• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugoFox

HugoFox

2 posts in this topic

They call me Hugo because I like to write, and Fox because fox chose me. 

I've been playing video games for about 20 years now. But since the video gaming industry changed quite a lot in the time I've been following it. I've stopped playing.

I remember the days when video games were all about the Idea. They were created to enjoy stories, grind your skill, and be as competitive as possible.

Those days are long gone now, with the corporations knocking on every door, video game prices are sky-high, micro-transactions on every corner. Just to make a few more dollars and milk users.

So I dropped video games and I started to do what I love to do other than gaming. Writing. Video games on one hand really messed my life, I've been like an addict to them, but every coin has two sides. 

On the bright side, now I know what the proper video game, in my opinion, needs, what stories are worth playing and my imagination is now off the charts. 

Yes, video games are double edge sword. And everyone must face this truth. 

My goal is to tell the tales of mine, to show people what kind of video games can be, what kind of wonderful stories they can tell. I don't have programming skills, my drawing skills are moderate, and I have no 3D modeling skills ETC. 

All I can do right now is write. Since English is not my first language, I will learn gramma along the way, and then when all my skills are sharpened, I will write every single detail of my video games, I will look for people, Idealistic as I am. And we will change gaming or at least we will die trying.

Welcome. Most of the conversation has moved to the Discord.

I remember the days when video games were all about the Idea. They were created to enjoy stories, grind your skill, and be as competitive as possible

Really depends on what you were playing. A lot of games were fairly simple or easy, even more so when you say you are only going back 20 years as opposed to 30-40, and many of the ones really having your grind your skill were often designed to kill you with profit in mind or just due to random regional changes. And even going back further than 20 years ago reading almost anything about how games were designed and the environments people worked in tended to show they were still heavily profit oriented be that to please higher ups or just because they need to be able to continue to exist.

video game prices are sky-high

I'm not sure what you mean by this they have basically never been cheaper.