• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

GAMES BEATEN BY THE AJSA (2020)

54 posts in this topic

Game: Gyossait: Deluxe Edition

Platform: PC

Play Time: ~45 mins

I remember playing the creepy Flash game Gyossait back when it appeared on Newgrounds in 2011, but I never actually finished it. Well, apparently the game was re-released on itch.io and was on sale for 100% off, so I seized the opportunity and grabbed it. The main thing Gyossait has going for it is the atmosphere: the art style, sound design and music all come together and create a distinct overall aesthetic that, in my honest opinion, outdoes most indie horror games. The gameplay is extremely simplistic but works well in the game's favor, with relatively few gameplay mechanics. The overall experience is only brought down by two things: the floaty controls and the disappointingly short length.

Rating: 4 / 5

90) Uncharted 4

Platform: PS4

It's Uncharted 4, and as awesome as it was before. After playing all 3 remaster back to back, this game shines even brighter when it shows just how much improved the gameplay & graphics are. The E3 chase sequence is still freaking awesome to do, and even though the first time I played this game I'm not that much of a fan with Sam especially because of the thing that happened in the middle of the game, in the end he's just trying to honor his mom's last unfinished business. Still think the whole game could've been avoided if Nathan just tells Elena the truth about Sam since the beginning of the game & it'll end with less drama.

Favorite part in the entire game is definitely the part where you play the original PS1 Crash Bandicoot. I retried the level so many times just to beat Elena's high score, but it's just not possible. Not until the second time you play it in the game's epilogue that is. And wouldn't you know it, Crash 4 is coming soon. Damn what a perfect timing to play this game right at the announcement!

91) Last of Us Part 2

Platform: PS4

Despite this game not worthy of getting the 10 out of 10s because of the story based problems it has, especially that one sex scene 20 hours into the game that still haunts me, I really like this game, but I suspect Joe will make a very2 angry review in these coming days & probably give this game either a 6 or 7 just like he did with Destiny or Rome Total War 2. If that's the case, it's too bad there's not going to be a music skit similar to the Fox song on Rome Total War 2 because of music copyright. That gag makes me laugh so hard. Eh, that's how it is sometimes. 🤷‍♂️

92) Mosquito Must Die

Platform: iPhone

It's a game where you hit as many mosquitos as you can before you miss a couple of times. As you kill a bunch of them, you'll unlock new backgrounds, like having the background be egypt themed, or bar themed, or wild west themed. The difference between these are the game over scenes which are ok, but I was hoping for more crazy stuff. Eh, at least the game's free.

93) Faeria

Aha, now THIS is a pretty cool game. It's like Heartstone (oh how far Blizzard has fallen) but instead of the game being played by just placing units & abilities based on your cards and have them attack the other team, this game is much more territory-based. 

Switch-Faeria-01.jpg

In this game you have to create platforms first which will lead you to the enemy player. And you place your units on the platform that you have created & have them move to kill the enemy hero. This game is more about blocking the opponent's way to your hero while having your own unit spawn near the enemy location, and it's WAYYY more fun than it was in Heartstone. Not because it's more territorial based, but because the units are balanced & no such bullshit like "have a unit that will annihilate every other unit on screen" like Heartstone had with their bullshit cards. Some unit can only be spawned on the right field. Water pond for water based units, forest platform for nature units or desert platform for earth based units. You can experiment on your own & pick the right units that suits your playstyle, and watch them destroy the enemy units with ease. Check this game out if you want an alternative to Heartstone or any similar card-based game.

94) Tomorrow Never Dies

Platform: PS1

Ahhhhh, the childhood memories. This was my first 007 game when I had the PS1. The intro still hype me up for the stuff up ahead in the game.

Playing it back now though, wooooooowwwwwwwwww. This game is fucking jank as hell. I played the game on recruit back then, but at the end the game gives me a "now try the game on 00 agent difficulty to get the ending". So now I go up to 00 agent difficulty. And holy crap, the game not only gets a lot harder, but it's harder in an unforgiving bullshit way. Enemies shoot you WAYYY too fast. Strafing doesn't work because they'll just immediately fire at you while you keep on missing shots, even though the game is on autoaim against the enemies. You have the option to manual aim which turns the game first person, but it's SO. GODDAMN. SLOW. So slow that by the time you aim at an enemy, they will kill you first. So the best way to play the game and survive is to play the long range game. But most of  the stages takes place in a lot of tight corridors where enemies will come out of whatever secret door they're hiding in and end you. A couple of stages even have enemies that infinitely respawn so you're definitely on shit's creek when it happens. Fighting the bosses are pretty simple though, except the helicopter. All you do to win is to immediately aim for their head in first person and shoot them over and over and over again. Watch as their health bar go from 100 down to 0 and laugh as they keep on having seizures. While hearing the kickass 007 remix.

The game thankfully breaks up the shooting with minigames. Skying, destroying stuff with a fighter jet, destroying cars with your pimped BMW, and at one point deciphering a passcode by pressing random square x circle triangle button until you get the right combination. It's definitely has shown it's age.

This is also probably the only 007 game where you actually play as someone other than James Bond for the main mission. In the second to last mission, you get to play as Michelle Yeoh's character Wai Lin. Unfortunately the only difference with her in gameplay is her stealth attack, which you will probably never use anyway unless you're lucky and an enemy is not looking straight towards you, which is a bummer. And she has to fight the most annoying boss in the game: HELICOPTER. And you can beat this thing by keeping your distance and shooting at the sky when the helicopter's not in full view because the draw distance of this game is ASS. If it's in full view, the thing will blow your ass away.

What do you get for beating this game on 00 agent difficulty? Just a short recap of all the previous missions in the game with mission complete & a song at the end. As seen here.

Yes, the game is only 1 hour 30 minutes long if you managed to get through it without dying too much & restarting a mission......... holy crap, I remember this game took me forever to beat when I played this game for the first time. And that's because I keep on dying a lot, and one time I got completely stuck in mission 4. You're supposed to open this painting's secret safe, but the game doesn't tell you what to do. Do you shoot the painting completely with bullets? Do you move the painting? NO. You have to know to go to an office cabinet that's in a specific spot & push that thing to open it.............. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?

In short, this game made me realize that Syphon Filter is an infinitely better game with similar controls because it has WAY more variety & missions to do. Might need to go back to that classic game. ;) 

95) Feather - Social Zen Bird Flight

Wow.......ok so............... I'm pretty sure you guys know Joe's reaction when a game has a short length.

That time Joe mentioned that when he immediately turned on the game, he beat the game? IT FINALLY HAPPENED.

I immediately beat this game I just played as soon as I hit play. I am not joking. I immediately get the only achievement in the game for just starting to play the game & it says thank you for playing............................... THEY DID IT! THEY BROKE THE DAMN RECORD FOR SHORTEST GAME OF ALL TIME!! IT'S TIME TO DANCE AND CELEBRATE!!

So what's next after that? What does the game actually offer? Well, it's a game where you play as a bird and explore a small island, but the more correct way to describe the game is that it's an interactive music player. As you explore this island, you can travel through some spheres to change your bird species, or travel to other spheres to change the game's background music while you look around at the various architectures, mountains & plants. You can play the game with other players and make bird noises with them, but that's about it. It's pretty relaxing and the songs are really nice though. 

I knew about this game last year when I went to this comicon convention in my city for one of the Dragonball FighterZ tournament. One of the booths there have this game on demonstration and the dev team was there for me to chat with. Turns out they made another game I played called Screencheat, a game where you kill other players by literally screen cheating

I asked them about whether or not the game has a story, and they said "there is, but you have to play the game and find out"....... 

Good thing I got this game as part of a cheap game bundle, or else I will have wasted $14.50. Though I would immediately ask for a refund if I did buy it. Thanks Steam refund!

96) Dark Souls 3: complete edition

Since Demon Souls is going to get a remake on PS5, I felt like celebrating the occasion by replaying this gem. Unfortunately since this game doesn't support cloud saving & I switched my gaming laptop, I have to replay the entire game from scratch........ but that's fine because this game's fucking awesome & I would love to replay the game all over again anyway!

It's quite a different feeling playing this game again after playing Sekiro all this time. I had to forget about jumping & stealth killing all the time and just go ham against enemies and go back and forth with attacking them. And oh yes, had to get used to being invaded by other players because souls be like that. Other than that, once it all settles in, it's back to boss slaying Souls work once again. The Ringed City final boss is still so damn good to fight that I just prolong my fight with him as long as I can before I defeat him. Thankfully this time I made sure to have a backup save file for all the boss fights that I really like so that I can fight them over and over again. HAH, take THAT no cloud save!

97) Bloodroots

This game is another one of those Hotline Miami "kill everyone while you avoid being killed since you die in one hit" kind of game. This time you play as a very angry bearded man with a wolf hat that got left for dead by his own crewmen and is on to get his payback.

Love the music & artstyle. Most weapons have 3 uses to them and the fun of the game is to switch weapons constantly to rack up the style points & get a high rank in each missions. Shame there's no character skills or upgrades to unlock, but it's still fun. That is until the end of the game happen and get this:

Spoiler

it's all just a dying dream of the main character after he gets betrayed by his crew for being a nutjob that kills civilians for no reason. So either the whole game did happen, he got his revenge and died in the snow, or everything is just a dying dream he had and none of what happened in the game happen...................... URRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good thing I used my Epic Games coupon to get this game for only $5 or else I would be even more pissed at the end. WHY YOU DO THIS GAME???

Game: Her Story

Play Time: 1.6 hrs

For once, I'm at a loss for words as to how I felt about Her Story. All I found myself doing in this "game" was half-mindlessly typing words into a search box and watching a bunch of video clips - there's no actual gameplay to speak of here. I didn't even pay much attention to the story. I guess there's some sense of enjoyment to be gotten from filtering all of the useless bullshit and actually putting it together, but honestly, Her Story has a chance to become incredibly tedious unless you know what to look for. It certainly did for me.

Not giving this one a rating yet, but I might do when/if I play it some more.

On 12/07/2020 at 2:20 AM, Madfinnishgamer38 said:

Game: Her Story

Play Time: 1.6 hrs

For once, I'm at a loss for words as to how I felt about Her Story. All I found myself doing in this "game" was half-mindlessly typing words into a search box and watching a bunch of video clips - there's no actual gameplay to speak of here. I didn't even pay much attention to the story. I guess there's some sense of enjoyment to be gotten from filtering all of the useless bullshit and actually putting it together, but honestly, Her Story has a chance to become incredibly tedious unless you know what to look for. It certainly did for me.

Not giving this one a rating yet, but I might do when/if I play it some more.

I made a review of this game when it was released.

It certainly is an interesting way to make a gameplay out of googling. I like having to play something different like this once in a while. B)

98) Enemy Front

This was a game made by the people behind Sniper Ghost Warrior, or Lords of the Fallen. City Interactive, aka an ok game dev that once just made fps shooter games that uses the same game engine for FEAR with just under 2 hours of length for each games. They also once did a pretty interesting point & click mystery game series named Art of Murder. Unfortunately the recent games in that series abandoned the point & click and goes to the most atrocious & soul suckingly dull game genre of them all: HIDDEN ITEM CLICKING GAMES.

Download Hidden Object Games - Art of Murder: Secret Files

IHIHIHIEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!

Ahem. Anyway, Enemy Front. This is what I can see as City Interactive combining all their experience making fps games & put them into one game. It certainly is a fun time, even though it's a pretty generic WW2 story about you a journalist somehow managing to destroy the German military. At first he's only in it so that he can make a good story, but then he found out war's fucked up & decided to help out various people in Europe. 

This game reminded me of really old school Medal of Honor games on PS1. Specifically Underground. 

The only Medal of Honor game with a female protagonist. And it's one of the best games in the series. Oh how Medal of Honor has fallen since then.

You are able to select 1 out of 2 options during various missions which varies your gameplay a little, but not much because in the end you just need a gun to kill every nazis in sight. The game strangely has a stealth gameplay put in, but you will probably never do any stealth in this game because you can just go guns blazing & the game would play just fine. Maybe they're just copy pasted mechanics from Sniper Ghost Warrior. I like a couple of the music in this game, specifically the loading screen before each missions & the song during the mission in France, though the other songs are just ok afterwards. All in all, it's 6 hours of a surprisingly fun time. It's one of the better City Interactive game that's for sure, not saying much since most of their other games are too short or pretty damn glitchy. But it's still a good time.

99) One Way Heroics

A pretty refreshing idea for an action rpg. It starts like any normal rpg with you selecting your characters. But what's different here is that you can select what map you want to be in. After that, the game starts & you have to move to the right of the map constantly because the area to your left will kill you if you're too slow. After that it's just about you leveling up your characters, dying over and over again until you finally kill the demon lord. Time moves when you make a move, so you can safely just stand still to think of your next move, which is what I did a couple of times. 

You also have the ability to stop time to get more breathing room, but also character ability depending on which class you picked in the beginning of the game. When you die, you'll get points that you can use to either unlock new perks, characters, or increase inventory for your "dimensional chest", which is like those boxes in Resident Evil/ Biohazard games, only when you put the items in, you can use it for your next playthrough after death. It's a surprisingly really fun time, and really fast paced so you can beat it under an hour, but expect to die over and over again due to sometimes random super strong enemies that will kill you, or because you had to swim/ climb a mountain but the fog of death catches up with you.

Thankfully you can save your game if you enter an inn with a save progress lady, or if you use a save crystal, and you can continue from then on when you load the game. 

The songs are awesome, and a good way to prepare you for the many deaths ahead.

Best part is there's a lot of characters & perks to unlock, so you can definitely replay the game all over again

100) Rose and Camellia: the Rose Bride of Legend

Platform: iPhone, and an old PC game before this

I stumbled upon this game by chance from a gameranx video, and man, am I glad I did. This is like Punch Out, only with girls slapping the shit out of each other. I mean......... that's a damn good and simple concept that I'm surprised I haven't seen it until now!

You fight increasingly more ridiculous women in a battle to become the head of the family that your recently deceased husband belongs to. 5 of them in fact. And the best part is in this game you can do a hundred slap combo if you managed to not get hit by the other fighter I mean other bitches I mean other slappers. Yes, you can do this to them.

And when you beat them this way, the women will be flown so hard back that their face got stuck to a wall. XD

The iPhone version I played is an updated version of the original game, and the original game is on PC since 2011. Which is made by the same people who made the Indiana Jones esque dungeon crawler La Mulana. Yes, this game

Apparently there are actually sequels to this game, and I want to play them. Let's see how crazy things will get.

101) HopBound

Platform: iPhone

Man....... this game's dark.

At first this game looks like another typical endless runner parkour game. But then as soon as you play the game for 2 minutes, things get fucking dark. Holy shit does it get messed up. I will not spoil it, but it's kind of like Pony Island where you find WAYYY more than what you're getting. And I love it! Definitely an underrated hidden gem for the iPhone, even if the controls are quite slippery & you will die many2 times.

102) Devolverland Expo

After seeing the Devolver Digital press conference & they showed this, I just had to play it. And it's essentially a pretty cool multi advert showcase for upcoming games. The story's that you stumbled upon the Devolver Digital E3 convention center or something, and the whole place is completely abandoned because of well, corona. So you are free to check out the many game trailers the place has! But watch out for the robots & alarm lasers. Good thing you're equiped with a Devolver nerf cannon thing that you get at the start of the game to disable robots & even unlock securities. The bummer is there's so many games, and there's a bunch of consoles that has the games, BUT YOU CAN'T PLAY THEM. There's even a Serious Sam 4 & Shadow Warrior 3 booths with weapons obviously on display, some are even spinning, SPINNING I TELL YA, but you can't use any of them. URGHHHHH, WHY YOU TEASE ME LIKE THIS GAME??

During the game, you can find collectibles for 3 games that are unannounced, and when you collect them all, you'll get a new screen at the end of the game that gives you screenshots of those 3 games. Not much, but it's still cool that you get to see what's next.

103) Remnant: From the Ashes

I had been eyeing this game for a while ever since people call this Dark Souls but third person shooter. So finally I got this game.

They lied. THIS IS NOT DARK SOULS THIRD PERSON SHOOTER. It is in fact a dungeon crawler roguelike shooter that's more akin to Warframe with a bit of Darksiders. And it's quite appropriate because the dev actually made Darksiders 3, and that's what you call a Dark Souls esque game. To be a Soulslike game, you gotta have the same death mechanics, the same souls for leveling up + buying items & retrieve your lost souls mechanic. So games like Ashen, the Surge, Lords of the Fallen, Code Vein, Mortal Shell, THOSE are what you call a damn Soulslike. 

This game has none of those things, which makes me annoyed that the one who actually started calling this game a Soulslike is IGN. The only thing that this game has that's similar to a Souls game is the rechargeable healing item, the fog walls before fighting bosses & crystals that's a fast travel spot which respawns all enemies when you rest there, but even that bonfire system is not really a Souls game because it existed with hundreds of other games before. And in here it's actually done interestingly because there's crystals that you can fast travel to, but there's also dungeon crystals that give you temporary resting places, so you can't fast travel to those places. You can only go back to the main world hub, and then return to that spot after you get the necessary upgrades before continuing your adventure. 

This game's actually pretty damn awesome when you get past that inaccuracy though. It's a pretty solid looter third person shooter where every weapons feels nice to use. The melee weapons don't use stamina thank God, you only use stamina to run & dodge roll. The name of the game here is to kill enemies, loot scraps which acts as in game currencies & materials off them. Exploring areas & opening treasure chests are also a great way to get scraps + materials, but another way to get good scraps is to destroy breakable objects. Tired of not getting anything from destroying boxes, vases & glass items in other rpgs? Now you can actually get rewards from them!

You get a couple of weapons to discover around the world, and I found out that the best weapons in the game are the laser beam you get from the second world + the flamethrower machine gun you get from the first world's boss. How the world works in this game is quite interesting. The areas and the main boss areas are the same, so in the first, you'll visit earth, second is a post-apocalyptic Mad Max esque planet, third's a swamp and fourth is a jungle. The cool thing though is that many of the layouts are completely randomized, which makes your playthrough different from the walkthroughs on youtube. In these areas, you'll also stumble upon dungeons which are randomized as well, and they have different mini bosses you get to fight, which are pretty much just upgraded elite enemies you will fight throughout your journey. Beating the bosses will give you crafting items which you can then use to create either weapon ability or a special boss weapon, though I only use the "heal yourself for 30 seconds" ability for the entire game because that thing is such a good Godsend. Since these thing acts on cooldowns which is recharged by damaging other enemies, you can use these things infinitely. And that is so damn helpful in this game since your estus equivalent is very limited, though you can buy a lot of "drink a potion and it will restore health every second" drink.

You may be asking "wait, so how on earth can I get all the boss items? Do I have to replay the game in new game plus? And since it's randomized, I can get pretty unlucky and won't ever get the boss item I'm looking for!" And the good thing is you don't have to go to new game plus. There's 2 modes you can do: campaign & adventure mode.

Remnant-From-the-Ashes-Screenshot-2019.09.16-12.49.34.42-1280x720

Adventure mode is the "free roam without needing to reset story progress" mode, so you can go to an area that you want & do those dungeons until you fight all the bosses in that particular area. Best of all, you can adjust the difficulty if you so please. And if you feel the harder difficulties are too much, you can create a new adventure immediately. It's a pretty sweet mode, especially after you beat the campaign mode but don't want to reroll the entire campaign. This is a damn good game & I can't wait to see what's next from the dev, aside from Darksiders 4 that is.

Funny thing with this game's final boss, it has 2 phases. The first phase is like fighting Doc Oc from Spiderman, and the second phase is like fighting Medea from Fate when she does this.

Fate Stay Night - Caster - Lights on Cloak - Cosplay.com | Fate ...

In the second phase, you're teleported to this dark area with a lot of enemies swarming towards you. I thought I had to beat them all to get out of the area to return to the boss, then after 5+ times of dying, finally beating the boss inside this area, only to get confused because the fights keep on repeating itself, turns out I can actually get out of this place at any time by going to a portal. You only need to kill enemies to refill your ammo......................... URHAFAINHFIAUDFBAPDFJAQDAEHFSOJFVOSHFSADFOSJF

But once I found THAT out, the boss becomes really easy & I beat the game. Damn me and my inability to just get out of harms way. DX

Also fun fact, as it turns out, the final boss is actually the main character of an Oculus game named Chronos, made by the same people.

Chronos by Gunfire Games for the Oculus Quest

This game is a surprise sequel to that game after that game's ending. That's a pretty cool connection!

104) Time Crisis: Razing Storm

Platform: PS3

Ahhhhhh, I love me some good rail gun games. This is that one that's about destroying giant robots & plays like Crisis Zone which I mentioned on Gal Gun. And it's a damn good satisfying game to play.

This also comes with it's own PS3 story mode, just like what Time Crisis 4 did. It finally continues the plot of what happened after the arcade game's ending, and it's pretty simple fun. The thing that surprises me the most is how this mode plays out. It's a weird hybrid of fps & Time Crisis, so there's spots around the game where you can take cover & shoot by moving your own PS3 controller down & up, or you can just play the game like a regular fps game. Only difference is that you don't aim down your iron sight, but instead use the directional button to control your cursor to wherever the enemies are on screen. Some weapons with a scope can be zoomed in by pressing X. I tend to use the hiding spots a lot, which makes me wonder why there are no more games like this. I'm down for this kind of way to play a game. Maybe in Time Crisis 5 when it's out.

Also now that I noticed it, the final boss likes to do evil laugh a lot, and he REALLY sounded like Joaquin Phoenix's Joker when he's laughing. Did he got his way of laughing from this game? ?_?

105) Deadstorm Pirates

Platform: PS3

This game...... THIS FUCKING GAME.

It's that game in the arcade that has a steering wheel. I was initially excited that I finally got to play this game. The cast of characters are pretty funny in that aside from the main characters, the other people in the ship crew are just ripoff from Pirates of the Carribean. Then I found out that this game is not meant to be played using a regular PS3 controller, because there's so many times where the game goes to "shoot the enemy weakpoint" minigames, and I can't hit them because the bosses move all the damn time, so I had to die over and over and over again until I got a game over, the game gives more credits because that's how you can get more credits here & do the whole thing over again now with more knowledge on proper cursor placement. Which doesn't help at all when the bosses move like they're the Flash.

Worst enemies in this game: fucking crabs. One of the mission have you use a boat & fight seafood monsters. Including these damn crabs

Deadstorm Pirates 2

Not only are there swarms of these things, but they can't be killed unless they move their claws away. And some of them instantly appear out of nowhere and damage you in an instant!

I was actually able to get to the final boss when I have 6 credits. I used up 5 credits before, and the boss have a lot of cheap attacks that forced me to use the last credit. The boss was on his last healthbar, and then he killed me because he had one of those annoying weakspots that moves really damn fast. So you know what that means: I HAD TO REPLAY THE ENTIRE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN. ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thankfully I finally beat him after that. TAKE THAT YOU BASTARD! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!