• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Spiderking07

Warhammer and 40k tabletop players here?

46 posts in this topic

Hmmm guess i should walk in here now then lol...

Been playing and collecting since about 1998..my uncle got me into the game and gave me my first mods, over the years i have collected EVERY army for 40k, fantasy and LoTRs, normally end up selling them off after awhile. Am currently more of a painter/collector than a gamer due to lack of players around here atm however id really like to get into 30k...damn u forge world! (also not have a full time job atm does not help)

Currently have:
Around 1250 pts of elysain drop troopers (forge world imperial guard)
3000 pts of catachans (imperial guard)
12450 pts of Dark eldar..
Not sure on the points but 3 whole companies of space marines...plus extras...around 350 ish models in total
35 models from the new Admech stuff
1800 pts of Orks

Then i have some leftovers from my old chaos space marine collection, some 30k Ultramarines and Word Bearers...oh and some craftworld eldar and harliquins..only around another 40-50 models..

I swear i dont have a problem..

Yeah I like to play against my dad. My army is the Space marines Ultramarine chapter while my dad plays with a shit load of Orcs

It wuz da oppozit fer me. I wuz da Orkz, my dad wuz da Mariney Boyz.

Not sure if it counts as on topic but I still sporadically play Aeronautica Imperialis and Battlefleet Gothic.  Essentially 40k Air Combat, and Space Combat respectively.  Unfortunately neither is officially supported by GW any longer so I have to make custom ships and aircraft or overpay on ebay for the older models.

Not sure if it counts as on topic but I still sporadically play Aeronautica Imperialis and Battlefleet Gothic. Essentially 40k Air Combat, and Space Combat respectively. Unfortunately neither is officially supported by GW any longer so I have to make custom ships and aircraft or overpay on ebay for the older models.

At least the battlefleet gothic bideogame is attempting to be somewhat fairhful to the tabletop version

I kinda wanted to get into this, I played like 1 game with a group of friends, on roll20, but for some freaking reason, the one that was supposed to organize more, just stopped, and blamed it on the others.

Of Course I have a Great 40K army.

About 5-7000 pts Imperial gua.... Astra milita... Soviet Guards Tankovy  yeah that's the one.

Got about 2000 pts of Valhallan Infantry and a shitload of good 'ol Russes with hellhounds recovery vehicles tank killers a Stormshard mortar batter flak-tanks and a mecharius vith a trojan-Tech priest combo.

Also Got Flames of war soviets but thats another story.

Not sure if it counts as on topic but I still sporadically play Aeronautica Imperialis and Battlefleet Gothic.  Essentially 40k Air Combat, and Space Combat respectively.  Unfortunately neither is officially supported by GW any longer so I have to make custom ships and aircraft or overpay on ebay for the older models.

F**k i forgot about my BFG stuff xD ty for the reminder

*iv got like 6 space marine ships and 9 imperial ships, did have 4 dark eldar ones but i believe iv lost em as iv not seen them in ages =/.

Also BFG is a great game, am looking forward to the computer game version when it comes out, tho i never tried Aeronautica i heard some good things about it.

Of Course I have a Great 40K army.

About 5-7000 pts Imperial gua.... Astra milita... Soviet Guards Tankovy  yeah that's the one.

Got about 2000 pts of Valhallan Infantry and a shitload of good 'ol Russes with hellhounds recovery vehicles tank killers a Stormshard mortar batter flak-tanks and a mecharius vith a trojan-Tech priest combo.

Also Got Flames of war soviets but thats another story.

My bolt action japanese would like a word with you ^^

Sorry lad but i play late war only.

Only got Is-2 KV-5 and T-34\85 with a bunch of Assault Sappers.

(Maybe Kamikaze and Aloha Snackbar-ing will help you with it)

Sorry for the off topic

Also a while ago, I had found really good tokens for roll 20 but never got a response on how to get them and just found out it was infront of me this entire time.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/664857/warhammer-40k-community-tabletop-wargame-in-roll20#post-708803

At the bottom of the first post is all the tokens and terrain stuff usable inside the roll 20.

I do indeed have a war story, though if you don't like the Space Commies then you should probably not read this. I'm a Tau player. 

My buddy and I have recently been getting into 40k, him for the first time and me getting back into it. As a good way to (re)familiarize ourselves, we played a sort of Last Stand type scenario, I took a small force of Tau and attempted to hold a set defendable position while he got a shit ton of Ork infantry. For auxillary support he took two warbikes, and I took a pair of Broadsides. 

His orks had to charge through a largely open area with a few ruined buildings as cover, as well as some dangerous terrain. He lead in with his Warbikes in an attempt to break my lines, nitro-boosting through some bad terrain. One failed his test and blew up, the other made it only to be cut down by the railguns of my Broadsides. My Fire Warriors then opened fire on the approaching horde, felling nearly his entire first wave in the first turn. Unfortunately, he had many more troops in reserve, and they poured on to the battlefield during his next turn. At this point, the Orkish hordes had many more bodies than the noble Tau had rifles to fire, and began to make some real progress, running from cover to cover with a squad of Deffguns forcing my Tau to keep their heads down. The Deffguns managed to bring down one of my Broadsides, but his brother, with the help of my command squad of a Cadre Fireblade and four snipers, brought them down in revenge, along with the Ork commander unit, a Big Mek. 

It was at this point it looked like the Tau might actually manage to suceed in spite of impossible odds as the Ork bodies began to pile higher, but there was no end to the green tides. The war of attrition went on for several turns, but in the end, as the remaining deffgun and a trio of Tankbustas picked off the last Broadside and began to weaken the Tau firing line, the orkish hordes proved too much, finally breaking through the lines and slaughtering the rest of my poor fire warriors. The last survivor was my Cadre Fireblade, defiant to the end, diving into heavy cover and managing to pick off five more orks before herself succumbing. 

I may write this up as a proper war story told from the POV of the Fireblade if I feel creative later. 

I've been a long time Necron player, and my Golden Host has seen it's share of battles and tournaments.  I'm still trying to update them with the new codex.  I also have a Emperor's Children Chaos Marine army with some really sweet models from Forge World.  Now I just need to get motivated and actually paint them.  There's a big convention in Halifax from Oct 30th - Nov 1st.  I'm hoping I can get them all painted in time to enter the tournament there.  

I also have a Vampire Counts army for Warhammer Fantasy.  Unfortunately I no longer play them as I find the 'Winds of Magic' rules totally screw over armies that are reliant on magic.  So unless those rules change my vampires will lurk on the shadowy sidelines.  

I personally prefer Necromunda over the full blown 40k stuff.

I did use to play 40k a few years ago but its just gotten so stupidly expensive now.

I used to play a lot o Fantasy and 40k, but I've been focusing more on Horus Heresy recently.

I have recently started to play warhammer 40k with some of my other friends. 

I've picked the Imperial Guard and im slowly starting to build my army. 

im starting out with a platoon and right now i have 2 standard infantry squads and a platoon command squad

I still play a good amount of 40k, friendly games, I dont have a competitive army yet.

Got to say, having a lot of fun with age of sigmar, despite all the hate it gets. No more "cant use this model because the points arent worth it" anymore

I still play a good amount of 40k, friendly games, I dont have a competitive army yet.

Got to say, having a lot of fun with age of sigmar, despite all the hate it gets. No more "cant use this model because the points arent worth it" anymore

Ppl like Age of Failmar i mean Sigmar? oh....

:P

(tbf its not a bad game, ppl need to give it a chance, played a game of it and it was not too bad, tho am still happy i sold all my remaining fantasy lol)

Just finished off my first true game with 1000pts of Orks.

As expected, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in shooting phase

I've actually just started fielding two armies, Black Legion and Dark Angels. I don't have the models assembled and painted yet, but once I get the paints I'm going to do it all myself

I've actually just started fielding two armies, Black Legion and Dark Angels. I don't have the models assembled and painted yet, but once I get the paints I'm going to do it all myself

That's great, may I ask what you're planning to field in them?

I'm doing Chaos after I get me Orks to 3000pts