• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orochimaru01

BORDERLAND 2 DLC RETROSPEC

1 post in this topic

So I almost finished the game for the 5th or 6th time (just started Assault on Dragon's Keep again) with a Mechromancer and I was kind of curious what some of the folks here thought of the DLC packs that had been released for it. I'm sure there was a discussion about this somewhere when they were new, but I'm curious about it from a more nostalgic POV now that it's kind of old.

What did you think then and what do you think now? This is my experience based on playing the Handsome Collection PS4 version (Also, if you play through these first two after beating the BL2 story you end up feeling a bit over powered even with the enemies leveled to you and some of the loot just feels worthless. This time around I played it as soon as I picked up the forth weapon deck (Bright Lights, Flying City, about level 17) and it felt a little more challenging with only mid-level weapons.)

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty - I LOVE pirates, always have. When I first got the chance to play this DLC I was very excited and had a good time. But on subsequent playthroughs...well, it's just kind of "OK". Captain Scarlett was a great protagonist and I hope they bring her back, but overall the only thing that I really like about the whole thing now is the treasure room at the end (and being able to loot it twice via quest). The storyline is fun, being a treasure hunt, but kind of lacks the really memorable jokes or banter that makes the main BL2 story so much fun.

Then it was on to https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/...

Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - Ok, this one I LOVE. The pure testosterone and epic levels of "Rated M for Manly" just make this DLC a lot of fun to play...even if the loot payoff is rather lackluster compared to the pirate treasure (but I think they patched it, I got some decent loot this time around). Mister Torgue and Tiny Tina are two of my favorite characters in the series and having them both here just makes me smile . "Real badasses eat chocolate chip cookies! I'm gonna get that tattooed on my back in Old English Font." Admittedly some of the challenges are very annoying for a solo playthough (Beat The Clock and I Thought You'd Be Bigger anyone?) Still, very positive feelings toward this DLC.

After I beat those two I was already level 30 and just breezed through the rest of the normal BL2 story and the Holiday DLCs (don't think I'll mentions those. They're fun, but ultimately just mini raid bosses with average to good loot.) Once Jack was dead it was on to...

Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - This...has so much wasted potential. The setting of a mad scientist in a 1920s -30s era adventure film was exciting...and then they just kind of didn't do anything with it. Most of the quests are a bore (I Like My Monsters Rare, anyone?); the tribal enemies are way overpowered (unless you're already overpowered, eat Unkempt Harold you fricken witch doctors!); the fan boat is a sucky vehicle (I find shock cannon worked the best); and the levels, though very pretty when you look at them, are a pain to get around most of the time. It is mercifully short, but the loot room leaves some things to be desired (for one there is no possible way you can cart all the stuff away and have to pick and choose your haul).

And last that leaves...