• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Anthem: it's Warframe, but not free. And it has jetpacks + mechsuit

5 posts in this topic

My fear is confirmed. After playing this game's alpha, which is ok, the full game, or at least the "play early" version of the game has been released. And the people has spoken. 

Yep, this game is pretty much Warframe, but with a cool jetpack mechanic from Dark Void. The game's missions are just the same thing over and over again like any other loot grind heavy games, story is generic with awkward humor, and missions are locked with "do these objectives before you can proceed" things like what Warframe did with their requirements before being able to progress through a level. Only in Warframe it's a free game, and you actually have a large open world + other planets to travel in with a lot of mission varieties, while you have to pay full price for Anthem and it all takes place in a single open world map, and every progression has to be done by you, so if you play with friends and they kill enemies, it doesn't count towards your progression....... THIS IS JUST FUCKING STRIPPED WARFRAME! WHAT IS THIS SHIT??? Well at least the combat is solid and smooth, plus you get to ride a mechsuit. 

Poor2 Bioware. You made Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Star Wars KOTOR and the underrated Jade Empire. And now you're saddled with making paid Warframe with none of the awesome multiple choice gameplay you are known for. I hope your next Dragon Age game will bring you back to glory, and hopefully, updates will be put to Anthem and make the game much better.

You are, of course, assuming EA lets Bioware live long enough to make another Dragon Age game. And that they're allowed to make it on their own instead of having EA put their grubby hands all over it.

I enjoyed the demo for Anthem, but I didn't see anything that made me want to purchase the game on release. I expect it to be half-price only a few months from now, if not going completely free-to-play.

3 hours ago, PlasticFrogCG said:

You are, of course, assuming EA lets Bioware live long enough to make another Dragon Age game. And that they're allowed to make it on their own instead of having EA put their grubby hands all over it.

I enjoyed the demo for Anthem, but I didn't see anything that made me want to purchase the game on release. I expect it to be half-price only a few months from now, if not going completely free-to-play.

Well, as long as Anthem sells, Bioware can still live for another day.

Actually, nevermind. EA will fuck things up. I rather see Bioware get out of EA and do their own stuff. I haven't bought any games from EA since Battlefield 1, except the free mobile games but those are free so I don't lose money over them, so if EA goes down under, I won't feel bad because they're dead to me now.

AHHH I almost forgot. I went to LA last month for my Dragonball Fighter Z tournament thing. The tournament + Disneyland is awesome. As for LA itself? I will NEVER go there again. It is one of the most unsafe city I have ever been in, filled with homeless people left and right like it's an epidemic, streets that are segmented between the good looking zone and the african american dodgy as hell getho streets, urgh. GTA V's Los Santos is cleaner and safer than the real thing.

The worst part is that the prices are all bullshit. When I arrived at the airport, the cab cost to my hotel is $65. But when I bought a mobile prepaid simcard afterwards and get Uber, turns out the fee is only $29 + $2 tips. Fucking ripoff I tell ya. Good thing I use Uber to go places afterward! 

Food prices are also bad. Why is it that the damn price doesn't include surcharges? So $10 pasta turns into a $15 meal because of surcharge + tips. That's $20 Australian dollars for most meals, not including drinks! Why can't it be like Australia where $10 is actually $10??

Oh, and Hollywood? That place can burn in hell. As soon as I arrive there, I am pestered left and right by people who wants to sell their music CDs, and homeless people, and cosplayers who fucking dares to ask for $20, after they pester people into taking pictures with them. The walk of fame and old buildings are just decorations for a pathetic nest of thieves and liars.

There is a silver lining though. The Uber cab drivers are mostly awesome people who tell me stories about LA, and how they pretty much tell me any other city is better than LA. lol. One of the cab drivers is an upcoming UFC undercard fighter named Archie Baranoff

https://www.behance.net/gallery/55278743/Archie-Baranoff-Lesnovski-I-Fight-to-Win 

and he tells me that he has a friend named Mario Vanjur who's going to join NXT. 

I wish these 2 guys all the best for their future!

Going to LA makes me thankful that I actually live in Melbourne Australia. It's so much more heavenly here. If you're still planning to go to Australia, do so. You will want to live here afterward. :D

3 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Well, as long as Anthem sells, Bioware can still live for another day.

Actually, nevermind. EA will fuck things up. I rather see Bioware get out of EA and do their own stuff. I haven't bought any games from EA since Battlefield 1, except the free mobile games but those are free so I don't lose money over them, so if EA goes down under, I won't feel bad because they're dead to me now.

Anthem's release has no doubt caused a rise in purchases for "Origin Premier" due to 'Anthem' (full game) being attached to it. But I don't think many went that route due to what I've read online since most gamers don't bother with origin deals since Steam is essentially the 'go-to' platform for them.

As for it's ability to sell? Yeah, it already pretty much has sold 'well' in retrospect due to people buying the pre-orders due to getting suckered into the hype machine. If you look at Origin Access right now and sort by 'most popular' you'll see that Anthem is at the top of the list and is at the top of everything. Infact you can't really go anywhere on Origin without seeing the bloody game in all honesty but that's just because EA is trying to push Anthem as one of it's 2019 flagship products.

Spoiler

wgsdgf.png

If I were to guess at how many they sold, I think around the 1 million marker would be the generous estimate while around the 500k mark would be the low ball. Most consumers don't do much research into a product. If it looks interesting or reliable enough they'll buy it, most don't read others critiques cause everyone tends to think they always know what's best. But if a 'famous' person or even someone they know starts to diss on the product in question then the person will listen and due to how everyone was essentially praising the game like around a month ago. Most prob bought the game without thinking and i'm starting to see many on twitter are seriously regretting their pre-purchases and are actively seeking refunds which most will prob not get cause of reasons. https://twitter.com/search?vertical=default&q=anthem refund&src=typd 

Either way Bioware has already made some bank on this and considering how people are still actively defending the game on social media platforms: https://twitter.com/bioware/status/1097921022894891008 (read the conversations between users) you can easily surmise that the company will make even more bank when the game finally launches then after the game is released in no less then 3 days you should begin to see some serious negativity spreading across the web but by then it'll be too late and they would of already had enough $ to make this whole endeavor worth while. Then after a few months pass of patches and such they can just 'win back' some users who decided they didn't like it by just fixing X issue or adding X content into the game, this works for many Massively Multiplayer products. 

No matter how I think about it, the product will no doubt still sell well enough and have enough of a following that'll last for a good while until the next robot flying looter shooter comes around. 

On 2/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Kaz32 said:

AHHH I almost forgot. I went to LA last month for my Dragonball Fighter Z tournament thing. The tournament + Disneyland is awesome. As for LA itself? I will NEVER go there again. It is one of the most unsafe city I have ever been in, filled with homeless people left and right like it's an epidemic, streets that are segmented between the good looking zone and the african american dodgy as hell getho streets, urgh. GTA V's Los Santos is cleaner and safer than the real thing.

The worst part is that the prices are all bullshit. When I arrived at the airport, the cab cost to my hotel is $65. But when I bought a mobile prepaid simcard afterwards and get Uber, turns out the fee is only $29 + $2 tips. Fucking ripoff I tell ya. Good thing I use Uber to go places afterward! 

Food prices are also bad. Why is it that the damn price doesn't include surcharges? So $10 pasta turns into a $15 meal because of surcharge + tips. That's $20 Australian dollars for most meals, not including drinks! Why can't it be like Australia where $10 is actually $10??

Oh, and Hollywood? That place can burn in hell. As soon as I arrive there, I am pestered left and right by people who wants to sell their music CDs, and homeless people, and cosplayers who fucking dares to ask for $20, after they pester people into taking pictures with them. The walk of fame and old buildings are just decorations for a pathetic nest of thieves and liars.

There is a silver lining though. The Uber cab drivers are mostly awesome people who tell me stories about LA, and how they pretty much tell me any other city is better than LA. lol. One of the cab drivers is an upcoming UFC undercard fighter named Archie Baranoff

and he tells me that he has a friend named Mario Vanjur who's going to join NXT.

I wish these 2 guys all the best for their future!
Going to LA makes me thankful that I actually live in Melbourne Australia. It's so much more heavenly here. If you're still planning to go to Australia, do so. You will want to live here afterward. :D

Hehe, yeah man, California is an oddball even by American standards. There's an old joke that their state slogan is "Land of the fruits and nuts", but of course, that's delving into a more political avenue, so we'll drop it like a hot potato right now. :D
I already have a big trip planned for this year, visiting The Mouse in Florida (Disneyworld). But I'm hoping maybe next year I'll plan a trip to Australia.