• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

The Game Awards 2019 has passed. Once again, this show is better than the Oscars.

4 posts in this topic

Man, 2019 flies by fast, and it's time for the upcoming Game Awards. Only this year, the nominations are...... let's say questionable. Some I actually have good opinion towards, others not so much.

First off, look at these 3 back to back nominations

Best Game Direction

Control (Remedy/505 Games)

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions/SIE)

Resident Evil 2 (Capcom/Capcom)

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (FromSoftware/Activision)

Outer Wilds (Mobius Digital/Annapurna)

Best Narrative

A Plague Tale: Innocence (Asobo/Focus Home)

Control (Remedy/505)

Disco Elysium (ZA/UM)

The Outer Worlds (Obsidian/Private Division)

Best Art Direction

Control (Remedy/505)

Gris (Nomada Studio/Devolver)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (Simogo/Annapurna)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Grezzo/Nintendo)

Death Stranding is guaranteed to win them all, which is, well, fair play. The other nominations don't stand a damn chance. But come now, why doesn't Kingdom Hearts 3 get nominated for best art direction? The amount of visual variety of the Disney worlds there are incredible, and Frozen + Tangled especially are so good that they look better than the film versions!

Best Score/Music

Cadence of Hyrule (Brace Yourself Games/Nintendo)

Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom)

Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (Simogo/Annapurna)

Where the hell is Ace Combat 7? That game has the best soundtrack of the fucking year! Though I want Devil May Cry 5 to win. Silver Bullet is epic, though Kingdom Hearts 3 also had great songs. Death Stranding is most likely going to win though, especially because the game has this

Best Performance

Ashly Burch as Parvati Holcomb, The Outer Worlds

Courtney Hope as Jesse Faden, Control

Laura Bailey as Kait Diaz, Gears 5

Mads Mikkelsen as Cliff, Death Stranding

Matthew Porretta as Dr. Casper Darling, Control

Norman Reedus as Sam Porter Bridges, Death Stranding

Parvati is a nice surprise. I like her cause she's so adorable & kind. But................ really? Kait Diaz from Gears 5? What about Die Hardman from Death Stranding?? The one scene near the end of the game have him acting his damn heart out! If anything Norman Reedus should be replaced with him. Norman acts the same way for 90% of the entire game with his same low gravely voice!

That said, Mads Mikkelsen deserves to win. He's freaking awesome in the game.

Best Action Game

Apex Legends (Respawn/EA)

Astral Chain (Platinum Games/Nintendo)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward/Activision)

Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom/Capcom)

Gears 5 (The Coalition/Xbox Game Studios)

Metro Exodus (4A Games/Deep Silver)

DMC 5. Hands down that game is going to win. If Modern Warfare wins, well I can sort of see why because the campaign is pretty cool this year, but if Gears 5 wins I will be very upset.

Best Action/Adventure Game

Borderlands 3 (Gearbox/2K)

Resident Evil 2 Remake (Capcom)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Grezzo/Nintendo)

If Sekiro doesn't win, I will be very sad, but I am afraid that it won't win.

Best RPG

Disco Elysium (ZA/UM)

Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)

Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix)

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Capcom)

I hope Disco Elysium will win, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is a good alternative, even though that game should've been under the Action Adventure category.

Best Fighting Game

Dead or Alive 6 (Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo)

Jump Force (Spike Chunsoft/Bandai Namco)

Mortal Kombat 11 (NetherRealm/WBIE)

Samurai Showdown (SNK/Athlon)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Bandai Namco/Sora/Nintendo)

Wow....... they actually put Jump Force instead of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid....... these guys fucked up BAD

This though is the biggest red flag of the entire nominations

Game of the Year

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Bandai-Namco/Sora/Nintendo)

Resident Evil 2 Remake (Capcom/Capcom)

WHY ISN'T DMC 5 HERE?? That game should win the award easy! Sekiro is my pick, but it's highly likely that Death Stranding is going to win. Which is, well, gonna piss a lot of people off. I actually don't mind because the game is actually a really good delivery simulator, with great moments sprinkled in. If the game actually tone down the delivery & make the sidequests actually memorable instead of just delivering the same packages over and over to outposts until you max out their meter, I would actually be more ok with it.

Shame that Judgment isn't on this year. That game should at least get a nomination for action adventure & narrative, but it can't be helped I suppose. This year's award is pretty much guaranteed to be a Death Stranding showcase, though to be fair, it IS pretty much an award bait game, like how the Academy Awards have award bait films despite the films being ok. Next year though, I want Cyberpunk 2077 to dominate the award. 

Well, the award just happened:

And I am SO GLAD that it's not a Death Stranding showcase. I thought for sure that game will win a lot of awards, but thankfully the right games won. That game deserves best direction, music & Mads Mikkelsen best performance, and I am annoyed that best performance is just on the sideline like that. URRGHH, I wanna see him on stage!

AND OMG SEKIRO WINS GOTY & BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME! HELL FUCKING YES, THE WORLD IS ON THE RIGHT PATH! I still want DMC 5 to be in that game of the year list but STILL SEKIRO FUCKING WINS!!

While the announcements are mostly ok, we still got great announcements. Hellblade 2, Wolf among us 2 which I never thought I would see, Ghost of Tsushima, THIS

AWESOME. Last year was better since it has God of War "read it boy" & MK 11's announcement, but this year was actually good. Well done Game Awards, once again you pick the right winners & are not as bad as the oscars! 

Aren't all these awards just advertising-nonsense? Just to give a change to put "GOTY" stickers before holiday season sales.

Shouldn't they wait that all this year's games would be even released before choosing nominees? It feels like small niche games and genres doesn't have a change no matter how excellent the games would be.

They did this every year & unfortunately, it hasn't changed. Which is weird since every year the award gets better and better with their announcements & awards, so you'd think that they will eventually realize "hang on, I think we should give games on December a chance at the award". Though to be fair, December's lineup this year are pretty much dead. Some indie games here and there, but they're not likely to be hidden gems of the year.

Well, the award just happened:

And I am SO GLAD that it's not a Death Stranding showcase. I thought for sure that game will win a lot of awards, but thankfully the right games won. That game deserves best direction, music & Mads Mikkelsen best performance, and I am annoyed that best performance is just on the sideline like that. URRGHH, I wanna see him on stage!

AND OMG SEKIRO WINS GOTY & BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME! HELL FUCKING YES, THE WORLD IS ON THE RIGHT PATH! I still want DMC 5 to be in that game of the year list but STILL SEKIRO FUCKING WINS!!

While the announcements are mostly ok, we still got great announcements. Hellblade 2, Wolf among us 2 which I never thought I would see, Ghost of Tsushima, THIS

AWESOME. Last year was better since it has God of War "read it boy" & MK 11's announcement, but this year was actually good. Well done Game Awards, once again you pick the right winners & are not as bad as the oscars!