• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Death Stranding is reviewed, and it's all according to Kojima's plan.

5 posts in this topic

https://wccftech.com/early-death-stranding-reviews-confirm-kojimas-latest-is-arguably-the-most-divisive-game-in-years/

The reviews are in for Death Strading! And I have to say, this turns into another "Deadly Premonition", "Resident Evil/ Biohazard 5 & 6" or "Days Gone". You will either hate this game, or you're going to like this game. And I truly believe that this is what Kojima intended with this game. I mean come on, it's a game where you spend the majority of the game being a courier, transporting goods from point a to point b while trying to avoid demons & rough terrains! This game sounds like it's going to be a boring slog, but Kojima says "I'm going to make this game & see how it goes". Which takes major balls to do in this day and age where most games take the traditional route & refining concepts that are used in hundreds of different games before. And to that I say well done, you did it. You give the middle finger to those pricks that ruined Contra & Metal Gear. And the best part is that no matter if you hate or like this game, everyone becomes connected in the end, which is what this game is all about: rebuilding lost connections & strengthening existing ones. I'm intrigued by the fact that this game actually uses online mechanics where you do something & other players around the world can contribute to making your life easier. This game totally uses the concept from Nier Automata & put it into making courier work interesting. 

Now I can't wait to play this game & see how many structures are already built during launch. Who knows, maybe in the future the structures built in the game will be so big that instead of you being forced to walk on cliffs & rocks which people complained about, you can just use vehicles to get to your destination faster & the game will be a lot easier to deal with. All I care about though is the off to the walls bonkers story which thankfully hasn't been spoiled in any way, so I don't mind doing hard work here and there. I rather play this than play No Man's Sky launch version that sucked my soul dry & ended on a giant insult to everyone who played the game.

I'm not too excited about this game but I'm still interested to give it a try. I'm mostly worried about amount of gameplay mechanisms. I have a feeling that the game would have got way more low score reviews if it wouldn't have be made by Kojima.

Anyway, since PC version is still year away there is no hurry to make a decision.

On 02/11/2019 at 8:56 PM, Doctor said:

I'm not too excited about this game but I'm still interested to give it a try. I'm mostly worried about amount of gameplay mechanisms. I have a feeling that the game would have got way more low score reviews if it wouldn't have be made by Kojima.

Anyway, since PC version is still year away there is no hurry to make a decision.

The thing is, NOBODY ELSE can make this kind of game but Kojima cause they will never think of a game where you're a courier traveling across USA while avoiding giant black ink monster things while you have a baby strapped on to you.

I just want to play the game so I can see what kind of sceneries I can see & figure out what the hell the story of this game actually is.

I've seen three reviews on this game. Two said it was brilliant and worth getting past the 10 hour intro to get to the good stuff. One wasn't kind at all. What I care about is that none of them mentioned microtransactions,  macrotransactions, or season passes. I've never really been a Kojima fan and this game probably isn't something that looks interesting to me. But, I am a fan of single player RPG campaigns with a good story. I am definitely going to buy this game just to support the genre. It's a dying breed. It's easier, cheaper, and they have a formula to make a multiplayer, always connected game and monetize every facet of it. What I'd like is a 50 hour Star Wars single player intergalactic campaign, maybe spanning the first six movies. But, as long as EA has the rights from Disney, it will never see the light of the day. I read that such a game was in development, but they squashed it because they want a Star Wars title ready with the next gen consoles. So, I don't care if they call this game a walking simulator, boring, or a piece of junk. I am going to support it. As long as they don't destroy the game by adding a multiplayer component to it and remove features and graphical content away from the original campaign, a la RDR 2. They ruined that game for the multiplayer piece. I never even finished that game. 

Kaz32 likes this

On 10/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, PoppyDee said:

I've seen three reviews on this game. Two said it was brilliant and worth getting past the 10 hour intro to get to the good stuff. One wasn't kind at all. What I care about is that none of them mentioned microtransactions,  macrotransactions, or season passes. I've never really been a Kojima fan and this game probably isn't something that looks interesting to me. But, I am a fan of single player RPG campaigns with a good story. I am definitely going to buy this game just to support the genre. It's a dying breed. It's easier, cheaper, and they have a formula to make a multiplayer, always connected game and monetize every facet of it. What I'd like is a 50 hour Star Wars single player intergalactic campaign, maybe spanning the first six movies. But, as long as EA has the rights from Disney, it will never see the light of the day. I read that such a game was in development, but they squashed it because they want a Star Wars title ready with the next gen consoles. So, I don't care if they call this game a walking simulator, boring, or a piece of junk. I am going to support it. As long as they don't destroy the game by adding a multiplayer component to it and remove features and graphical content away from the original campaign, a la RDR 2. They ruined that game for the multiplayer piece. I never even finished that game. 

Well said! 👍

Well, I played the game for 3 days straight already, and yep, this game is definitely not for everyone. It's one of those "transport cargos from a to b" game, but with a lot more emphasis on managing how much cargo you want strapped to your back, with ghosts + bandits to fight along the way. You spend the first 10 hours of the game walking because you don't have a vehicle, but it's not until chapter 3 when you can finally get a vehicle & see the magic of this game. I have never been so happy seeing a highway in a game before, and the great feeling when you build a zipline that makes you travel really fast from mountains to mountains. The multiplayer component is part of the experience, and it's so good to have other people's structures helping you travel across rough terrains. You won't meet other players, but you can use their buildings, and you yourself can build buildings that can help other players playing this game.

Chapter 4 is the turning point of the game. That is when shit turns from good to "ok, this is is awesome".