• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vash113

Star Trek Online **[Added to Polls]**

6 posts in this topic

Now that the new guidelines are up this thread is to officially request the creation of a Game Poll for Star Trek Online. Since release Star Trek Online has been continuously supported including a brand new episode releasing this very day. Many new ships have been added to the game, new mission content and two new factions. STF queues allow for teams of players to fight together quickly and efficiently in a variety of missions, story missions can be replayed anytime and played as a group. Guild support in game is also extensive, including a dedicated fleet space station, dilithium mine, embassy on new romulus and now a spire within the new open space adventuring area.

Game Pros:

Free-to-Play, STO does not require a monthly subscription to play allowing AJSA members to drop in and out as their schedule allows.

Mission Replay, players can replay story missions at any time allowing for re playability without having to start a new character.

Fleet Support, one of the most extensive guild support systems I've seen in an MMO with player built fleet assets, fleet ships, weapons, costumes, uniforms, badges and more.

Player Customization, players can customize their appearance and clothing, and that of their bridge officers and even the appearance of their ship at anytime for a small amount of in-game currency. Names can also be modified with a c-store purchase.

Shard server system, STO uses shards, multiple instances of any given location, rather than dedicated servers. This means that all AJSA players could meet and play together as long as there is space in any given shard, without having to have players move servers or locked onto different servers as with some other MMOs.

Mac support, today the Beta of the Mac client went live meaning that STO can now be played by AJSA members with both PCs and Macs and play together.

Microtransaction currency can be earned in game.

Game Cons:

Microtransaction System, while I find the system in STO pretty good there are many who do not like microtransactions as a rule.

Limited Fleet Size, STO fleets have a limit of 500 members, though quite a few I suspect an active AJSA group could easily hit that limit and then some, potentially requiring multiple fleets.

Faction System, Klingon and Fed characters cannot be part of the same fleet and Romulan Characters have to choose between either Starfleet or KDF. Thus the AJSA members would have to be split between Fed and Klingon fleets to encompass everyone.

Microtransaction Unlocks, some species, costumes, pets, ships and other items can only be unlocked through the microtransaction system.

afbratt, mister R and Dragovi like this

Star Trek online would make a good game for us all to play as a community. The microtransaction system is a pain, but that might create a good giveaway system for loyal players and could open doors for the AJSA as a whole.

I'd love to have a fleet on Star Trek, i usually am a lone wolf since finding a good fleet is a pain but if we create a AJSA then count me in.

I'd give this game another go if we set up a division within STO. The game entertained but with so many other f2p MMOs, I just moved on rather fast.

I am playing STO with a friend of mine. Not constantly and not seriously. But it's a treat for Star Trek fans. I thing this game will be a good addition to the Army since there are great really easy Space Battles and it's fast to level. There are some massive battles in the game and these could be turned to Events but it's not like EVE or anything. But then again I needed one week to reach max level in STO and one week to finish the tutorial of EVE. Plus it's a free MMO and anyone from the angry army can join if free time available without regrets and it's on steam.