• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Vast

Arma 3 **[Poll Added]**

34 posts in this topic

I've played this game myself when I was with DAGR, and it was pretty fun to play this mil-sim with people who knows what they are doing. Making an AJSA mil-sim for Arma 3 will bring more pros to the community and will give a tactical division for players that wants to use military tactics and coodinate well with each other.

Not convencing enough? Watch these videos of the group I used to play with. This is not advertisement since DAGR don't exists anymore.

Links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCn__4REU2o - I was the third one that repelled down from the chinook and took the rear gun position on the left side of the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwG2dsV8hps&list=PL8FCC9C2AE16B1C7C I was handling a machine gun on a truck to the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmGhVN3weE&list=PL8FCC9C2AE16B1C7C I was bringing up the rear and first to die because of an ambushing enemy on the left.

Positive things:

Tons of mods on Armaholic to expand the life of the game and add features.

A lot of vets also supports the game and other friendly clans that could help out.

Missions are highly replayable, with the games editor, anyone can create missions to play on them for either MP, Coop, and Solo.

Negative things:

Performance problems online.

Finding public MP matches takes time, since there is a lot of private servers for other clans.

Lacks developers contents

This game is a beast, and the AJSA should support this beastly game and get involved with the arma community.  I'm hopeing everyone agrees with me.

agree would be fun to play as a big group  :D

It would be fun but running this thing is terrible and many members who do not have a decent system will not be able to play. I have yet to have a stable framerate of 60 at any setting and I have a 770 which should really be fine and high settings. I love playing Arma 3 though and used to play arma 2 all the time with my friend. This could give me a reason to play it more.

I get framerate issues sometimes too, so I just try to change the video setting to atleast minimal, this is a big game and requires a good computer to run it and AJSA will act like a real army in this thing, it's beautiful.

Yoshi Powder likes this

Well, its not going to be playabale for everyone, but im for it.

Although this may be unorthodox, I'm wondering if it may be possible to review the DayZ mod. It's very popular and very fun for anyone who owns Arma 2.

Hello gentlemen my name is Seabass and i have logged over 2,000 hours into Arma 2.

For the past 3 years I have been playing with a tactical gaming group (United Operations)

If Arma is approved for the angry army I would be more than capable of setting up:

(Sever,Server Mods,Server Rules,Server Install, Server Connection, AJSA Mod pack, AJSA Mod pack install guide, ETC. ETC.)

Vast likes this

Hey dude you know what would be cooler? if all of the ones that own Arma have teamspeak and Six Updater. it would be so incredible and more realistic with the communication ( teamspeak and A.C.R.E. mod) and Realism (Project Reality and ACE). it would also be fun. all we have to do is make a specific server for AJSA and put a password so that a hacker won't hack into our private server. We should work together on this Vast!

@BigArk25 For the AJSA to use mods was intentional to try to use mods like ACRE with teamspeak.

Personally, I don't think we would be competitive or need a server or anything. All we really need is a sub forum with it's own calendar. Then we can make our own co-op missions or download off of the internet. Then we figure out who has the fastest internet with the best location so they can host. we then use the calendar, along with the RSVP function to keep track of how many people will be playing so we know what map to get and also when we will have events. 

Then we could also have public events with massive co-op maps, and private events for the team. 

So yeah we need ArmA III

Go Arma! Would be really fun with the AJSA.  Should do Arma 2 OAH or Arma 3.

I would love an organized group for ARMA.

Community content and mods, 100 players. I'm dying for that kind of game.

yeah it doesn't have to be a core game for the website but it would be good to have it on TS and all the people that want to play it can join and we can make a night of it.

That's what i'm saying everyone! Me and Vast agreed to work on this if it gets on polls

@seabassUO Having the United Operations to help out would be really nice.

I see there is another thread just like this one made by 'super googles', so I like to apologize for posting another thread of the same topic.

What is Arma 3?

Arma 3 is a well known Military Sim and former Early Access game for the PC. It has many vehicles and expansive map(s), but its best played with a giant group.

Pros:

Military Sim

Good Squad System

Big Open Maps

Multiple Kinds of Vehicles and Combat Situations

Can be used for Co-Op or for VS/Objective based training. 

Cons:

Player Limit could be a problem (Depends on which server you get)

Bugs (Could be fixed) and Graphics kind of look murky unless you have a decent graphics card

No dedicated leaderboards

No real faction support

I think if you were to use this game for the AJSA, it would be for training and group exercises based on teamwork and discipline. 

I love this game, shame that I can't run it anymore :(