• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2019)

55 posts in this topic

Completed: Katana Zero
Platform: PC

2D action game where you can slow down time, deflect bullets, and roll to dodge through attacks and traps while trying to kill all enemies in each area with your sword or thrown weapons. Dialogue choices and occasional actions in a level can change how plot details play out. Gamepaly can change up a bit with stealth or a motorcycle chase. Excellent soundtrack and artstyle for characters, world, and backgrounds. Endgame sword unlocks can change attacks for replays. Too simple in most sections until you start getting near the end of the game, it's fun but most sections just wouldn't be that interesting to replay and are too simple to take much effort even the first time. Not that long of a game and ends on a cliffhanger likely for a sequel or DLC.

70) Rochard

Steam Spring Cleaning does it again.

This game is what happens if Shadow Complex removes its Metroidvania elements, replace the gun with a Half Life gravity gun which can fire bullets and grenades, have it be funnier & you have access to change gravity at will. It's a pretty sweet combination. You basically play as a miner named John Rochard who got screwed by his boss, so now you're kicking his ass. There's a lot of levels to explore each with their own little unique puzzles on how you can use gravity to platform your way across, and each levels also have hidden collectibles for you to hunt. I managed to collect 90% of them with the ones I missed being in the early levels. 

Unfortunately, the game ends on a cliffhanger, and there's no sequel since 2011. URRGHHH, I WANT TO SEE HOW THE STORY CONTINUES DAMN IT!

Completed: The Daedalus Encounter

FMV puzzle game where they had a somewhat interesting idea for your character and hired two people that could act well enough but did nothing else remotely well.

71) Dead Space 2

Since RE2 Remake was damn good, I'm in the mood for RE4 - 6 esque shooter esque games of the past. One of them being Dead Space, 2 specifically because that's my personal favorite. Now that I replayed 2, it has aged really damn well & still really damn fun to play. It doesn't scare me one bit since there's too many obnoxious jump scares, all except that fucking eye needle section that I still am scared to play even now. Shudder. Still, all that matters is that it's still so much fun killing necromorphs by dismembering their limbs by any means necessary, and the natural futuristic HUD in this game is still very refreshing to see, though I do wish that you can skip cutscenes so that I can get through the talking parts that I already listened to before.

72) The Surge

This is that game from the maker of Lords of the Fallen, that game which has a smooth fast paced combat with Dark Souls mechanics. This one still has Dark Souls mechanics, but the combat emphasizes more on aiming enemy limbs so you can perform fatalities on them and get separate gears & materials for each limbs. And it takes place in a futuristic setting where there's a lot of robots & people that went haywire and tries to kill everyone in their sight.

I actually played this game last year, then I got really bored with it because the grinding in this game is so damn obnoxious that I had to kill 30+ enemies just to upgrade my gears, and no matter how much I upgrade, it seems that my character dies so quickly that I question if there's any need to upgrade at all. When I got back to playing this game, turns out there's actually implants that significantly upgrades your max HP, but I found it WAY LATE in the game which suddenly turns the game from way too hard and grindy to actually being a normal Souls esque game...... WHY CAN'T I ACQUIRE THE HEALTH UPGRADE MUCH EARLIER???

This game actually achieves one of the rarest things in gaming nowadays: it has a final level that destroys any good thing it had before. The game starts fun, then it becomes boring, then it becomes fun again towards the end, then the end section has to add a fuckload of mazes for you to navigate through which sucks the fun out of it. The entire games' level design have mazes in the form of maintenance tunnels that sometimes can lead you to a shortcut to your savepoint. It's all well and good, but the final level in this game went WAAAYYY too far with putting so many hard to kill enemies & making navigation a pain in the fucking ass because there's so many freaking maintenance tunnels that looks the same, so much so that I actually went in circles 5 times just trying to figure out a way out to my save point. By the time I beat the final boss, I immediately uninstall the game & don't want to play it anymore. THANK GOD that's over with! Oh please don't let Surge 2 have any more of those annoying mazes to deal with!

73) My Friend Pedro ( flash)

To prepare myself for the upcoming insanity of a game that is My Friend Pedro,

I decided to go back to a previous version of this game, which is a flash game that can be played here.

https://www.crazygames.com/game/my-friend-pedro

It's definitely way simpler than the upcoming game, but it's still fun. You can slow mo & shoot guys with style, though there's no score to rack up & you can't do the stylish stuff that the upcoming game has. The final boss though is quite crazy, that I can't wait to see if the Steam version will have a similar level. Only 1 week to go!

Completed: Total War Three Kingdoms

Beautiful map and the best one I've seen in a Total War game. Massively improved diplomacy, economy, spying options, and supply system that all works perfectly for a Three Kingdoms game. Characters with their own personalities, likes and dislikes, and background uses (though things will start to overlap as you see many characters with similar backgrounds or passive skills from their class tree). Starting factions, resource locations, and gameplay elements unique to each lord can drastically change how you want to build your force/economy. Has more realistic records mode or powered up character romance mode that makes generals similar to heroes in Warhammer. Seasonal changes effect economy, food, and battles.

Not a wide variety of units to use with many going to be locked behind reforms that you won't reach or behind starting lord choices. The one artillery piece seems extremely powerful, even ignoring its uses for siege and settlement battles, I tended to finish fights with each one getting between 3-6 hundred kills, wiping out around 3-5 units alone before even getting into all the unit routing they cause. I never really lost a fight even when outnumbered by quite a bit once I threw two of them into every army I had (I suppose I could have used six), and would assume they would be even more powerful in records mode. Maybe more balanced on a higher difficulty. The actual battles are fun but aren't near as interesting as the Warhammer games, but that is going to be helped quite a bit by being on the second game and with all the added and freely updated content that Warhammer has gotten over the years. You can't really watch the character duels that well in romance mode since you need to command the actual battle going on while characters fight and the game really likes to make your characters lose duels for no reason when you choose auto resolve. Some of the pre and in battle dialogue is terrible and not at all matching with certain characters. Odd to see certain characters not being legendary (though some that should be still start with better equipment or a unique description), maybe more of a balance reason with more likely being added later.