• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

mynameisbyf

Destiny: Just another shooter, or something revolutionary

40 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone. I just wanted some opinions.

As someone who is highly invested in destiny and has a presence in the community press scene for the game I have an exceedingly biased opinion. In the knowledge of this I wanted to ask what everyone's thoughts are on the game. 

Is it a big next step in the FPS genre with matchmaking on the fly, 3 weapons and a huge variety of player abilities or is it just another shooter, made by bungie so arguably a very good one, but nothing that will cause a revolution.

thoughts?

right now it is hard to tell because they only shown a bit of gameplay and trailers  but of the looks its AWSOME! if they don't screw it up it could be someting revolutionary.

Too soon to say if it'll be revolutionnary or not.
I have faith in Bungie, they can make really good games. But, from the videos I've seen, it feels like... a bit Haloish. Mostly in the movements, the way characters run and shoot. Maybe they kept some things from Halo Reach/4 or maybe I'm wrong, but from the videos, I do feel like I'm seeing Halo 4 so far.

Nasty Note likes this

I can't really say anything about Destiny being something revolutionary until the game is in my machine being played

i dont think its revoltionary. theres a few co op shooters out already. the way they are doing it i guess you can say it is.

It will probably fall somewhere in between. Nothing revolutionary, but certainly not a generic shooter either. 

hard to tell

but i have confidence in Bungie that they will accomplish something great

i understand people being scared of this new ambition but they planned Destiny even before Halo so i have strong confidence that Destiny will be a success, however you want to put it

i preordered it just a few hours ago because Bungie are one of the top respected developers in all of the gaming industry and they never let me down, therefore i trust them

I think it is most certainly is revolutionary in my opinion

From the first gameplay it kinda looks like it's gonna be a cross between Halo and Borderlands. It's one of the next gen titles that I'm really looking forward to, I can't wait to get it and dig in to it, but I know it's still quite a ways off.

Chunterg likes this

I think it's going to be revolutionary. Bungie and Halo put Microsoft and their Xbox on the map, so obviously Bungie has a pretty good resume. I like what I've seen of Destiny so far, and I think it's going to be something that takes the gaming world by storm.

i'm hoping it is revolutionary... but things that will come into play that always kills good shoots if not ready at launch are log in time, ranking systems, and weapon progression. i've seen fps fall cuz these three things aren't completely ready at launch or fixed with in the first 2 months 

It has a ton of potential we just have to wait and see but early predictions I would say its gonna be epic

Well, it's Bungie. That probably answers the question for everyone.

With Halo they revolutionized FPS. Since Combat Evolved, FPS games have gotten waaaaaaaaaay more online-orientated. And given this is Bungie's first focused effort into creating an online-centred game, I'd expect some future online games to take some tips from Destiny.

I am very excited for Destiny. I love the RPG elements, the unique and interesting weaponry, and the focus on cooperation when playing with friends. In a way, it reminds me of Borderlands but something about this title just connects with me more. If Bungie pulls this off, they could definitely influence the industry in the same way that they did when Combat Evolved launched. Destiny is definitely on my radar and I am very excited to get this game in my hands when it launches.

I think it'll be revolutionary, I have plenty of faith in bungie. I just wish they would put out some more gameplay.

Depends on a lot of factors. Such as how similar it is to Halo/Borderlands, if it has the typical mmo grind problems, varieties of enemies, stability, if the controls are tight, if the guns feel fun to use, I could go on for hours. From what I've seen, it looks good, but not exactly what I'd consider revolutionary.

As someone who likes a good single player campaign in a shooter it will be great to see an FPS where the two game modes are not mutually exclusive. I can't really think of any other games that achieve this? If Destiny can, then yes it will be revolutionary!!

BanksyCharlie

Like many others have said before me, its kinda early to tell. I'm just glad Bungie moved on from Halo, in my opinion.
Because they seem more eager then ever with this Project. They seemed to get tired of the Halo franchise, and for me who has played Halo for all the years, it felt somehow stale at Halo: Reach. Even though I liked it.
I'm excited for Destiny and I HOPE its revolutionary in forms of how players interact with each other, gameplaywise and I hope Destiny will have its own unique feel about it.
Hope to see ya'll in Destiny, Cheers :)

Well its from the Bungie the company that made Halo so I expect nothing but greatness from them.