• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Anthem Angry Review

6 posts in this topic

Damn. I thought the game's long loading screen in the alpha will get fixed, but NOPE, it's much worse in the full game! This is more loading than the Loading Screen Simulator!

I find it ironic that Destiny + the Division are better than Anthem, all because they don't have loading screens every 5 minutes, they have better fairer loots, the missions have more variety, and they don't have bullshit roadblock progression system that forces you to do time-consuming tasks like Warframe, only Warframe has WAY more variety & justifiable because it's a free game. How many fuck ups must EA do till they stop acting like money fetishist retards and just be a game company already??

And you know what's freaking sad about this? I actually have a co-worker that used to work for EA as one of the creatives. He loves games & an awesome dude who wants to put quality first in games & make cool trailers to showcase the cool gameplays for the games he worked on. But each time he proposed something good in the business meeting about actually developing games with no microtransactions or dumb stuff, one of the twats at EA shut down the idea because "we have to put microtransactions + reduce gameplay so we can get more money". So no matter how good the intention is, EA's higher ups only care about making money and prioritize putting their bullshit in it, just because they have the authority above everyone else. YES, they are pretty much exactly like Corporate Commander. I thought he's just an exaggeration of the real thing, BUT NO, HE EXISTS! IT'S ALL A TRUE STORY PEOPLE! FUCK THESE ASSHOLES! 

EA is an anomaly. We know they fucking destroy many games because of their stupid crap, so we got games like ME3, ME Andromeda, Star Wars Battlefront, and Anthem. But they CAN bounce back with great games, like Battlefield 1, the good sports games that are not just lazy cash in, Titanfall 2, Dragon Age Inquisition and Apex Legends. They know they can bounce back anytime they fucking want, but what I don't get is why don't they just give more good games so people won't be pissed off by them? It's like they have bipolar disease or some shit!

This is extremely disheartening. I played the demo with a friend, and for the most part, I was enjoying it. But all the things I didn't like about it were exactly what Joe pointed out and I was hoping they would fix them sooner rather than later. At this point, I still want to get the game, but it won't be until it's had a dramatic drop in price and made substantial changes to the gameplay.

Just another nail in EA's coffin at this point. I have absolutely no faith in anything with their name on it anymore.

Sad... just sad.

The extend version is even better and  I have to agree with everything Joe said about Anthem. Even if EA doesn't close down BioWare, their reputation is ruined when it comes to making game. The next Dragon Age better be a hit with everyone, all though if EA is involved at all, it won't be.

Just now, SneakyGumbo said:

The extend version is even better and  I have to agree with everything Joe said about Anthem. Even if EA doesn't close down BioWare, their reputation is ruined when it comes to making game. The next Dragon Age better be a hit with everyone, all though if EA is involved at all, it won't be.

I know bashing on EA is a meme at this point but people do need to understand that the issues they are having with the game is on Biowares head, not EA and when it comes to reputation? yeah, that's not really going to matter since diehard fans of the company will defend and buy their games regardless and spend a good chunk of money on microtransactions which just tells me that it's going to be doing fine for abit but they will be suffering from low population issues and "we aren't earning millions" for some time, since developers essentially only care about profit margins. Yeah, I can see the 'low profits' thing being a huge issue for them and EA will try and step in at some point to save the game. Since they thought this would be the next Apex Legends or something. 

If you want my take on the future, I think EA will be doing damage control on anthem in the coming weeks or they'll toss the game under the bus in-favor of Apex. Either way, i'm glad I don't work for Bioware cause they might have to cut jobs if sales numbers are too low. 

I don't blame EA at all, if anything people should already known what they are getting into if you decide to sign on with them. I know it is Biowares fault, kind of like when people say "Its Activisions fault Destiny has issues!" No its not, that falls on Bungies shoulders. They made a plan that they could not keep up with and keep content rolling out to keep players happy. Yes, you will have people defend the game and keep playing it no matter what and using mtx. Good for them, if you like it and want to support them go for it. But don't expect to reach the 1 billion dollar mark that EA seems to shoot for each game. I don't think EA will step in and save it if its not going to be cost efficient in the long run. Apex will be their cash cow now for a long time. I believe they knew Anthem was not up to par which is why they released Apex to pick up the monetary loss of mtx in Anthem. And so far, at least in the UK, the sales numbers are not even half of what Mass Effect Andromeda has sold, which is somewhat concerning. Depending on what the sales are in North America, we shall see what BioWares outcome is. As Joe also made a good point, they are not going to keep a full team working on Anthem anymore. Its now up to the live team to keep this game a float. Just like they did with SWTOR. Most assets I assume are being moved to work on the new Dragon Age game for later release. Now, EA could pull an Activision and allocate other studios to help Anthem survive, but I just don't see that happening at this time.