• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Did anyone else find Grand Theft Auto V incredibly mediocre?

21 posts in this topic

I found Grand Theft Auto V to be incredibly mediocre and overrated. Does anyone else feel this way?

From the disjointed, unsatisfying story mode to the falsely advertised Online mode.

I found GTA V lackluster

No, this is not a troll.

Yes I agree, to me the story was pretty lame seems like all the missions you did didn't matter besides those like 3 heists :/ and wheres all the online stuff they said they would add??

its not as bad as GTA IV because that was garbage but this ehh it was better

I liked the campaign. BOOM! Going against the topic! I AM CRAZY!

srsly though, it was nice to play as the not-so-good guys for once. As for the multiplayer they are adding thing separately to keep it alive, for the short bit I've played its great, except for how easily its exploited and the uselessness in investing in a house.

FrankWest likes this

I enjoyed it for a good amount of time but I've always found i can't finish a GTA game's story. I just lose interest. Also the online is meh. Needs high end content to get the ball rolling (Looking at you, heists). I've already traded it in.

I thought the Storyline didn't have alot and Online boring. i mean... They didn't add any more heists and 9/10 out of the people who play online now are like almost level 100. almost every online player has guns and at least 3 cars in their garage.

ACTUALLY I REALLY LIKE GTA V OK THE STORY COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER BUT IT IS ABOUT CRIMINALS AND THOSE STORIES HAVE BEEN FLOGGED BY EVERY MEDIUM. AS FOR GTAV ONLINE THEY HAVE ALWAYS SAID THEY WOULD ADD CONTENT INCREMENTALLY. PEOPLE SHOULD READ THE PRESS RELEASES! IF WE HAD IT ALL AT ONCE PLAYERS WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT AS WELL WHEN THERE WAS NO MORE CONTENT TO ADD.  

FrankWest likes this

I liked the campaign. However, it was over-hyped as f*ck. After finishing it I tried going online which was.. beyond boring, so I thought, maybe theres something else to do with either Michael, Franklin or Trevor, but nope, nothing. So yeah, 3 days of playing GTA V and enjoying it, afterwards it became a great addition to my shelf. 

I loved the game and the story (kinda mediocre-ish) made me want to play more but at the end... I got bored and didn't want to play online.Everyone money glitched and had a high level. Its nothing but another grand theft auto.... There really is no point in playing missions. The money is so unbalanced after 10 missions you got half a million in your pocket mostly the missions leaving no motivations to do more and all the missions are favors and there are only 7 missions in the game that you get paid in but there are only 3 major ones that count! Trust me I've played every grand theft auto but for some reason it doesn't really surprise me its just grand theft auto! Running around banging chicks, Shooting people, running them over and doing stunts. I may sound crazy but its getting old to me? There is nothing interesting about it. I'm not saying its a bad game and it does deserve a 10/10 and all the money made. It's just stail non of the core main game mechanics are changed its the same.

Especially when most are the missions are just getting supplies just to make the stats show that the game had alot of missions 

I love the online, roll up on some unsuspecting fool and POP HIM IN THE FACE. What I love most is the car races, its almost like Need For Speed but not quite.

The campaign was decent. The FIB missions sent me the wrong way and I hated doing things for no reason.

Online was the most boring thing ever and I hated it. I traded it in and eventually got Ghost as a stimulus until Christmas (when I am getting the PS4).

I found Grand Theft Auto V to be incredibly mediocre and overrated. Does anyone else feel this way?

From the disjointed, unsatisfying story mode to the falsely advertised Online mode.

I found GTA V lackluster

No, this is not a troll.

Mediocre? not too much altho the story is indeed one fucked up trip

Overrated? totally

Well considering I was promised more pedestrian interactions with the player and what I got were worse random instances than last time (Yes Brian, that means you), I'm not too happy about it.

I was really hyped about the idea of making random pedestrians your friends, that seems all well within reason what with me seeing the same damn pedestrians leaving the bus after I sent them all to the hospital last night.

I enjoyed it as a gaming experience, yeah its just a prettier version of previous GTA games with a few more interesting options but it was still fun for me, i even enjoyed the online, until the jobs finally started feeling repetitive, they were always repetitive but fun, now they feel that way as well, so im waiting for new content

I think once they start releasing more High end content such as Big Hiests and whatnot the online section will turn out to be better than expected. It is fun to play with friends though I will say that. Nothing beats being in a huge firefight against all of LSPD with 15 of your friends.

I didn't mind it but the campaign was pretty bad, but I think its excusable since they had to write for 3 characters. The online has been okay so far but it really hasn't grabbed my attention

I cannot comment on a game i have not played, let alone purchased.

But i will say this - i have no plans to purchase it now or anytime in the future.

GTA V and GTA Online is fun when you play with friends and when you have in-game money, but it gets boring fast because there isn't much to do but fool around. What aggravates me the most is the online tank battalions and terrible racers (all of them pit-maneuver or lag into the car, not to mention the cars turns on a dime and you have to TRY to lose control). The heists and such come out in a later update, which will hopefully make it better.

I agree. The story was hard to follow between all three characters. The multiplayer is good if you have friends to play with but if you don't it's hard to enjoy. Oh, and the game is litterally begging for more heists. Theres more but I don't feel like writing a novel.

I think the reason why gta 5 online is quite disappointing is because thy made it to serious with bringing in the money system slash personal vehicles, yes these things brought good but I miss the good old days of gta 4 where everyone just usually went to the airport and did not care what they did and how many times they were killed. And that's what gta needs to be like, a game that should not be taken seriously but just to mess aroundmurder thousands and fall out of planes.

And yes gta 4s story was a lot better than 5s