• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Themurloc

Firefall (official poll re-request. Now out of Beta)

44 posts in this topic

I'd like to recomend Firefall for an official presence of the angry army, which i think is perfect, given our goal is to make games better, and the game is still in beta, so its a perfect opportunity.

PROS:

-Free to Play

-Army Support (guild/clan/wutevs)

-Very well designed and fun game

-great company that listens to feedback

- New PVP system Introduced. I haven't gotten into it yet, but people are saying its similar to Planetside.

- Fully voice acted missions and quests

- New raid party system implemented (Platoons) As well as some new and upcoming raid content (I haven't looked into those yet and have not heard anyone talking about it so I don't know how it is, but If its anything like the campaign missions and dungeons, it should be something to look forward to.

-Vehicles (They were there before, but now they are more easily accessible upon reaching level 25 and also more widespread)

CONS:

-Buggy due to being in beta. Many bugs were fixed since this was posted, but the latest patch introduced more content (and more bugs) Hopefully these will be fixed by the 29th, which is the game's release date.

-Missing a lot of content due to being in beta. Mostly Fixed

-Small map size (confirmed to be changed)  All Fixed

-Lack of Content (confirmed to be changed) All Fixed

-Less than Stellar Customization (However, still decent customization. Unconfirmed rumors of additional 

customization to be introduced later on.)

-Microtransactions exist, however, only for cosmetic, or convenience items.

-New progression system replaces the old one, which was much more unique and interesting before.

Since it is a less well known game, i've included a link to the game's website for people to learn more about the game

http://www.firefallthegame.com

WarandWin, Lazereye57 and zernex like this

How would it translate if it was added? There's currently no PvP and squads are limited to five.

I'm quite sure army counts are also extremely limited and there's no real "army" thing to do yet.

Too early, I'd think.

I think we should be in this game, the company listens to feedback, so it will change many things, I think we are here to make games better, and if a game that is already fun to play, we can make it better even funnier to play and having a great time doingso so, is a must game for the AJSA.

Themurloc likes this

I think we should be in this game, the company listens to feedback, so it will change many things, I think we are here to make games better, and if a game that is already fun to play, we can make it better even funnier to play and having a great time doingso so, is a must game for the AJSA.

This, ALIENwolve. Besides, most of the big events that require more than 5 people have shared credit for everyone who participates, so you dont really need more than that. Given that one of our goals is to make games better, i think there's no such thing as too early. In fact, the earlier the better. As for the Army member limit, I've been in guilds where there was a member limit, so they had multiple armies, and just had a seperate chat channel for the different sections to communicate with eachother. I've never tried it with firefall, but ill look into whether or not we can do that today, and ill get back to you guys in this topic with my findings.

So i logged on just after i posted that, and a Dev was online talking in zone chat, so i was able to ask him directly instead of having to explore the menus. Apparently, we can't create a new chat channel (at least not currently) so we will have to use a third party program like teamspeak or mumble to connect all the divisions of the army.

edit: the same dev has just told me that the limit on army size is confirmed to be increased later on, but its too early for him to give me a number on that

I have been participating in the Beta for a while now, and I have to say it shows much promise. However, it is incomplete and not ready for a guild of this size in its current form. I'm glad to see that others are interested in pursuing it as a viable option. I've already spoken with a couple GM's as well and they are going through the process of making it guild friendly. Although, that most likely won't be available until the official release. Regardless, for those of you who don't mind participating in the Beta version then hopefully I'll see you on the field.

The game mechanics are so fun in firefall. I played it quite a lot during closed beta. But, it is still missing things to do and a purpose behind those things. Once we can actually move the story forward and they lift the 20 person limit to armies, then this game will start to look more appealing. 

I could run around killing Chosen and doing thumpers all day with no rhyme or reason. I'm just kind of burned out. An Angry Army army is definitely worth pursuing, though. Even if it doesn't start to shine until Red 5 adds more content.

It wouldn't be the only game to be put up to a poll with limited community support. I think at the very least we should establish an unnofficial presence there, and make it a point to create armies with the AJSAa(b, c, d, etc, whatever is available to the person creating the army) tag in them until the cap on army size gets lifted.

That way we can recognize eachother in game and get to know who we will be playing with if an official presence is established

I will go ahead and create AJSAa, but theres a required 5 people to display the tag i think, so anyone who wants to can contact me in game for an invite, if it fills up, ill let you know, so someone can create AJSAb

Been in the beta in over a year.

Though it is a little buggy and currently lack content, i would say this game has a HUGE potential and is one of the best f2p games i have ever played.

Also, made a Topic about it in the ''Other Games'' section that explains a little more in debt about the game.

Though i still recommend visiting the offical website.

been playing since closed beta, seen its ups and downs. one thing i dont understand though is that early in the closed beta there was a small campaign you could do and it slowly introduced you to the map, it was good for beginners! idk why they took it out for the open beta though... way too many people complaining that they have no idea what their doing. besides the bad development choices the game is fun and i support the idea to start a Army in it.

been playing since closed beta, seen its ups and downs. one thing i dont understand though is that early in the closed beta there was a small campaign you could do and it slowly introduced you to the map, it was good for beginners! idk why they took it out for the open beta though... way too many people complaining that they have no idea what their doing. besides the bad development choices the game is fun and i support the idea to start a Army in it.

to my understanding it was removed for the same reason pvp was removed "For an overhaul" they have said that they want to get the pve content squared away before they work on bringing back the pvp, so i think that means we can expect to see that story quest, or something like it, return before pvp does (which i prefer that way, but others prefer pvp so you guys may have mixed opinions on this).

A patch was JUST released for firefall, increasing the Army size cap to 100. I understand this still limits the capabilities of establishing an official presence in the game, but it would be much easier to try now. Just wanted to give this quick update so it can be considered a second time. My first idea is still an option: create many divisions of the angry army to join, we would now be able to seperate the army into fewer fragments.

I haven't played this yet but i'd be more than happy to jump in if people are playing it.

Just a reminder to all the people seeing this who are interested in this game but not in its early stages, the next big milestone patch has just been released, adding a ton of new content, including the first chapter in an episodic storyline

full patch notes can be found here

http://www.firefallthegame.com/patch-notes-for-v081736

I would love it if we could get enough support for this game to establish a real presence there, so I wanted to post any major updates that the game gets here.

this game has been in my eyes for a while then i saw the cash shop and cryed

The cash shop is no reason to be worried about, the only things available there were available before the patch as well, its just now easier to find them all. It has stuff like warpaints, patterns, hats, hairstyles, LGVs, etc.

There are a lot of pay to win games out there that give f2p a bad name, everything you can pay money for in firefall is purely for cosmetic or convenience purposes.

Well, Firefall is out of beta now, and I would love to see the Angry Army establish a presence there!

We will investigate the possibility of supporting Firefall.

Just made a quick edit to the original post's pros and cons in the perspective of the new patch. All the changes made are in yellow

Also to anyone currently playing who is interested: Some more members have joined the unofficial army there, so It's a bit more active, but still rather small. If you want in, just whisper anyone who is online, all members have invitation rights. Also I don't plan on putting together any events in the army or putting in any leadership, as I don't have the leadership skills for those kind of things, so if anyone is interesting in doing these kind of things in the army, I'm perfectly willing to pass leadership.

I haven't played this in quite awhile since the first beta.

I haven't played this in quite awhile since the first beta.

It's a completely different game now. You'll either love it or hate it, but definitely try it.

Thumbs up for a official Firefall AJSA.

I bought a starter pack about a week ago, and have already spent 77 hours in this game. Sure, the quests can become repetetive, but there is so much else to do instead.

Do random Ares missions, crashed thumpers or LGV's, repeat the story missions for some nice XP, or squad up with others and hunt a sweet rich ore vein and call down a thumper to mine it.

Personal Thumpers, meant for 1-2 players are easy to defend.

But call down a Squad Thumper, meant for 2-5 players, and you can expect a challenge when drop pods suddenly crash down around you, and the Meld Chosens swarm out in big numbers.

Its just sooo much fun.

I'll never be able to use a normal pickaxe to gather ore again....

kaialb likes this

Downloading it on Steam now, I've kept my eyes on Firefall for a while now and now that it's out, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully the game is good and if there's an official AJSA guild, then count me in! :D

The game is now officially launched, and is free on steam as well as from their main site seperate from steam. (though I think they should have waited since it's still very buggy)

For anyone looking to join the unofficial army, any member can currently invite you, but the two most active members are myself and DeadeyeDK. You can ask either of us for an invite