• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Trackrise

Eve Online **[Polled added]**

46 posts in this topic

I just thought that this game should be on the list of games considered. It is, afterall, an amazing game. 

Pros: 

+ MMO Sandbox

+ Endless amounts of Space Exploration.

+ No Grinding: Everything is upgraded in real time via a queue which continues while you are offline. 

+ Insane potential for huge, exciting and dangerous battles + Exciting combat.

+ You'll still have something new to learn about the world and the game for at least a year or so. 

+ The game is absolutley beautiful.

Cons: 

- $15/month. A major flaw, I know, but you can also start paying for the game for free if you collect enough ISK (in-game currency), which probably won't happen within the first 21-day trial. 

- Huge learning curve (which could be a pro from your perspective).

- They've worked hard on the tutorial, but the game can still be pretty difficult to get into. 

- Ship destruction and death can be brutal (literally years of progress can be lost in just one battle). 

- Open PVP, and though there are many Corps willing to train new people, there are also many trolls and brutal players who like to prey on the innocent. 

Again, it's fine if the game doesn't make the cut, but I thought that at the VERY least it should be on the list. I know there are a lot of people who absolutley love this game.

hiko199 and Lhotse5 like this

Resistance is futile.....

gsf1_zpsa2d0d492.png

Wherever you go, whatever game you play, we are always there.  ;)

I just got the EVE demo thing and its pretty BA, any tips for a noob lol?

Eve online can do bug space wars, it would be cool to get the army going with this!

I just got the EVE demo thing and its pretty BA, any tips for a noob lol?

Make some ISK, and don't mine under 0.5. Do some Faction Wars to get your feet wet in PvP and go from there I guess. Also it's useful to know what you want to do with your character in the future, so plan your skills out.

I did the demo but after i got into a corp and litarly put out a 3 week plan to get one ship when i decided " Why the fuck would a take it into battle?" i decided at that moment its not worth the time... unless you pay up

EVE Online is at best, a niche game, it takes certain people to like it and certain people to continue playing. The community is less than great and I doubt there would be a sizeable amount of players here that would be willing to continue playing EVE. It's a plausible idea, more so than any, it's just the longevity that I'm concerned about.

Lhotse5 likes this

Advice for EVE noobies:

1) Do the tutorials ! ALL OF THEM ! You will not get the chance to learn that much and make that much isk for a long time. Also, you get a ton of free ships and skillbooks to get you set up in the game.

2) Join a corp. You can always leave and move onto another but EVE really is a social game and the knowledge you can gain from corp members is invaluable.

3) Always try to train the essential skillbooks (Spaceship Command, Gunnery, Missile Lauchers, Drones, etc) to Level V. At first you will need to get a few books going at the same time so you can play but don't try to get too many going so that you're not getting the full potential from your equipment.

4) DO NOT AND I MEAN NEVER....EVER, buy anything from someone in a chat room. If it seem's like a real good deal ? It's a scam. Make noooo mistake. Many people do nothing but run 'deal scams', bogus lotteries and ponsy schemes in the chat rooms. Especially in the main trading hubs in Jita, Amarr, Hek, Rens and Dodixie.

5) NEVER use autopilot !!! Unless you want to get ganked by a gatecamper. That's always  an interesting...and demoralizing experience..I've heard.

6) High Sec = Where you learn to play EVE. Null Sec = Where you play EVE for real. Don't become one of those High Sec carebears who do nothing but mine the 'roids and rat Lv 4 missions for peanuts. That gets old after a while and there is NOTHING like warping into a 2000 plus player PvP battle with everything lighting up and blowing up...you really owe it to yourself to get in on that.

Any questions, post em here and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Fission and Helwig like this

Advice for EVE noobies:

1) Do the tutorials ! ALL OF THEM ! You will not get the chance to learn that much and make that much isk for a long time. Also, you get a ton of free ships and skillbooks to get you set up in the game.

2) Join a corp. You can always leave and move onto another but EVE really is a social game and the knowledge you can gain from corp members is invaluable.

3) Always try to train the essential skillbooks (Spaceship Command, Gunnery, Missile Lauchers, Drones, etc) to Level V. At first you will need to get a few books going at the same time so you can play but don't try to get too many going so that you're not getting the full potential from your equipment.

4) DO NOT AND I MEAN NEVER....EVER, buy anything from someone in a chat room. If it seem's like a real good deal ? It's a scam. Make noooo mistake. Many people do nothing but run 'deal scams', bogus lotteries and ponsy schemes in the chat rooms. Especially in the main trading hubs in Jita, Amarr, Hek, Rens and Dodixie.

5) NEVER use autopilot !!! Unless you want to get ganked by a gatecamper. That's always  an interesting...and demoralizing experience..I've heard.

6) High Sec = Where you learn to play EVE. Null Sec = Where you play EVE for real. Don't become one of those High Sec carebears who do nothing but mine the 'roids and rat Lv 4 missions for peanuts. That gets old after a while and there is NOTHING like warping into a 2000 plus player PvP battle with everything lighting up and blowing up...you really owe it to yourself to get in on that.

Any questions, post em here and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Nothing quite like 10% TiDi and a server crash.

Nothing quite like 10% TiDi and a server crash.

Battles that big and the crashes are rare. I was really just trying to illustrate the possibilities of what really happens in Null Sec. If you're an EVE veteran, then you know what I'm talking about. That High Sec crap gets to be like watching paint dry after a while. Trust me, I did it for a year and a half, waiting to make sure I was 'ready'  skillbook-wise to go out to Null Sec. I only wish I had gone out a lot sooner tbh.

ive done nearly everything eve has to offer. its truely an amazing game. 

Lhotse5 likes this

I have very little experience with eve but a great deal of experience with Dust 514 its sister game for the ps3. I actually would love to see both of these games played by the army as it would connect 2 realms of players on to one battlefield. Btw Dust is a free to play fps for the PlayStation 3 only and is supported by EVE in fact here is a link to a video by IGN explaining how. btw this video is old and outdated but gives a basic concept. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sdbq_KeOlA

I am all for EVE Online being a part of AJSA, but any long time player will probably be against leaving their Corp/Alliance to join a AJSA Alliance; I am sure Lhotse5 wouldn't be willing to leave the Goons.

However, with it's steep learning curve, I suppose it would be helpful to any new players trying to get into the game. Lots of new players starting out together will make it that much easier on yourselves -- much more fun as well.

Lhotse5 likes this

I have very little experience with eve but a great deal of experience with Dust 514 its sister game for the ps3. I actually would love to see both of these games played by the army as it would connect 2 realms of players on to one battlefield. Btw Dust is a free to play fps for the PlayStation 3 only and is supported by EVE in fact here is a link to a video by IGN explaining how. btw this video is old and outdated but gives a basic concept.

:lol:  I'm still waiting to use that door in my Captains Quarters to walk around the station.

In all candor, I will never, EVER understand why they made Dust a console game(given that EVE is PC) when they could have hooked it all up so that you could..

get in your ship and undock,

do all the EVE stuff you already do AND....

fly to the planet, take a shuttle to the surface and do fps Dust battle or

fire on the helpless inhabitants of the planet like The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, with your ship's weapons, (Sorry, I can't help myself, I'm a Goon.  B) ) to aid in the battle for control of the planet and the surrounding resources and space,

mine the planet, build POS's on the planet,

and either live on the planet or fly back to your station...the 'Whole Enchilada' as they say.

But no, they had to chop it up with two platforms and some talk about actually joining the two games together someday, in some way. I'll believe it when I see it..like being able to walk through that door.  :rolleyes:  

If they had just done what I just suggested from the start with Dust, EVE/Dust would be the only multiplayer/MMO game I would ever need. I would be able to do it all with just one game. :(

Fission likes this

I find eve to be kinda boring, mostly due to its lack of attachement. I feel like as a pilot I don't exist. However starting a Corp or something would be awesome.  AND YES! I have played a few times before. I earned about 700 million ISK trading and then moved on to other games. I also have a friend who has a ton of old corp equipment sitting around after his old one crashed.

I've been playing EVE for a couple years now, and I was pretty hardcore at first. However, with a Corporate merger we lost a lot of good people and I lost my interest in the game. I am excited to see that this may be a viable option for AJSA, and I would be more than willing to help build a corporation from the ground up as well as help train and equip those new to EVE. Could make for some Epic experiences!

Lhotse5 likes this

I have a Minmatar alt I've had on ice for a few yrs that I created and never really did anything with (as I started another Caldari Tengu alt instead), that I might toss into a new AJSA corp if someone else was to start one up and be the CEO.

Also, I rent a Teamspeak 3 server for a clan I'm an admin for, which would make life a lot easier. I can't promise I'm gonna go do mining fleets for Veldspar but I would be willing to help out and advise anyone new to the game about ship fits, skillbook training, tactics and general crap.

I'll monitor this thread and if it seem's like some of you are actually gonna give it a try, I'll see what I can do.

my char in Eve is about 6 years old =), i love that game,  learning curve can be brutal even for me when im away about 6 months. 

Ingame name : Lohetapja - currently inactive - dont have time to play.

Count me in if there's ever a AJSA corp! 60M SP character.

I have played EvE Online for over 3 years and have a few accounts because i love the game so much.
There is SO MUCH you can do in eve, and WE the players control the game in a BIG way.
Yes there is a few cons to eve, but there are so many more pros!

It would be epic if AJSA where to support/join this game.
Also, if needed i can supply a character with perfect corp and alliance skills so we would have max cap from the start.
And i also think that we would have some unthinkable wealth within the corp as fast as the corp is created.

Lhotse5 likes this

I have played EvE Online for over 3 years and have a few accounts because i love the game so much.

There is SO MUCH you can do in eve, and WE the players control the game in a BIG way.

Yes there is a few cons to eve, but there are so many more pros!

It would be epic if AJSA where to support/join this game.

Also, if needed i can supply a character with perfect corp and alliance skills so we would have max cap from the start.

And i also think that we would have some unthinkable wealth within the corp as fast as the corp is created.

Use that alt, start a corp with you as the CEO and let's get started. Someone has to get the ball rolling and you seem to have the perfect alt for it.

Ok.let's not get ahead of ourselves, I'll put forth a list of things needed if this is to get going smoothly 

-link to EVE-Uni to help train newbies

-blue prints to make money

- people, mission runners, miners, ratters, anomalie runners guys who can make money to support Corp)

Future goals

- Null sec Branch

-alliance tournament

-Pos. For research, moon mining, etc

if I missed anything let me know. Send me an in game chat message (Mattpat139 Sukarala in-game)

Btw eves player base is awesome even an in-game radio station and betting service not .at risk of being taken down (EVE - Radio and EVE-Bet) Google search them 4 info

- The link: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Getting_Started_In_EVE_Online
- Blueprint copy's can be supplyed. Or me or anyone else with bpo's could get ore from corp mining ops to produce and sell ships/modules.
- Missions is just DO IT! Mining is easy, mining fleets will have t2 orca support. ratting would be null branch. Future goals aint the easyest to say atm.
- Null Branch will not be me.
- Alliance tourneys would come when alliance would be formed and have a few more then 20 players total.....
- Pos costs money, in high i costs 5-600 mill per month to run a big pos. so that would require a few members AND a good isk income for the corp.
- pos for moonmining is wh and null.

- The link: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Getting_Started_In_EVE_Online

- Blueprint copy's can be supplyed. Or me or anyone else with bpo's could get ore from corp mining ops to produce and sell ships/modules.

- Missions is just DO IT! Mining is easy, mining fleets will have t2 orca support. ratting would be null branch. Future goals aint the easyest to say atm.

- Null Branch will not be me.

- Alliance tourneys would come when alliance would be formed and have a few more then 20 players total.....

- Pos costs money, in high i costs 5-600 mill per month to run a big pos. so that would require a few members AND a good isk income for the corp.

- pos for moonmining is wh and null.

So, has someone actually started a High Sec corp yet for AJSA, or is this just more advice ? If they have, please supply in-game contact details for others, so they can join.

Resistance is futile.....

gsf1_zpsa2d0d492.png

Wherever you go, whatever game you play, we are always there.  ;)

Grrgoons

Good luck with this! I am currently rather involved with an alliance, but I'd love to go on a roam with y'all sometime.