• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DaCrowh

Mount & Blade Warband & Napoleonic Wars **[Poll Added]**

83 posts in this topic

This is an official game request for Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars and the whole Mount & Blade franchise

I suggest having one Game Officer for the native game and one for the dlc - because of the different communities and ways of training in each of these games.

Pros:

A very multiplayer and military focused game

Easy to learn yet difficult to master combat system

Overall a nice and active playerbase

Offers the opportunity to reenact the Angry Army in its first years of 19th century Warfare

A lots of mods we could use offering different ways of gameplay

Regular Linebattles and Training

200 Slots Server

Cons:

A bit rough around the edges

It would be difficult to set the Angry Army up with a working command structure and the necessary discipline

Finding our way in the community, getting renown and being listed in the more exciting linebattles would be a matter of time

Regular Training

Linebattles need a lot of rules 

Aloha Recruits, Privates, Officers and Commanders 

I would like to introduce you to Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTnJXZ8LDG8

The game is about 19th century warfare and if the Angry Army would decide to support this game we could train ourselves , train the army and fight our enemy, disciplined and fierce.

basically the videos will give you a great hint what this game is about and why the Angry Army needs to support said game

Hope this request will be accepted.

lepidus and Triako like this

I concur. This game would be ideal for the AJSA. But an additional difficulty is that we have members from all around the world and hence various regiments would have to be formed for the various timezones. Otherwise I see no extra problems.

I think week-ends are a good idea.

Most events take part at 8pm GMT / 3pm EST - which would be fine for the european and the american people. 

But you are right the time zones would be a problem

I would love to play this. Great idea. Also Banana.

This is a really good game. However, I think we should also have support for the Vanilla version for those who don't have the DLC. The Vanilla version is pretty good as well, if not better. 

Mount&Blade: Napoleonic Wars is a great FPS/TPS multiplayer game set in the Napoleonic Wars. Since reload time is usually a minute it makes this game highly suspenseful yet addicting. Not to mention it is only 30 bucks.

Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWcOCsvw3nA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5J5LEBVCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arjA-TC3gM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFq1kK2r1bM

Pros:

- Large 200+ player battles

- Great cooperative fun 

- Epic Line Battles

- Officer, Sargent, and Rifleman, and Ranker classes help show the Angry Army's leadership

- Musicians

- Battle Mode

- Good server support

- Cheap game (30 Bucks including the base game Warband)

Cons:

- Some minor glitches

- PS2 era Graphics (can't complain though, it was made by two people)

- Large maps so unless you are on a horse it will take a long time to get around

- Setting may not appeal to some people 

moonred4000 likes this

I'm actually part of a group that do line-battles and even have host server to hold these event, if the AJSA dose go into this game, i could get the information for us to be part of a line-battle, with our size, we could take over 25-45% of the server.

There's a topic here n Mount & Blade already. Also, we need support for the vaniilla version for those who didnt buy the DLC.

The Vanilla version would not offer the same opportunities as the vanilla game is focused on 1 v 1 where as the dlc is focused on teamwork - I know that the vanilla game requires teamwork to win but the dlc encourages teamwork on a different level.

I thought a bit about this. Just support the franchise with a focus on Napoleonic Wars :P

Mount&Blade Warband is a game made by Taleworlds, a turkish game studio who created this realistic medieval combat simulator.

I play this game at competitive stage, which I wouldn't say it is big but it is tons of fun. The skill required to master the game is very high and I could say that competitive quality of the game is up to par with e-sports games like StarCraft II, LoL and DOTA 2.

I ask the Angry Army to create a clan for the game, which will play competitive matches against other clans and to create a moshpot of fun around this

PROS

• The Mount&Blade Franchise is approved by the BADASS SEAL OF APPROVAL
  • High Skill Cap, takes effort to be good
  • Friendly community, welcomes new guys
  • Lots of mods to spend our time with events
  • It is addictive

CONS

• Small playerbase
  • Dated Graphics
  • Causes Rage sometimes
  • PC only

MEDIA

Here are some competitive matches of the game

A Talk-Show about the competitive scene!

NOTE: This is not about the DLC expansion Napoleonic Wars nor the spin-off With Fire and Sword. It is about the Native part of M&B Warband!

Best mod ever is Clash of Kings, impossible to do better mod.

Also, one of the best games ever.

Well we should point out what mods we would be focusing to play, for example the Napoleonic DLC or other mods for it. Standalone MP isn't bad, but there are many mods that make the game much better, and more cooperative to play.

Well we should point out what mods we would be focusing to play, for example the Napoleonic DLC or other mods for it. Standalone MP isn't bad, but there are many mods that make the game much better, and more cooperative to play.

The actual mods the Angry Army should support could be determined later but I agree with you.

for example Napoleonic Wars and North and South (American Civil War) would be some very good mods to start with. 

I played a lot of vanilla multiplayer in this game. I barely ever touched single player. It's funky, but still very fun. Last time I played (it was 12 June according to Steam), there's been plenty of folks to play, full servers all around. It might have changed though, since Chivalry and War of the Roses and other similar titles came out.

Play this game a lot.  We could set up huge battles in team-speak.  Would be awesome. I will have to practice up.

I'd definitely get behind this, still hop on it from time to time and still haven't experienced the multiplayer!

Ehm Nap Wars and Warband threads combined?

Let me clear it up

Warband and Nap Wars have diffrent communties and ways of training.

They should be independant from one another or have it like one manages the Warband part and one manages to NW part

I support this as well, I think we would have to some line battles as well

Ehm Nap Wars and Warband threads combined?

Let me clear it up

Warband and Nap Wars have diffrent communties and ways of training.

They should be independant from one another or have it like one manages the Warband part and one manages to NW part

I dont see a reason to seperate those two games. 

Let's say one day a week is for native warband: Training + Shieldbattle

The other day there will be training and linebattle for Napoleonic Wars

I agree the training sessions would be different but in the end it is still the same game just different textures.

I think there will be some sort of compromise 

Wait, what? If Napoleonic Wars has firearms in it, it's a big no. Why combine threads anyway?

Not the first time when combining or moving threads brings us no good.

So, I did I bit of search on NW and it's NOTHING like Warband. Please separate threads.

I don't even own the bloody thing. And I don't think it will do any good.

From my point of view Napoelonic Wars is an improvement.

The melee combat is even more difficult and weapons are very inaccurate ( comparable to the accuracy of bow when you have one skill point in Power Draw).

and you are right Warband is nothing like Napoleonic Wars. Shieldbattles are often without the discipline and rather chaotic and the only good warband

Shieldbattles are made by whom? You are right, Napoleonic Wars regiment

Threads are combined because it was a mess and actually all the threads wanted Mount & Blade Warband to be an official Angry Army game, some just want a bit more

but I would change my previous statement: would be good if one could manage the native game where as someone else could manage the DLC.

I fully support this game, I found it odd that it wasn't supported from the start. Since Joe loves this game so much according to his review.

Still I would to play in a massive battle together with the Angry Army.