• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDefouler

Another WOW expansion...thoughts?

32 posts in this topic

Personally I think WOW should finally rest in piece and warcraft 4 should be made. The expansion itself is pretty wacky sounding. What do you guys think?

i played wow for a long time and theyre finally emplementing stuff that we asked for a long time ago. in fact i truly believe that they had these secret weapons tucked away very tight and brought them out to compete with next gen mmos coming soon like EQ Next and Wildstar to name a few. But since i have a lot of memories with the game and knowing some friends r returning, it might be worth giving it another shot. But Blizzard has a lot of tricks up their sleeve. Where there is a begining, there is an end but this def wont be the last mmo theyll make should wow face its demise.

I've never played WOW before, but I have to ask why is it so popular? Sure when it came out when I was still playing CS I can understand, but it's been 10 years and It looks like every other MMO out there.

Recently picked up on WoW again after about a year (Never cancelled my subscription, should check bank statements more. Doh!). And i've been having some fun with it again. But the new expansion does look okay from what i've seen of it. I mean hopefully you dont need a group of people to do like the garrison stuff, because I like to play lone wolf (Strange, I guess). But we shall see what it brings.

And WoW is still at 7 million subscribers. It's not the 12 million that they had in 2010, but still, 7 million is still a hell of a lot.

I heard someone say that this expansion is kinda Blizzards loveletter to WoW fans (I couldn't care less mind), and to keep the core player base in place.

OriginalSpiff likes this

I'm a huge fan of Warcraft lore and this new expansion is extremely interesting to me. I've haven't played since the very early days of Wrath of the Lich King but I'm very happy that Blizzard is bringing back the monumental figures from the previous wars, since they're some of my favorite characters.

I played till the patches leading up to cata. They removed/killed the main reason I played WoW

i haven't played since early lich king, but after hearing about this expansion yesterday i bought cataclysm and pandaria, so i can be ready for it, it sounds like a very interesting story

I've never played WOW before, but I have to ask why is it so popular? Sure when it came out when I was still playing CS I can understand, but it's been 10 years and It looks like every other MMO out there.

Before WoW, a lot of people played Ultima Online which was the "first" mmo that was popular because it was the best one at that time. Then Everquest gained a huge audience. Even though it wasnt a fair game with long quests and horrible penalties when you died, it was the best u can get. Then came WoW...

World of Warcraft is based off of the moba(Multi-player Online Battle Arena) game Warcraft and alongside it were books and stories. People still read the books. World of Warcraft essentially brought the stories and a more diverse community of the moba to life in an MMO. And at the time, the game was very simple and the game mechanics were pretty much solid and the cartoony style of the game helped make the game appeal to not just fans of the lore, but to a younger audience. Not to mention  it was also a game that became very polished over the years with the help of a sub fee and the cummunity feedback. Blizzard is one of the few companies that does listen to its audience and will change things around if it is fit to do so in a balanced way.

The MMO started out simple but catered more to the hardcore players. Gradually Blizzard started polishing the game through patches and expansions to start catering to both hardcore and the casual player. The casual side started getting dull and boring though and 12mil subs turned into 7 mil they have today. still a good chunk but with this new expansion, theyll surely bring back old players like myself. This game was in a desperate need of an update.

i haven't played since early lich king, but after hearing about this expansion yesterday i bought cataclysm and pandaria, so i can be ready for it, it sounds like a very interesting story

Wern't they going to give a free upgrade to Cata? I'm sure I heard that somewhere..

I'm a huge fan of Warcraft lore and this new expansion is extremely interesting to me. I've haven't played since the very early days of Wrath of the Lich King but I'm very happy that Blizzard is bringing back the monumental figures from the previous wars, since they're some of my favorite characters.

I started playing wow like in the middle of BC. I wished i started playing this game from launch because i always heard the stories from Vanilla were the best. I think with this new expac, players like me can kinda go back in time and get a dip in the old lore. ill def play this

Personally I think WOW should finally rest in piece and warcraft 4 should be made. The expansion itself is pretty wacky sounding. What do you guys think?

End a game with 7.7mill subscribers, which is still the #1 MMO in the world? Errrm no I don't think so. They would have to be half-mad to even think it. Just because its long running, doesn't mean people don't enjoy it still, or that there aren't lots of new and old still joining it.

Warcraft 4 is an RTS as well, and WoW's dev team are developing an MMO. So even if wow did end, lots would lose a job and they'd need lots of people from SC2 or new hires to do it. They might as well just make a brand new team at that rate and keep wow going?

As for the expansion, many are mis-informed. Its not whacky, its probably the best and most interesting thing to actually happen in ages. Personally I couldn't be more excited to go back to a TBC feel, and its not rehashed, everything is brand new made from the ground up. The free lvl 90 char helps bring back many old players I know cause not everyone likes the level grind or has time for it.

I'm very excited myself. I've actually resubbed and started to level a new Dwarf Hunter.  The expansion sounds fantastic to me.  Two things that sealed the deal for me were the new character models that look INCREDIBLE and where the expansion is taking place. 

Burning Crusade was my favorite expansion and having us go back to Draenor of the past sounds incredible to me.  Mists did not appeal to me at all and I completely skipped it but this sounds really good. The Garrison is going to be addictive as hell too I can already tell.  

Can't wait!!

Antone likes this

I'll most likely get back into WoW a month prior to the expansions release. I plan on leveling through MoP and use the free 90 on an alt. This expansion certainly looks to have a lot to offer in a casual perspective. I just hope I stay casual lol. Hardcore raiding and PvP was a pain. I should go buy the collector's edition of Mists before it's no longer available. I have the Wrath and Cata boxes besides me now and it would be a shame to skip one.

To be honest, I thought they cocked up the Lich King really badly (so I stopped playing), but this just seems like adding salt to a wound.Changing timelines or something like that? No thank you...

hornedturtle likes this

As for the expansion, many are mis-informed. Its not whacky, its probably the best and most interesting thing to actually happen in ages. Personally I couldn't be more excited to go back to a TBC feel, and its not rehashed, everything is brand new made from the ground up. The free lvl 90 char helps bring back many old players I know cause not everyone likes the level grind or has time for it.

Parts of the xpac are wacky, along with a lot of rehashed models and such.

But does have some other good ideas

Interesting how everyone that say WoW is a good and fun game are also the ones that quit when it was the best...

1. WoW NEVER had 12 million subscribers. It had 12 million accounts created (think it's 13 or 14 million now) which is a huge difference and have nothing to do with subs - even Blizzard never calls them subscribers because it'd be a lie. WoWstats confirmed that at no point did the game ever have more than 9 million active players, and that was during BC/early LK.
  2. Cata and the changes that came with it pretty much killed off the game on some of the realms. Rehashing old content was a bad idea when there were several other MMOs coming out at the same time.
  3. Blizzard listens to the people that whine the loudest on the forums, and completely ignore that the majority of people that actually liked the game never went on the forums to complain till after Blizzard implemented unnecessary changes. The changes they've made over the past 3-4 years have made the game more accessible to younger players, which means it's had a massive influx of people that are not mature enough to play an MMO that requires interacting with other people.
  4. The Warcraft classes were designed to support each other in a PvE setting, yet Blizzard is obsessed with trying to make them all completely even in all aspects to balance out its broken PvP. With MoP it meant destroying some of the iconic features of shamans and druids, in the holy name of balancing the game.

Okay, rant over.

Either way. The new expansions presents an alternate timeline with an unnecessary increase in level (why raise the level cap if you don't progress the story anyway?). Its "story" mainly caters to the people that keep asking for Warcraft 4 (forget it, it's not likely to happen, RTS is a dead genre with AAA developers) and features some legends from the past - including several dead ones. It seem to mainly focus on the orcs, which is bound to be even more unpopular than the pandas with a lot of people. Majority of people don't play orcs because... I don't know, personally I never liked them, but it is very rare to even see anyone playing an orc - and I played on one of the horde-heaviest realms in the world.

Nothing in the presentation of the expansion makes me think I'll be coming back. None of it promises to fix a lot of the problems they created with Cata and MoP (where the content feels largely as a ploy to make them money, rather than to be entertaining).

Interesting how everyone that say WoW is a good and fun game are also the ones that quit when it was the best...

1. WoW NEVER had 12 million subscribers. It had 12 million accounts created (think it's 13 or 14 million now) which is a huge difference and have nothing to do with subs - even Blizzard never calls them subscribers because it'd be a lie. WoWstats confirmed that at no point did the game ever have more than 9 million active players, and that was during BC/early LK.
  2. Cata and the changes that came with it pretty much killed off the game on some of the realms. Rehashing old content was a bad idea when there were several other MMOs coming out at the same time.
  3. Blizzard listens to the people that whine the loudest on the forums, and completely ignore that the majority of people that actually liked the game never went on the forums to complain till after Blizzard implemented unnecessary changes. The changes they've made over the past 3-4 years have made the game more accessible to younger players, which means it's had a massive influx of people that are not mature enough to play an MMO that requires interacting with other people.
  4. The Warcraft classes were designed to support each other in a PvE setting, yet Blizzard is obsessed with trying to make them all completely even in all aspects to balance out its broken PvP. With MoP it meant destroying some of the iconic features of shamans and druids, in the holy name of balancing the game.

Okay, rant over.

Either way. The new expansions presents an alternate timeline with an unnecessary increase in level (why raise the level cap if you don't progress the story anyway?). Its "story" mainly caters to the people that keep asking for Warcraft 4 (forget it, it's not likely to happen, RTS is a dead genre with AAA developers) and features some legends from the past - including several dead ones. It seem to mainly focus on the orcs, which is bound to be even more unpopular than the pandas with a lot of people. Majority of people don't play orcs because... I don't know, personally I never liked them, but it is very rare to even see anyone playing an orc - and I played on one of the horde-heaviest realms in the world.

Nothing in the presentation of the expansion makes me think I'll be coming back. None of it promises to fix a lot of the problems they created with Cata and MoP (where the content feels largely as a ploy to make them money, rather than to be entertaining).

#1: Source? Everywhere I see says 12 million subscribers

#2: That and seems people didn't like the challenge the 5mans in cata added which was one of the good things that xpac did.

#3: No proof to any of that....also did not know that Mid 20's are still counted as young people.

#4: I've always hated how blizzard fucked PvE for their PvE focused game because they wanted to make their game have a PvP e-sport......and how after all this time they still don't just use separate rule sets for PvP and PvE (like GW2 and other MMOs do)

Orc race is picked about as much as undead and cow only blood elf is picked far more then it.

Oh god, WOW needs to just die lol. I have no idea why still play that game.

I have not played WOW in a while but my family still does so I am thinking i might play it again just for the beginning of the expansion so i can get the story of it because i have always enjoyed the lore of WOW no matter what. Plus it was the first MMORPG i really got into so it would be nice going back for a brief time.

Looks interesting, will need to wait for more details before judging it though, cancelled my subscription for the time being, Pandaria is sort of meh. The idea of a story around older warcrafts seems pretty cool though, idk how they will tie it in with the current storyline however.

I'll probably re-sub for the expansion and then un-sub after the 1st month.

My grip I have with this new expansion that is coming out is simply about the apparent "time travel" aspect we will be doing. I love WoW for one main reason...the story and lore. I love the history, characters, and world Blizzard set up with WarCraft itself, I consider myself somewhat of a lore nerd when it comes to WarCraft, so this whole, traveling back in time to Draneor thing is kinda odd to me.  I remember when they released the Caverens of Time in BC and I thought that was a little werid, but went along with it. But now...a WHOLE xpac in the past, but alternate present (or whatever they are calling it) is just a little much for me. Time travel always gets weird.

Better then the panda expansion I might return actually the lore seems quite interesting so why not.

I haven't played WoW actively in a really long time. It's weird, I spent a lot of time with other MMO's. And now it kinda feels... Idk, dated maybe. Idk how to explain it, they have the features of other MMO's... It can still look great at times. But it just feels dated in a way (Maybe because I spent so much time with it). The expansion intrigued me a little but Idk if it's worth going back to anymore. What do you guys think? And does anyone feel the same way about it feeling dated in a way i can't explain?

Very excited for WoD, still play daily and am looking foreward to new content. Don't really understand all the WoW hate in here, The game is still one of if not the most polished MMO's out there. Granted it's been out forever lol so it's had lots of time to get to where it's at, but it's still the only one that has managed to pull me in with not only the graphic's but the story and the gameplay to date , and beleive me i've tried quite a few. Oh and in regards to the comment made by steel rodent, RTS's aren't dead in any way shape or form, Blizzard is a AAA publisher and correct me if i'm wrong but Starcraft 2 WoL and HoTs are HUGELY popular. not to mention that HoTs was the #1 selling computer game for 9 months straight, so perhaps RTS games are dead to you but to the masses I would say not. the only reason I dont see them making another Warcraft game is because of how WoW is in essence the continuation of that series and world, so to release an RTS based in the same universe would feel a bit redundant and for the most part wouldn't make sense. my thought's on the subject anyway. GL to you all and happy hunting.

Kuv3ra likes this