• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cobracarl

Mechwarrior Online

52 posts in this topic

Hi. I startet this topic because i want to know if there is anyone who is playing Mechwarrior online.

I'm playing it alot lately and i think it is the best mechgame out there.

What do you guys think of it?

TheCrazedTortes likes this

i love it!  through alot of time and ALOT of credits i have found myself as a avid catapult user.

if you want to lance up, hit me up. my MW name is thecrazedtortes.

cobracarl likes this

I have recently Started playing MWO. I am currently loving it and Looking to play with ppl my IGN is Ziosda Zegalos.

I have been playing A catapult K2 looking forward to buy others, Jenner F aswell and my fav is my misery stalker!

cobracarl likes this

Hell yes! My name in the game is brigins.

Although my computer has shown it might not be up to the task fo heavy play. But I will plegde me Atlas to you brother!

cobracarl likes this

Yeah I quite like it, I sort of go through stages of playing it for a couple of weeks non stop then put it away for a few months. Looking very forward to clan and ranking systems etc. I usually go for the Atlas....as you can tell.

Man did anyone see that sick prototype joystick rig for this game. I would throw all my money at that thing.

Hey, I have sent you guys an invite. So maybe we can fight some battles together.

My in -game-name is cobracarl.

I am playing it

the name is Aelsang and I even bought (and modded) a commando so far: endo steel, ferro-fribrous, DHS, 2strek-2 and the one medium laser + added some armor as well

cobracarl likes this

Man did anyone see that sick prototype joystick rig for this game. I would throw all my money at that thing.

I have seen it. Looks nice, but a liitle too bulky for my desk.

For anyone who doesnt know that thing:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/05/razer-artemis-is-a-custom-keypadjoysticktablet-peripheral-for-mechwarrior-online/

what house did you all choose?

I chose Davion, as I like hanse davion more than what came after with his idiot children. Kurita would have been a good second choice, as they have Ninju Kerai Indahar & of course Omi Kurita. Steiner was ok until they merged with Davion, so that would be third choice for me

what house did you all choose?

I chose Davion, as I like hanse davion more than what came after with his idiot children. Kurita would have been a good second choice, as they have Ninju Kerai Indahar & of course Omi Kurita. Steiner was ok until they merged with Davion, so that would be third choice for me

I don't fight for any of these noble houses. I'm fighting just for fun and money, so i'm with the mercs.

I've been playing MWO like crazy for over a year now, I kinda love the battletech lore...  My 'mech lab is full and i'm ready to lance up.

I've been playing MWO like crazy for over a year now, I kinda love the battletech lore...  My 'mech lab is full and i'm ready to lance up.

whats your pilot name??

Well I played the previous Mechwarrior video games, but not the tabletop. I've seen the Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe vs the World Mechwarrior Online match and it seemed very fun!

After the tactics game and the MWO Livestream of Total Bisquit and Joe I was sold, I may have no experience with the Battletech lore or games beyond MWO but now i got a small fortune in this game and got several kinds of mechs ready for Lance work. My ingame name is SideShot and I can reliably pilot any class of mech but i am more experienced with mediums like the Shadowhawk or Blackjack and heavies like the Orion or the Catapult as a Brawler.

Also I'm curious, what do you name your mechs? i named my Raven RVN-3L "Darkwing RVN" and my Centurion "Min-Maximus" for example.

I play it, on and off (depending on mood), I only have 3 Atlases, tho'. No light, medium or heavy mechs. Just 3 Atlases.
I'm a "Founder", paid enough to pick a Founder's Atlas lol...and just kept buying Atlases. If the hero Atlas had a paint scheme I liked, I'd have gotten it.

As for which House I picked: Kurita. I always liked 'em, back when I was still into reading Battletech stuff (played very little of the tabletop, but not for lack of wanting to). Steiner's interesting, tho', but I'm still iffy about 'em 'cause of the FedCom Civil War.

If the Clans are introduced, I'd probably pick Clan Diamond Shark. :)

Hmm. Never really thought about naming my mechs. It'll probably be something stupid like "Basher" and "Stomper" or the like, tho'. :P

Oh, and I'm also "gotthammer" in MWO. :)

Things that I think can make MWO better: a campaign/single-player or co-op mode, preferably one that affects your overall MWO experience. I loved Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries. The "illusion" of choice and freedom to choose contracts was nice. What would be better, tho', would be something like Mechwarrior 1's Inner Sphere map thing which allowed you to travel to a lot more planets (again, it's all an "illusion", but a welcome one).

Support and/or non-mech vehicles would be nice, too: tanks, hovercraft, aircraft, etc. would be nice to see (I recall liking a merc. company that primarily used armor/tanks, and, if memory serves, didn't even have mechs)

I also play it on and off and like it. I have been playing MW games since 2 mercenaries and sometimes I wish MWO would have become the single player game it was designed for at the beginning. The matches itself do make a lot of fun but grinding for C-Bills is annoying as hell and takes ages. Buying a hero mech is way too expensive, same goes for costum colors.

i play it sometimes when i wana lul around in my 4xmg lolcust but not that often

Its a disaster. Retards in PGI literally sucking money from Battletech fans. Now they are selling clan mechs packs with zero info about them and you will get them 6 months later -   http://mwomercs.com/clans

Give us 500$ Hypnotoading:

become a Gold Khan member mumbo-jumbo - Own the most exclusive. Extremely Rare Limited Edition Gold Skinned Clan Mech.

"THE WAR OF THE CLANS HAS BEGUN" - not a single clan mech was shown, no factional wars, same old shit for 1,5 years. War of the Mechs with SALE SALE SALE all over the crap.

2 years in development with no new gameplay features except gamebreaking 3rd person camera. Making random maps and selling mech models and skins, thats what they are usually do.

After the tactics game and the MWO Livestream of Total Bisquit and Joe I was sold, I may have no experience with the Battletech lore or games beyond MWO but now i got a small fortune in this game and got several kinds of mechs ready for Lance work.

That MWO Livestream is too positive to be adequate enough, I would prefer angry rant about all the crap. About deceived founders, and now both who bought Phoenix packs and founders' packs is deceived.

9zJNm2P.png

PS

Yes, its rage - http://i41.tinypic.com/vg769i.jpg

TheCrazedTortes and Doshka17 like this

To be honest I love mechwarrior and I do like the world of tanks spin they had on it... but due to recent school events I have not been able to play recently. If what you are saying is true and that they are just milking it's costumers for more and more of their cash then fuck that... ive supported and tried to get the ajsa to support MWO, however if this is really the route they are taking then it maybe best that the AJSA not support them...

*update*

I went to their website and it's fucking true... why the fuck would they sell a skin... for 500 fucking dollars... wow... I am at a loss of words when I saw this. I mean im probably like alot of MW fans who just love the timber wolf but you are going to make me pay 210 dollar so I can play as one of my favorite mechs... no. No no no no no. Lastly that short video they posted for the clans... total bs I watched about 4 times before I started laughing at how much they dont care for us but for our wallets...

ffffuuuuuucccckkkkk!!!!

I used to play with the word of lowtax. Looking at the prices for clan mechs has me speechless. A game which hasnt changed since closed beta is not worth my time, let alone a quarter of a thousand dollars.

Since I have participated in MWO beta test, we can check the facts.

2012, beta : adding ECM and removing Collisions because they are broken and buggy. Conquest mode. Fixing bugs. fps drops and crashes.

12 Mech models and few maps, 1 night map.

2013, beta : PGI Promised clans and Factional Warfare at summer(deceived us), 3pv(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSJAa6iCYAA36dt.jpg), ghost heat system(breaking weapon balance). 12vs12 battles + small maps = its a way to make mess. Bugs, fixes.

Then release :

87f7ffbd8f54511a53d865135681c998.png

Overall mech models and Maps from 2013 :

For 1 full year 9 sphere mechs models and 4 Phoenix mech models http://mwomercs.com/media/concept

5 new maps.

So they have made 12 mechs in 2013(1 per month) and then sold 4 Phoenix models to you. Now they are selling 8 clan mechs to you in the same manner !

While they have previously stated that there won't be any founder program again, because founders gave their money for game development !

Thats why they are screwed their founders and backers twice.

PS

Looks like shitstorm on their forum has begun :

P136CJY.png

wV53GB4.gif

my feelings ina single gif.... im pissed/sad at the same time.... i dont know what to do or feel anymore!!!

Sad but true. I think Joe and TB somehow missed all this information when was playing it.

i like the game as it is right now. I started playing it maybe 4 months ago and i will continue playing it. If they find people who are ready to give them 500 bucks for a golden decal, I'm fine with that... If I'm still playing end of may, I might even get a clan package. Until then I gona enjoy my wang and my Moromets and tear everything to shreds *wuhahahaha*