• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rain

Let's Make LoL official with AJSA!

LoL officiality with AJSA   261 members have voted

1. 1. Should LoL become official with AJSA?

• Yes, I want to be a part of Ranked AJSA
    • Yes, I just want to team with the AJSA community
    • Yes, I want to watch AJSA streaming
    • No, not interested

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

Got a general update regarding Ranked teams and making LoL official. So basically, the two go hand-n-hand. LoL needs to be made OFFICIAL with AJSA before AJSA Ranked teams start to get formed. I think it's safe to assume same goes for events that get recognized and streamed by the official AJSA Twitch sites. As of now, I believe only the higher ranked (Council, Commanders etc) members can vote in a game to become official. So let's make sure LoL gets recognized as a game that needs to be made official and has the support of the community to back it up and get it passed!

EDIT - Changed the answers to help gauge where people stand. Please adjust your votes accordingly.

Despite the fact I am not a fan of the game, I think it should be made official so that a team can be made. I don't want to get in their way. I would watch the streams for sure too.

Rain likes this

I hope this poll will grab the attention of the council and Joe. It will be amazing if AJSA has an offical team that can spread influence in the LoL community

Warshrike, jeraiathan and Rain like this

I hope this poll will grab the attention of the council and Joe. It will be amazing if AJSA has an offical team that can spread influence in the LoL community

That's the goal.

If I had to choose between DotA 2 and LoL, then I would choose DotA 2.

DotA 2 is more competitive and professional. DotA 2 also have a great situation in the competitive scene.

But I hope both of them gets officially accepted into the AJSA.

If I had to choose between DotA 2 and LoL, then I would choose DotA 2.

DotA 2 is more competitive and professional. DotA 2 also have a great situation in the competitive scene.

But I hope both of them gets officially accepted into the AJSA.

That's the beauty of AJSA, we don't have to settle for one or the other. This community has the capacity to diversify to virtually any game out there, but I hear you when it comes to preference. And it's awesome that Dota 2 was granted it's official AJSA guild.

tajiri likes this

I want the official ranked team to be made but i have a problem about deciding if I want to try playing in the main squad or just for fun. I would need to think about it and see how it goes later

Voted, hope this happens soon!

Problem I could see is that there are probably tons of players of different calibers here and mixing them all into a ranked team might cause some havoc.

Other than that, I'd hella gladly play, no matter if it's ranked or normals.

Would love to be apart of the AJSA ranked teams and as well as the events. Should be a blast! 

With Preseason 4 around the corner, for Ranked purposes i'm going to push this poll foward to be considered for Council consideration. I want to see a target goal of at least 50 Ranked backers before I do so. With the other posts hitting high numbers I believe community support won't be a problem, and if you ask me...at a guaranteed 10 AJSA Ranked teams is a force in all it's own lol. I am willing to give my time to get those teams up and running if LoL is given the Council green light. I am also curious to see what kind of audience we will get with our first unofficial LoL community streaming. Happy LoLing.

Cyanide29 likes this

If need be, I am willing to put my time and effort into this as well. If help is needed just give me shout. Would love to be involved with this.

Well I suck at LoL, but I'd love to help out in any way that I can.

Well I suck at LoL, but I'd love to help out in any way that I can.

We've all been there trust me lol. It may be just my opinion, but I truly believe MOBAs are the only genre that you just can't pick up and play. First you have to learn the control, then you have to learn the champs, and finally you have to learn the strategy. It is a rewarding feeling once you get the hang of it though, and it would definitely make the experience more enjoyable playing along side friends.

I think making LOL an official game is a great idea. I don't really play much, myself - But that's exactly why I think it would be a good game to make official.

The game itself, is loads and loads of fun, I'm not even that big on MOBA's and I think it's absolutely fantastic. The problem, is the playerbase. I've never seen such a large group of people who hate you with every fiber of their being simply because you're not good at a video game, and it saddens me greatly. If we made it official, I may even download it and join back up again to play with the army.

johnythehero and ezio like this

I think making LOL an official game is a great idea. I don't really play much, myself - But that's exactly why I think it would be a good game to make official.

The game itself, is loads and loads of fun, I'm not even that big on MOBA's and I think it's absolutely fantastic. The problem, is the playerbase. I've never seen such a large group of people who hate you with every fiber of their being simply because you're not good at a video game, and it saddens me greatly. If we made it official, I may even download it and join back up again to play with the army.

I encourage you to come back if you enjoy it, a number of us have joined up randomly this past week to make group matches. Just last night there was 5 of us that dominated a normal match, and most of the other team were Gold and Silver ranked. Good times.

Definitely, one of the biggest "e-sports" games out there, we should have someone scoring in the name of AngryJoe too.
Plus I'd love to play with you guys even though we'd probably be scattered all around servers

I'd definitely be interested in trying out for the ranked team, provided it won't conflict with my other team. That said, how far into the future will tryouts be held for the official team?

No word has been given on when LoL will go official. When it does I am sure Angry Joe will have to go over how he wants Ranked to be set up, unless he's already planning that out. I'm hoping for a positive response from the Angry Army when we play tonight, might help speed things along.

No word has been given on when LoL will go official. When it does I am sure Angry Joe will have to go over how he wants Ranked to be set up, unless he's already planning that out. I'm hoping for a positive response from the Angry Army when we play tonight, might help speed things along.

Is there a set event for tonight? So far I've only been able to organize a few games with the players that are in the ajsa chatroom.

Yeah:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/3644-ajsa-in-house-tournament-sigh-ups/

You're welcome to join in after a match or two, we intend to rotate players if there wasn't a full 5 man team on stand-by.

Looks great, too bad I'll have to get ready for work at 7:30 PST.

I would be so down to play this game in a 5 vs 5 ranked team finally. 

I played it since beta and sadly havnt been able to play with 5 people for a longer period of time. Some1 always has issues with the time and schedule we agree on and after a month or 3 the team dies off when we finally make some progress.

For those interested in a team and never played in a serious 5 vs 5 team. I have to say this: You can be the best solo player in the world but if you cant work with people weaker/not as skilled then you, you gonna have a bad time in a competetive game as this. Specially when you make a new team from nothing. Before the team will work decently ( Not good, decent ) you already invested a month into it. Yet in the end i think the rewards will come, plus the fact the community has probably a large pool of talent and not so great talent in every region so there is never a shortage of players