• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Moonlight Warrior

What franchise needs to DIE???

236 posts in this topic

Fifa games

Cod games

BF games (unless they decide to make 2143)

Street Fighter if Capcom is not even going to release a 5th installment they should just let it die.

Assassins Creed, for Games.

Law and Order, for Tv Shows.

Transformers, for Movies. (They want to make another trilogy off Transformers 4. Just know when they can't milk this anymore, Ninja Turtles are next. You been warn fans.)

Sonic. I agree with Yahtzee on taking Sonic out back and shooting him in the back of the head.

Battlefield/Diablo/Fable

Resident evil, Assassins creed, Final fantasy (mainly sequels nobody wanted) and any game series released annually!!  Most franchises (not all) that go past 3 or 4 games generally deteriorate in quality, some too afraid to make any significant changes in fear they'll lose all their moneys.

Battlefield/Diablo/Fable

Gotta disagree with you on Diablo, personally I'm still loving it. However the other two need to be destroyed in fire along with CoD.

The COD franchise, it needs to stop inmediately, reboot it, or do something new with it, but its already been overexploited. And btw, come on guys, one thing is to wish the franchises to die off and another thing is doing death wishes to characters. For example, really? pulling Sonic out and shooting him in the back of the head? Gross man, Gross... 

(Insert title here) Simulator

i.e. goat simulator, auto mechanic simulator, farming simulator, etc

call of duty by far they do nothing new with the new ones

Game that get release every year. It a 60$ update/map pack most of the time.

If they slow down the production for those game, they would be better.

(but Corporate Commander wouldn't accept that)

Call of Duty definitely, people only play it because they've grown comfortable with it and it's established. They have DLC set aside on release date. Whats really lame is how the game sucks people into buying DLC just to keep up with friends until they've paid the same price for the actual game. I know I'm not the only one sick of any first person game being compared to call of duty. Also this is more of a personal problem but don't be black and open your mouth in game chat... it's not a pleasant experience.  

Call of Duty definitely, people only play it because they've grown comfortable with it and it's established. They have DLC set aside on release date. Whats really lame is how the game sucks people into buying DLC just to keep up with friends until they've paid the same price for the actual game. I know I'm not the only one sick of any first person game being compared to call of duty. Also this is more of a personal problem but don't be black and open your mouth in game chat... it's not a pleasant experience.  

God that's awful. People can be such idiots hiding behind a keyboard or controller.

Welcome to the AJSA by the way. A gaming community can be a great way to avoid that stuff.

likes this

Final fantasy and sonic.

It pains me to say final fantasy too because it was one of my fave franchaises growing up, But over the years square or enix made new ones that are great like secret of mana, valkyrie profile, etc... But they let those names rot as they churn out more final fantasy over and over... would they decide to pay attention to their other RPG titles like valkyrie profile if final fantasy vanished? maybe not, but I don't think it would hurt.

I doubt sonic is doing anything like preventing PSO2 from getting its western release or whatever, but I'm sick of people acting like there's exciting news coming from sega only to hear it's something sonic-related... ugh.

Sonic, Battlefield and all the Simulator games.

Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon: Both got rapped by Ubisuck beyond recognition. It is not that I don't like games like Vegas or Siege, but they are NOT Rainbow 6 games. Also the current garbage that tag with Ghost Recon brand. I think the closest game that remind me of the original Ghost Recon is Insurgency.

--------------------------------------------

Need for Speed: Some how EA has lost ability to make good racing game. EA had been a waste of "exclusive Porsche license" on ALL platform for the last 2 decade!!

---------------------------------------------

BF: Hardline: It just doesn't work. I rather play Payday or GTA 5 online if i want to play a thief/robber game.

Funny you mention racing games... I like them to some extent but I think the entire genre is kinda stagnant here. They never evolve or improve beyond better graphics and claims of realistic handling, which is obscene since GT and Forza have claimed real racers cant tell the difference since like their 2nd sequel.

CoD

Halo

Forza

Mario games that nintendo keepa rehashing cause they cant make new games.

The Sims

Maybe assassin's creed

Call of Duty, nuff said.

-Final Fantasy

-Destiny

-Dynasty Warriors

-Metal Gear

-All future Telltale games

-Resident Evil

-Pokemon

-Konami (I know they are a company, but they desperately need to go the way of the dinosaur)

-Half-Life (yeah, I said it!)

- CoD (should have ended after MW1)

- Halo (should have ended after Halo 3 or at least after Halo Reach)

- Need for Speed (should have ended after the first Hot Pursuit 2010)

- Final Fantasy (should have ended after FF XII)

- The Sims (should have ended after Sims 3)

- Sim city (should have ended after Sim City 4)

- Rainbow Six (should have ended after Rainbow Six Vegas)

- FIFA (should have ended after it trurned into a "Gold Card unboxing Simulator")

- NBA (like FIFA)

- Mortal Kombat (should have ended after MK9)

None, you dont like something, dont buy it. Simple as that.

COD is a great game if everyone is buying it.

likes this

PREACH WELL BROTHER PREACH WELL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MAY THE CORPORATE NEVER DIE!

I don't disagree with this but my reasons for picking final fantasy/sonic aren't because I don't like them, it's because I like what their companies are capable of, and wish they wouldn't spend their resources on those names when they have other good IPs going to waste.

Raspharus likes this