• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MC017

Racism Masked as Politically Correct Advertising

3 posts in this topic

Hey I saw this guys post on YouTube during the Black Panther Angry Review 

Sorry posting these videos has strange formatting and is flinging/deleting everything everywhere. 

This guy on YouTube posted this and is is Pretty Crazy stuff, because apparently Hollywood is making movies "Less Black," Literally, because China, one of the world's Largest markets for movies, do Not like black people in movies, and are apparently Very Vocal about it. Hollywood seems to be making films with less black people Because of Profits! This might mean that this movement of political correctness is Actually masking this rise in cultural Racism! 

https://qz.com/quartzy/1231764/the-story-behind-the-racist-responses-to-black-panther-in-china/

Crazy stuff and the fascism of PC/SJW/"Nice or Nothing"/PA(public appeal) Masking True motives of Profit in a state of Apathetic Neoliberalism.

Definition Fascism: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism

Definition Neoliberalism:

What do you guys think? I mean if this is true, then this has HUGE consequences. I'm frankly amazed that this movement could actually just be to make money by covering up a lot of these problems just for the sake of Money. 

_

Screenshot (45).png

Obviously the first part of that is true. Even ignoring China. Distributors in the US and UK are much less likely to cast non white actors in roles or to pick up movies starring or about them, even before getting into the history of film and photography not being designed to properly picture or record people with darker skin tones. China's recent banning of gay content is likely why companies like Disney will only mention that characters aren't straight outside of the actual film. That's just what any large profit driven corporations have always done. Of course there are obviously many people in China against that so just saying that Chinese people don't like or want other nationalities or sexual orientations isn't correct, even the article you linked to said the primarily black lead film did well there. Usually these are just things said by people running productions and marketing who don't have any idea what they are talking about.

Pretty much everything else you are saying or tying together is nonsensical and you seem to have gotten an odd idea of these concepts. A neoliberalism ideology which is typically heavy in forms of racism, colonialism, rampant capitalist consumerism, and is heavily based around white/straight/wealthy westerners in its personification, corporations trying to have their products distributed in the largest markets they can find by appealing to a combination of what people and governments will promote, and the undefinable and generally nonsensical buzzwords of PC/SJW (which is typically banned from being said in this community) which is usually going to be used as in insult or buzzword by people promoting racism or rampant consumerism and aimed at their opposites aren't connected in the simple way that you are implying. The article you link to and generally how black or other minority lead movies have been performing is also implying that Hollywood is both wrong and not even appealing to mainstream culture with their decisions, which would seem to put what you are saying even more at odds with reality. A company attempting to appeal to a culture that they say is racist in a way that will cause them to change their product isn't an appeal to PC culture in any meaningful way that has anything to do with the primary form of a words usage (even less so when the company is both partially wrong in their thinking, and based on the kind of people running companies like this are probably just lying to begin with).

Apart from anything else, pointing out the dictionary definitions of words, has no real place in any kind of meaningful discussion regarding complicated multifaceted subjects, as they are meant as a pocket guide to the basic definitions of words in the time that they were added or last updated in the given dictionary, defined by fallible and biased people in a particularly setting, and are both ever evolving and clearly not meant to cover every type of context (usually hardly any). Even those with roles in the curation of major dictionaries have said this.

The way you posted this makes it sound like you just found out about a very basic style of film/product marketing and distribution that essentially has the entire history of film behind it and are tying it to other things that you don't seem to have a solid grasp of and that you also seem to have just found out about which has also been broken down and talked about for years. Not really helped by South Park always presenting a very overblown and extremely pedestrian understanding of the world and whatever concepts they are talking about. Tying any breakdown of what is being talked about in the Youtube video about their recent season to a Disney film appealing to mainstream distributed Chinese films by having less black people are not remotely connected to each other. A closer example of the ideas being similar would be Disney film remakes (Aladdin/Beauty and the Beast) desperately trying to modernize its female characters into a childish easily marketable empowered stereotype that can end up being just as offensive (especially for characters that never had the problem of being a weak/dull/stereotype in the other direction) which they likely do because it's a lot easier for them to try to address gender issues of their old films rather than trying to address the racism prevalent throughout much of their history, and even that wouldn't be some kind of horrible conspiracy just worse writing in films likely pushed by a massive corporation trying to get the most money they could (similar to trying to include unneeded CGI, or first person horror films, or character stereotypes, or whatever else is popular/said to be popular at a certain time). And any of that is just poorly done easily identifiable actions of a corporation's idea of marketing to mainstream sensibilities that, based on the reaction to a lot of their films, they don't get correct or care about whose films are usually quickly forgotten or ignored anyway. You seem to be saying if you take an anti-racist/misogynistic ideology mostly filled with non white/straight/cis people that have historically been ignored and abused, which has been defined by buzzwords by people who are against marginalized people being able to express their opinions, and then you take people who are still racist and misogynistic looking to earn a profit poorly try to use that ideology who are typically not part of those marginalized demographics, and then take corporations trying to appeal to a completely different part of the world (and not even doing it in a way that actually helps them) typically more cut off from a lot of cultures we are around, then that somehow goes back to making the original ideology a bad conspiracy for money even with the people part of that original ideology being the ones most likely to point out what would be neoliberalism or poor "safe" ideas of corporate pandering for profit. In the same way that Amazon owned Whole Foods making pumpkin hummus for white women vegans who mispronounce namaste while appropriating their backwards idea of yoga has nothing to do with Indian or Middle Eastern people talking about their problems with modern culture, promotion of non offensive content doesn't become a conspiracy when corporations try to make money off it (or market to China in ways that really has nothing to do with anything related to the concept).

There's a lot here so I'll just comment on what I see basically in order.

It's Not nonsensical, and most everything you said about my credibility is Absurd because it is Irrelevant and the long paragraph being largely incorrect and focused too much on "offenses" and the state of being offended, again Irrelevant. This Argument was Titled very simply that Racism is being masked as PC Advertising which is an Absolute Fact. Anyone that denies this is deluding themselves. It is an argument about whether Hollywood is making films Look PC where they are actually just making them Profitable by casting Actors that make them more money on the Basis of Racism. "Selling Racism" is the argument here in that what do people think about the changing times that People are making active Choices to make people More Marketable on the basis of Visual Appearances, Sexual Orientations And Sexes, and Skin Colors.

**Plus, I am not saying anything about buzzwords, but rather the Way that people Approach their decisions Is Effecting/Affecting the mental climate of the world by Clouding the issue with irrelevant and ridiculous crap that makes no sense, such as this push for "Strong Female Role," one of My Most Hated nonsense garbage arguments, because What Does It Matter At All? It Doesn't. The problem is that they are a woman or not? that there is a female lead actor? That the female lead actor is good or bad at acting? Like what is the point of that argument? Totally Irrelevant and Ridiculous. Men and Women Exist, they are 2 pieces of a Species, That's It. BUT, that's not the Reality is it? No. the Reality is that Women Want More Women Leads, and Press this agenda, and become a Political Group. This argument Is, Factually, Sexism, because they are pressing an issue that deals with making Female actresses Priority Over male actors for certain roles. Is that bad? Not Directly; but Because females want female leads this creates a Social Consensus Thinking that arbitrarily Changes the Political Climate of Consumers which then translates into movies and their revenues In Direct Relation To Sexism and sexist Ideology; and then what? Companies and Hollywood Exploits this group for Money and Uses PC to MASK the issue by saying, "This movie is Great because it has a Female Lead Actress!" But the movie was Terrible. But the movie's Quality is Not the Real issue here, is it? No. This is what I am arguing in that the Political Climate, Caused by this movement of PC, is Masking the Real issues by Monetizing Politically Correct thinking and Prioritizing Irrelevant Topics over others to Cloud the issues on What Is Important. This is the problem, and the issue herein. I would throw in that LaLa Land is laregly the reason I don't watch the Oscars anymore.

These consequences are the ideas of Who to cast, and Why, and My argument is the Mask of PC to Cover racism and racist ideology; like that video that guy posted that I watched, makes a great argument about Selling PC to Consumers that Supports PC content as a Target Market. I'm not here to read the Wikipedia on the Precise Definitions of PC/SJW because anyone can do that on their own, and what would be the point? This is like an idea that when you see the Comedy/Tragedy picture where comedy is white and tragedy is black: to someone Not racist at all it will Look like one is black and one is white, whereas a Racist Using PC to mask racist ideals will say "this Must be changed because One is a White Face and the other is a Black Face," where this Did Not Exist Before. the Reality is that racism only exists When People Recognize that it "is," more precisely could be, racist, and this is where the idea that you are saying PC/SJW are "buzzwords" because you think that I am insulting these groups, which I am because I Do Not Agree with them At All which is a Negative Opinion of these groups. Although I recognize their values, I see them as Hypocritical and Stupid with this rising trend of "Hate The Haters," which is Wrong Thinking and essentially applies directly back at themselves. Rights should Never be based on Race, Gender, Or Sex, but rather All People. "We the People," Not "White Men The People." PC/SJW Very basically just suggest "Say it right or Shut Up," which is why they take so much crap from people because their values of "hate the haters and love the Complacent Agreers" is just a Mental system that says "they said positive opinion, Like; they said negative opinion, Hate." This consensus thinking is Very Bad and getting worse with blind agreeing opinions Just to Conform to consensus thinking to Not Be Ostricized. This applies to women and example of "strong female roles," black people with the Chinese vocal racism against black lead roles Reducing Sales in China, and a final that I will list being "adult children" where children are given roles that deal with strongly adult and sexual content such as in The Good Boys.

When I was ignorant, I didn't even see race/color/gender to large extent. Only by people Telling me that this existed when I was a child did I start to see this, but then I never Believed IN It. People are Believing IN Racism and, Thus, it Exists and becomes a Big Problem. In my opinion, it is sad to see that people have taken racism So Seriously that they have created a system that Rewards Racist Thinking while hiding behind political consensus groups such as PC and SJW where people can Hate Everyone in the world just because they use not-PC not-SJW terms and words in their speech, and think it is OK it discredit them for doing so. this is a Big problem that people seem to overlook, and why it is a rising movement of Fascist ideals which fascist Means By Definition:  "a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."
The key words here being "forcible suppression of Opposition" And "A Political Philosophy that exalts nation and Often Race Above the individual." Autocratic being from Autocracy and Autocrat meaning "A Community or state governed by [One whom has Undisputed Influence or Power]," all these Merriam-Webster definitions. Meaning, in Summary, that PC and SJW have secured enough Community Influence that they can affect/effect the political climate enough to totally Change a political structure and Severely Impact products, services, and in this case Movies and Games Into this Regimentation. This Is Factual. It is, Essentially, a power-play by the leaders of this movement for mental and social media control which, from what I've seen, is inevitable Ultimately but is Currently Misguided in it's direction that they are Taking. similar to you thinking I was being racist by Using "buzzwords" which is Your interpretation of the material Presented, comedy/tragedy thinking, which I thought was being stated clearly, but due to differing Perspectives of the material was taken Incorrectly.

Interestingly enough there was another south Park about this like 15 years ago. It is called Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo (S1.09) which may sound silly, but it is the Second plot about the School play that is interesting here about Offending Imagery. It's worth a watch for this alone And Released December 1997. This was a significant warning about political agendas getting out of control, and now we're swimming in crap metaphorically and seriously.