and interact with from the first game and starting to have more of a focus on the wider world and characters from previous Legend of Heroes games. The battle system is still enjoyable with them making magic abilities much more useful this time around, giving better character balance and more options. Never requires grinding, and even without it, I think I hit the highest ending level I ever have in a JRPG with my character being around 140. Still has a very good soundtrack, though a lot is taken from the first game. Still love Fie, Sara, and the fast forward button that can be used to speed up battles and to move around the world much faster.

Still a terrible battle initiation system and overly hidden side activities and items. With this game being set around a civil war the extremely small towns give little to the imagination causing the war to feel insignificant, even more so when an event with the greatest damage to a town and meaning to characters killed a total of one person and somehow missed anything building of value in the town of about 12 buildings. They have taken Gaius being the more confident straight man of the group to a really boring extreme, to the point where his last three bonding events are basically just repeats of him voicing his dedication to protecting both his homelands and telling you how much he respects you and have taken the overly nonlethal methods of JRPG characters to the extreme as somehow you avoid killing people even as you cut through mechanized vehicles and plans with a giant robot and at one point repeatedly smash through soldiers armor while bashing them with your weapon while under the effects of your out of control super saiyany rage mode while still managing not to kill anyone.

Steam is currently doing a Spring Cleaning event where I can get rewards for playing old games I owned, so I played some really old ass stuff I haven't played in a while. 

63) Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory

This looks like a harmless platformer starring a sugar cube. Basically each time you move, you will flip a tile. Some tiles have double items like a platform or a spike so you gotta be strategic in moving forward in a couple of these stages. It makes you think "ooh, what a cute little game about a sugar cube rescuing other sugar cubes! What a happy game."

And then the ending happened and your main character died because he melts after taking a stroll on a rainy day. Because he's a sugar cube and sugar melts with water.......... WHAT THE FUCK???? THIS GAME IS EVIL I TELLS YA, EVIL!!!

That is unless you gain all the secret collectibles in levels which there are secret collectibles. Then it ends happily. PHEW, don't scare me like that game!

64) Himno

I guess this is a rougelike endless platformer where your goal is to just collect as many gold as possible and get as high as you can. Weird thing is your character has a giant sword on his back, but there's no enemies to fight. What's the point?? But then again this game's supposed to just be a relaxing stroll up a bunch of platforms so it's pretty relaxing. Hm... maybe this game is a prologue to an actual game starring this character? We shall wait and see.

65) Observation

The intro of this game looks really promising with the unsettling song choice

Basically you're on a space ship where you're playing as an AI named SAM while you assist a woman named Emma Fisher. Both of you are trying to figure out what happened on your space station, and then 2001 a Space Odyssey shit happens, aka MIND FUCK.

This game is pretty much 2001 A Space Odyssey, except even more confusing. The first half of the game is pretty straightforward in that you navigate through the space ship solving puzzles to uncover what actually happens in the story, then the second half happens and well, logic is out of the damn space. Prepare to get really confused & don't question any of it. Just enjoy the madness unfolding while looking at how pretty space is!

66) Yakuza Kiwami 2

So this game was recently released on PC, and I just had to play this game again. This time with 60 FPS and in English! And I still have just as much fun as this game as before on PS4 where I can't understand 90% of what happened because it's a Chinese version I bought from the Singapore PSN. This time I actually understand the dialogue choices so I don't have to brute force my way through, and looking back on the PS4 version I played, I actually picked the absolute funniest and worst choices with that version. Like there's a sidequest involving a mock job interview, and I realized that in the Chinese version, I basically mock everyone of my colleague for how nerdy they are and how they can't work properly, IN FRONT OF THE INTERVIEWER. Oh God, what have I done!

I played the everliving crap out of this game all over again, and this time I FINALLY unlocked the battles with the Amon clan & beat them.

969ACD69CBBBA064167932EA4251894C63EB497F

My reward: the essence of Skullfuck which is essentially Kiryu's ultimate heat move you get in Yakuza 0 from unlocking his original game fighting style. The one where you slam your fists to a guy's a head & drag his head to your knee. It's so damn worth it!

67) RIVE

A very2 self aware space shooter game. You're a guy controlling a spider mech & you're stuck in a space station. And then you have to find a way to get the hell out of there while talking to the ship AI that puts you through gauntlets of enemies to fight. And it's a damn good game. Shooting is nice, a lot of variations in traversal where one moment you're just playing a regular side scroller, and then the next you're playing some space shooter R Type stuff. And of course, a lot of cheeky references to games both old and new. They even mock microtransactions at one point!

This game has a surprisingly sad ending, which then turns to be a good ending. Oh come on, first Sugar Cube and now this?? I think Steam purposefully picked these 2 games for Spring Cleaning for a reason!

68) Assassin's Creed: Unity

Got this for free after that Notre Dame cathedral fire tragedy giveaway. It's so cool that this game's recreation of the cathedral is used to reconstruct the damaged part of the building, even though the game is about assassinating people left and right & parts of the game have you kill a bunch of people INSIDE THE CATHEDRAL. But to be fair, the people in the game desecrate the building with their killings, so it's pretty much God's retribution. Even Jesus was angry and destroy stuff when a temple was used as a marketplace.

As for the game itself, MY GOD. What a damn mess. It's certainly ambitious I give the game that. France is so damn big, that it's the single biggest map in the history of the series, and it has so many things to do. That is until the future Origins & Odyssey game takes the crown. Love the parts where you actually go to a time jump to see Paris in different time periods, like World War 2, the medieval time and the part with the statue of Liberty being still under construction. Those are freaking awesome. Too bad that the game is filled with SO MANY FREAKING GLITCHES.

I see an execution with a guillotine, and then I see the guy getting beheaded running away HEADLESS. I see a cutscene with Napoleon becoming really awkward because instead of me and him talking alone like the game intended, citizens left and right all of a sudden just barge in and talk regular npc dialogues while me and Napoleon are talking. And I see so many times where I assassinate a guy, only to have the guy doing ragdoll break dancing because his weapons merge with him on the floor. And these

And these are just some things that happen out of 20+ glitches I saw. Just..... wowwwwwww. I was laughing so much seeing these things.

Also the game's combat itself is...... I don't understand why they made it like this. It certainly makes the game more challenging since now you're forced to do one on one battles & the fights are like proper swordfights, but it just makes combat less fun & very cumbersome, especially when the speed of your attacks are slower than the previous assassins in the series. And you're supposed to be one of the assassin in the series that actually use stealth to kill targets & be really quick on his feet, so why is the attack speed in this game so freaking slow?? It's a good thing that Assassin's Creed Syndicate immediately go back to making you able to kill a lot of dudes at once & up the combat speed. 

Lastly, it's such a missed opportunity to have Elise, one of the best girl in Assassin's Creed who actually is more badass than the main character, relegated to being just an npc. She should be a dual playable main character of this game! I like Arno & her being together because they're perfect for each other. I think that's why Syndicate had 2 main characters, as a way for Ubisoft to say "here's what Unity should have been like in the first place." 

Still, as messy and glitchy as this game is, it's actually quite a nice look back at Assassin's Creed before Origins change the entire series. At least this game is actually made with a goal in mind & that goal is accomplished, with glitches of course. Certainly much better than what EA & Konami did with their Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda & that zombie game which is a fucking travesty. I'm curious to see what the next Assassin's Creed will be like & when it will FINALLY merge with Watch Dogs to finish Juno's storyline once and for all.

69) Skylanders: Ring of Heroes

Fun fact: I played this game as a part of my work helping Comcast market it in Australia back in December. And surprisingly, it's a fun ass game. WAYYY better than the console games because this game actually has challenge & not just a game to make kids buy toys to get characters!

If you have played one of those turn based iPhone games where you open loot boxes to get character shards to get tiered characters, then you're familiar with this game. The difference is unlike most of those games which are bullshit and forces you to pay real money, this game actually did it right & make it fair so that you can get the best characters as long as you keep playing & opening lootboxes. Like Sdorica, another excellent iPhone game which I played & finished. 

The plot of this game is, well, a pretty normal fantasy adventure where you play as a normal kid who got sucked into another dimension, and in this other dimension you can control various creatures named "Skylanders" and fight an evil bald guy named Kaos with his minions. You beat him & in the end you return to your family. The end!

And that's pretty much the plot of a lot of the console Skylanders game. At least this one is better than all of them, even though the Spyro used in this game is pretty much the messed up Spyro and not the beloved one from the original & the reignited trilogy. XD