• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Professor_Caveman

Minecraft (Survival/Build Joint Server)

110 posts in this topic

*NOTE: After recent suggestions that a Minecraft server purely for building is too specific, the request has been altered to include survival and possibly contests (Hungergames/PvPvE/etc.). Also, due to the unexpected amount of volunteers, I must unfortunately say that they will be tested first rather than automatically given teacher position. Volunteers will be tested first, then when the server has teachers non-volunteers will be tested if they apply for a position.

So I have yet to see a single topic about a Angry Army Minecraft build team, and figured what the heck, might as well give it a go.

Let me start off by giving some background of me and the game. I've been building for a few months but have found a decent talent for building and have had lots of support in compliments and critique on the forum I use to showcase my builds. The game itself, in case you haven't heard of it, is a retro graphic game about mining, crafting, building, fighting, and really anything else you could think of. Which brings me to my Pros and Cons.

Pros

- Fairly cheap ($20)

- Easy to learn (comparatively)

- Unbelievably compatible to any play style

- Open world

- Open to creativity

Cons

- Generally not fun without friends/other people

- Eventually requires creativity/artistic talent

- A great deal of lag if you play on a laptop or old desktop

- A great deal of bugs

- Generally has low content depending on playstyle (Fighting/Building/Crafting/etc.)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1961172-what-ive-built/page__st__40

I realize I'm not the best builder, and am open to suggestions as well as giving the leader to position to a better builder. I just happen to be the first here. Also, I can't pay for servers so if that's a problem then I would gladly give that position or the entire position of leader to someone else.

List of Volunteers to be tested for the team (Ignore this, just a list of people who have already volunteered in advance to be a part of the team)

- LoneWolf

MrAckle

- Wintermanv3

- TheNorthian

smoking0_0gun

aConsoleCouple (aka ElvenBlossom)

SirStriped

BSB (BSWraithmaw)

Nightheaven

DEADMUFFINMAN

SANGUIS

Ender

gabedude123

Drmurk

Dyzzles

EyesWL

Mighty Falcon

BlondishMist748 *BANNED from AJSA; no profile available for viewing

List of unconfirmed volunteers to be tested for the team (Again, just ignore this)

Jjr.

Sir Scoops

List of absolute must have volunteers (Coding, redstone, able to support server extensively, etc.; not necessarily all builders)

- MaxterG (Able to use redstone; volunteering to build)

- Oxyorum (Able to program)

- Dr. Xeno Pootis (Able to use redstone; volunteering to build)

MaxterG, Willymac, SUB-ZER0 and 6 others like this

I like how creative openness is a con just to try and balance the cons.

Yeah, I bought Minecraft just after they added zombies, and I still haven't built a house. Just. Keep. Mining.

Yeah, I bought Minecraft just after they added zombies, and I still haven't built a house. Just. Keep. Mining.

Hey building isn't for everyone, I still remember the 3x3 hole days!

JJr. likes this

I like how creative openness is a con just to try and balance the cons.

Yeah, I realize creativity is double-ended (I've edited the first post to include that btw) but at first wasn't sure where it should go. Also, what do you mean by "balancing the cons"?

I would definitely join but i only have minecraft for the xbox my home computer is crap.

I'm up for joining a build team. I am a fairly good builder and would enjoy being apart of a team that supports Minecraft. I would also like to try and build a hunger games map. Sign me up!

You can cout me in too but i also have minecraft for the xbox.

DO IT!

I've been told many times to never assume, but is this an exception where I should assume you want a part in the team?

I'm up for joining a build team. I am a fairly good builder and would enjoy being apart of a team that supports Minecraft. I would also like to try and build a hunger games map. Sign me up!

Always good to have another member! 

I would definitely join but i only have minecraft for the xbox my home computer is crap.

Oh too bad (I don't mean that sarcastically if you were wondering)! Sadly I do not even own an Xbox, and still hold the position that Minecraft is meant for PC so I don't plan on getting an Xbox solely for that either.

Monkeynet likes this

I would join, I am a pretty good builder, haven't done any large scale building though. plus, it would be a good opportunity to learn some new things. 

I love building, spending many hours getting my build good.  I mostly do pixel art, but I still do 3D models.  I think it would be cool to work together on something, or even have build-offs.

I would definitely play on an AJSA server. I consider myself a pretty big builder... I built a minecraft version of Ace Combat 4's Megalith. I have some ideas for an AJSA server so if you need someone to help count me in.

I would join, I am a pretty good builder, haven't done any large scale building though. plus, it would be a good opportunity to learn some new things. 

Consider yourself a part of the team!

I love building, spending many hours getting my build good.  I mostly do pixel art, but I still do 3D models.  I think it would be cool to work together on something, or even have build-offs.

Great you're on! Also, when the servers are up and running (somehow), you have to tell me how people do those 3d models; they're so large-scale due to Minecraft's average block size that I usually don't even want to think about trying to build something in Minecraft that completely mirrors the model!

I would definitely play on an AJSA server. I consider myself a pretty big builder... I built a minecraft version of Ace Combat 4's Megalith. I have some ideas for an AJSA server so if you need someone to help count me in.

You're in! It will be good to have large-scale builders as well, since I (and most others) just build structures the server would probably be pretty dull.

This would be awesome! Just look at the community FyreUK http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6C732E31C70607EF  I am Romanian and I don't think I am very good at English (mostly on writing). The only thing is that I only own Minecraft on Xbox and I enjoy it because I play it whit my friends on split-screen. But i am buying a laptop on black Friday. So i am not sure if that is a count in your list?

This would be awesome! Just look at the community FyreUK http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6C732E31C70607EF  I am Romanian and I don't think I am very good at English (mostly on writing). The only thing is that I only own Minecraft on Xbox and I enjoy it because I play it whit my friends on split-screen. But i am buying a laptop on black Friday. So i am not sure if that is a count in your list?

So long as you have some good building experience you're on. However II suggest buying a desktop since laptops are generally a higher cost but don't put out nearly enough power. My laptop gets 30 fps with Minecraft loaded and single-digit without external-cooling.

I had previously been working on a Minecraft adventure map on my lonesome. Custom made 1000x1000 terrain with custom-set foliage and caverns. I worked on it for a good three weeks, I have photos of the developing town I was constructing prior to the... erhm... incident. Did a harddrive wipe without backing up my MC data like a fool.

The plans for it were for a three part series, with multiple dungeons, quests and objectives in each without any direct path of start to finish. A simplistic RPG where you kind of decided where you'd go and how things would happen. With the option of repeatable dungeons and a homestead that you could upgrade as you progressed through the map and completed more objectives. At the time of deletion and tears, I had just begun work on the mineshaft and had gotten down to the level where I laid out the dungeon and had begun detailing the important bits of it and setting aside redstone and command block areas. 

I had pictures of this but never got around to uploading to Imgur, so,  they vanished with the drive.

I'd adore the opportunity to be able to work with a build team again and get back to making awesome structures and adventures for the AJSA community and those abroad. 

Here's that map before I dun fucked it up: Thorshem's Hole

Edit: PS, I'd throw it to the block for a survival server as well. If the build team is good I'd be thrilled to assist with a public survival server.

Love this idea, I have minecraft for the xbox. PC is broken, so I wouldn't be able to be apart of it. 

I think games are art, they show peoples creativity. This would allow AJSA members to show theirs.

Plus I would also love to see a huge AngryJoe figure made out of blocks haha ( first thing that popped into my head )

I had previously been working on a Minecraft adventure map on my lonesome. Custom made 1000x1000 terrain with custom-set foliage and caverns. I worked on it for a good three weeks, I have photos of the developing town I was constructing prior to the... erhm... incident. Did a harddrive wipe without backing up my MC data like a fool.

The plans for it were for a three part series, with multiple dungeons, quests and objectives in each without any direct path of start to finish. A simplistic RPG where you kind of decided where you'd go and how things would happen. With the option of repeatable dungeons and a homestead that you could upgrade as you progressed through the map and completed more objectives. At the time of deletion and tears, I had just begun work on the mineshaft and had gotten down to the level where I laid out the dungeon and had begun detailing the important bits of it and setting aside redstone and command block areas. 

I had pictures of this but never got around to uploading to Imgur, so,  they vanished with the drive.

I'd adore the opportunity to be able to work with a build team again and get back to making awesome structures and adventures for the AJSA community and those abroad. 

Here's that map before I dun fucked it up: Thorshem's Hole

Edit: PS, I'd throw it to the block for a survival server as well. If the build team is good I'd be thrilled to assist with a public survival server.

Holy shit you're good! Of course you can join!

Love this idea, I have minecraft for the xbox. PC is broken, so I wouldn't be able to be apart of it. 

I think games are art, they show peoples creativity. This would allow AJSA members to show theirs.

Plus I would also love to see a huge AngryJoe figure made out of blocks haha ( first thing that popped into my head )

I'm sure that guy that does scale-model builds could get that sorted out! It's a shame you can't join though...