• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MajoraMoon2000

Project Spark - Xbox One, PC, Xbox 360 **[Ineligible, Not released, no Guild/clan necessary]**

3 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ1h3KzAivc

The upcoming game "Project Spark" is all about creativity. It's more than Minecraft or LittleBigPlanet - you make the game itself. Anything you put your mind to is possible. Make an RPG, a campaign, a shooter, a racing game, a platformer. You name it, you make it. 

The game releases around mid-2014, no actual release date confirmed yet. The game will be available for the PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

PROS:

• Not only can your creations become a reality, but they can be shared with anyone - cross-platform. Make a platforming game on the PC, and share it with your friends who play on the Xbox One; Make a shooter on the 360, have your PC buddy try it out! This is where the multiplayer aspect of it shines.
  • The community aspect of it will enhance the AJSA as a whole. Create forums to share ideas of projects you or others have been working on, and there'll sure to be people who want to try it out. When the project is complete, tag it with "AJSA," or "Angry Joe Army", and people will see the greatness that the Angry Joe Army possesses. Sure, there are differences among gamers, but, in the end, we are all a community, and this game is sure to show it

CONS:

• Dumb ideas. There is guaranteed to be stupid and pointless content uploaded to share with a community. Something tells me these things can range from a jumpscare to absolute wastes of time.
  • Plagiarism and theft. Ideas can be stolen from other's projects and can claim to be totally original, which is not only cruel, but a violation of Code of Conduct in the AJSA (in one way or another)
  • I'm not sure how expansive the multiplayer aspect of it is aside from the sharing, but in the video, it looked like playing with someone else is possible. 

I truly hope other gamers and members of the AJSA see the greatness in this sort of game. Project Spark brings a sort of magic to the human mind not found in many places. Gaming is a community - Project Spark can prove it.

I'll probably be comparing this game to the LittleBigPlanet 2 as far as the capabilities go. I remember I used to be OBSESSED with LittleBigPlanet 2 for it's endless amount of imagination and possibilties. To this date, there is no game that really delves in to the capabilities and imagination of the human mind and the populace than LittleBigPlanet 2.

Even so, I remember some of the dissapointing parts of the games. Players (****in' Latin_Player_10) would take advantage of the system in order to get many hearts and likes, copying other levels and claiming them to be their own for popularity. This also kept a lot of very beautiful levels from being seen by the community and, worse of all, by MM. 

They also never put quite enough emphasis on the new levels. 

Still, I kept trying and kept playing for about two years on the PS3 before I just stopped. It was an amazing time, and I made a lot of incredible friends. Of course, that was a 2.5D platformer, and Project Spark is not. I wouldn't compare it to Minecraft though. We'll see what they can do. 

It'd be amazing to see them hold up to the standards of Media Molecule.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0