• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Spiderking07

Warhammer and 40k tabletop players here?

46 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just wondering if there were any players of the warhammer tabletop game on the AJSA. Fanatsy, LOTR or 40k, I wouldn't mind reading what kind of armies you have and some epic war stories.

Always wanted to, but after adjusting for currency exchange and taxes, it's flippin expensive here. You actually have to have a 5 figure income to buy these stuff

Myself since 1998... :)

Warhammer and 40k.

Big bag Tyranids (i even have the first hive tyrant model) and badass Dwarfs...

Edit: yeah, I had my armies mostly when GW didnt overprice its products.

ViralBunny likes this

I was playing a lot of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k back in the day.

In Warhammer I had a large Warriors of Chaos setup towards Khorne and in Warhammer 40k I was playing them Eldars.
I also had a lot of random characters and armies that I did not play with but I liked to collect them awesome looking figures.
A lot of my income went in to this hobby.

Right now everything is boxed down in storage somewhere in a corner and I have probably forgotten everything about how to play the game. ^^

The price can be ridiculous but i've found the odd independant sellers who usually knock about 10% or GW's normal priceses. Any active players now?

If it ain't an Elf, I've played it, brother.

At the moment, my main forces are the Guard in 40K and Dwarves in Fantasy (The first army I ever brought)

Been doing both since the early 90's.

I have an "old school" undead army. I say "old school" because it's lead by Nagash who has since been pushed to the side and killed off in Warhammer lore. They also split the undead forces up into Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts but I can't let Nagash go. Still my favourite character.

As for 40k, I have a massive Tyranid army and medium sized Chaos one. 

Wanted to play Fantasy but the people where I lived at the time all played 40K and I didn't have any interest in that

Would love to get into painting the models and building an army, but currently don't have the funds to do either. If I did, however, it'd definitely be the Space Wolves, no doubt about it.

I don't remember the point values but I fielded my entire imperial guard army against my friend's entire force of grey knights. my 150ish model army versus his 30ish model army. We were still experimenting and learning the game, so we kept it simple. My guardsmen were holding a fixed position, and he had to take it. 

I form a single long firing line with the goal of generating as many dice rolls as I possibly can. Heavy bolter weapons teams, pintle storm bolters, flamers, grenade launchers. Everything that would give me a hit so that I could fight the odds with my wound rolls. He moves forward slowly over open terrain, his dreadnoughts soaking up hits to get his terminators and other forces into place.

They fell, I started to pick his Astartes apart bit by bit. The imperial guard axiom held true, "Brute force, if it didn't work, you didn't use enough." Attrition was my bitch.

Then he rolled for a deep strike. "The fuck are you deep striking?" I look around the table in confusion, only to realize his commander is not on the field. With a sudden horror, I find said commander perfectly teleported at the left end of my firing line with an incinerator strapped to his wrist. 25% of my men melt from a single attack. The next turn, another 25% to his mind bullets and sword. My army is scattered, routed. I'm flanked and destroyed.

It was a shameful display. 

Legolas_Katarn and Dyzzles like this

I don't remember the point values but I fielded my entire imperial guard army against my friend's entire force of grey knights. my 150ish model army versus his 30ish model army. We were still experimenting and learning the game, so we kept it simple. My guardsmen were holding a fixed position, and he had to take it.

I form a single long firing line with the goal of generating as many dice rolls as I possibly can. Heavy bolter weapons teams, pintle storm bolters, flamers, grenade launchers. Everything that would give me a hit so that I could fight the odds with my wound rolls. He moves forward slowly over open terrain, his dreadnoughts soaking up hits to get his terminators and other forces into place.

They fell, I started to pick his Astartes apart bit by bit. The imperial guard axiom held true, "Brute force, if it didn't work, you didn't use enough." Attrition was my bitch.

Then he rolled for a deep strike. "The fuck are you deep striking?" I look around the table in confusion, only to realize his commander is not on the field. With a sudden horror, I find said commander perfectly teleported at the left end of my firing line with an incinerator strapped to his wrist. 25% of my men melt from a single attack. The next turn, another 25% to his mind bullets and sword. My army is scattered, routed. I'm flanked and destroyed.

It was a shameful display.

If you can't stop a retreat with comissars, your not using enough comissars.

I used to have a small (roughly 750 point) army but would buy a shit load if:

-there werent expensive as fuck

-i had enough free time

-i wasnt shit at painting

-i knew people who played the fucking game

Hey guys,

40K player myself.

I have around 4,000 points of Dark Angels , 1500 points of Blood Angels and a few space wolves thrown in.

A couple of imperial Knights, and any terrain that goes BOOM. LOL..

It is a very expensive hobby but I love it.

I have been lucky enough to get a few good deals on local forums so my army grows every few weeks.

I still have a bunch of ultramarines sitting under my bed. 
I considered playing with them, but as it stands I don't a big enough diversity of units, nor enough time and money to play with them.

Dyzzles likes this

2000pt Dark Angels Army with Deathwing Terminators, Ravenwing Bike Squadron, Assault Pack Troopers, Devestartor Squad, 3 Tactical Squads, Interrogator Chaplain, Capttain in Terminator Armour.

1500pt Skaven Army

2000pt Vampire Counts Army

2000pt+ Eldar Army,

Thrown out by my parents when I was at Uni and they moved house.

NEVER FORGIVE.

Dyzzles likes this

Hello everyone

I have been playing 40K for over a decade now and have amassed an embarrassing amount of models :P  I have about 10000 points in Necrons and 10000 points in ultramarines. With my ultramarines i can field the 1st company and 2nd company in a large apocalypse but i rarely find anyone who wants to play that much. I love the game and it is very sad how much prices have risen in the years and is the main contributor to my not starting another army.

Dyzzles likes this

I have a mid-sized Space Marine army and a large Ork army... somewhere. Haven't played since 2011, though.

I have about 10k points worth of Orks and about 3-4k worth of Adepta Sororitas.

I have been interested in playing 40k, but I dont know anyone else locally who does, so I never bought into it. If I did I would probably buy 10k-20k points worth of Ultra Marine troops.

Man I always wanted to try it but the budget is so small I will have to keep waiting. Seems fun though

Would love to get into the Warhammer 40k tabletop game, I used to play with borrowed armies ever since I was about four. I could never get into it fully however and only engrossed myself in all the thick lore as well as play the excellent (if momentarily amusing) Dawn of War games.

"Emperor Protects". 

(Just realised how pointless this reply is). Mao.

Yeah I like to play against my dad. My army is the Space marines Ultramarine chapter while my dad plays with a shit load of Orcs

Had a full company of Ultra marines and dark angels. I also started on a Tyrannid army. This was way back in the early 90s. between 11 and 15 i had 2 part time jobs just to pay for the units and paint. Sadly i moved to a job @ 16 in another town and gave my collection to the local GW shop, i do miss having the odd game even now @ 31 but with 2 kids and working, no time to model let alone play. Not to mention the price, it was expensive way back but now.. Just cant.

Oh back then there were no titans to buy but i made an awesome one for the tyrannids, it held pride of place in the GW shop window display till about 2005 when the shop shut :( no idea what happened to that.

Would have loved to make an orc army and titan, but adulthood got in the way. 

Best battle, my ultra marines Vs a guys imperial guard, the fuckers kept rolling impossible saves i lost to mostly infantry, imperial guard infantry. 90% of his army intact to my wipe. Even to this day im sure the dice were loaded for him, and they were my dice. lol. 

I used to mainly play Orks back in the day, though I did rather like and dabbled with the Imperial Guard.

It's been several years since I quit the tabletop side of things due to my lessening interest for the tabletop side of things, as well as my distaste for the price-hikes/ Games Workshop's policies in general. I do however keep up to the date with the lore (including some of the better books off of Black Library, like Ciaphas Cain or Eisenhorn etc.) as well as the electronic products of WH40K, as I still have a great love with the setting itself.