• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

AJSA Game Development Team

AJSA Game Dev Team   124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an official team?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Maybe
    • Pfft

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

709 posts in this topic

Apparently we are all down to do this, but for us to really get recognize by the Angry Officials we have to show something, so I feel like we should start small so we can get used to working together, I imagine we will need to communicate and we can do that over TeamSpeak and actually get a list of people who are participating, so since we are considered the "Dev" team I feel we should start off with making a Angry Joe App

The Angry Joe App, will include

- Videos

- Art Work

- Updates on forum

- Event dates 

Etc.

And then after that if we really are interested in making games we should start off with Flash Games! With that we would probably need a story, voice actors if needed, and so on.

If a group of people want to start developing a game the tip that Globalnet have given us is almost as good as the real education :=) (Speaking from experience) All talk about engine is unnecessary as this stage where people that want to help should write their experience in game development. If they don't have experience in game development then write what experience you have in field like design, programming, writing and so on.

A great tip that my teacher told me a year ago: Don't think to fare ahead, start with the basic and do some brainstorming before anything else. A game is only as good as the idea behind it and nothing else. 

As for my own qualification: Made couple of games as a University student but lack some real experience working with strangers. Have experience in most programming languages, but may need bit time to re-learn some of the languages but should not take to long.

As for using forums I believe using TS and some meetings would be easier for brainstorm and then have somebody write down what ideas have come fort and what people seems excited about and then narrow it down to something solid?

I think its getting from the topic of the thread itself. Talk of the engine is pretty much sub-level. In the beginning I pressed it there as an example as far as having a primary engine that everyone could focus on and learn, but as I put multiple times if this did gain enough traction there would be of course an entire discussion on this as far as how the process goes. I'm not meaning to be rude, but for some reason a topic that says "AJSA Game Development Team" has translated to a thought process of which should not exist without Joe and those with power standings in the forum itself. I put that title in mind, but maybe I should have put "Official" in front of it so they know I meant with the notice of them in mind in making a section for this, going about the process of discussion that would no doubt follow along what your mentioning right now. Now as far as my thought process on talking about engines, well thats more or less opinionated. Now in such a case as this your going to have those with many varying talents. I put up Blender as a showing of what I thought would make a good official engine to use, but it would fit into a particular genre of use. Its a reason why I mention sub-teams because in such a case multiple engines could be used in such a case as this. It doesn't mean it would be chosen if this did end up going somewhere, but I was placing a focus of an example. Now in such cases as I've pointed out if you think offical game developers, they have their own engines. So individuals going to them some knowledge related to what their doing would work. Imagine if this went through. We have the AJSA development team. Its comprised of sub developing groups that fit into certain genres and those groups may not all use the same engine. So an individual posting their skills may go towards on in particular if it fits their skill set and interest. If they don't know anything as far as development goes, well there wouldn't be a reason in which they couldn't learn through the dev section that would be created that could have the information available for them to learn via video tutorials, but of course these groups would all be managed. Now thats just me going about an brief idea of how things could go, so it works that other engines can be given notice to and talked about especially if this does get traction it will give them an insight to how many know what currently from those that do post. But as I've said this is just my take, there would be no telling how it would go if this actually got their attention and interest to attempt it, but at least a good amount of knowledge would be here not just for that reasoning, but those that do view this that may have an interest themselves could be opened up to programs they may not have even known about beforehand that they may personally just wish to work around with. Everything else you mentioned and what you have said that your teacher said is correct, but all of this in itself is a meld of brainstorming, especially when we have those discussing their points. It opens up further insight to individuals they may have never thought of before. There's nothing wrong with thinking ahead because it can present a goal to work towards, but the key is not to rush to get to that goal; to work things out. Essentially if you work upon a well thought out plan and direction even if one thinks of taking another approach it can lead to the same destination. Possibilities are endless, especially when you have great minds come together.

Uh... sorry. Not to be a massive prick by stymieing the progress of development, but, paragraphs would certainly help to enhance getting your points across. Helps with the overall digestion.

CARRY ON.

Apparently we are all down to do this, but for us to really get recognize by the Angry Officials we have to show something, so I feel like we should start small so we can get used to working together, I imagine we will need to communicate and we can do that over TeamSpeak and actually get a list of people who are participating, so since we are considered the "Dev" team I feel we should start off with making a Angry Joe App

The Angry Joe App, will include

- Videos

- Art Work

- Updates on forum

- Event dates 

Etc.

And then after that if we really are interested in making games we should start off with Flash Games! With that we would probably need a story, voice actors if needed, and so on.

Thing is we aren't considered the dev team because we're not official or in complete union of everything stated. If we were, we wouldn't be a dev team official by AJSA because there is no official AJSA dev team which was my focus for creating this topic. Joe is about the fans so naturally if we had a good majority of the forum within a singular topic and brought it to the attention of a council member or any other individual who is top tier it would be something that would cater to a response from them whether its a yay or nay. When I posted this I made no mention of setting a point of making any creations, just an idea of subjects of creation and to what an AJSA dev team could mean, but all in all being it would be official all discussions as far as to what that would contain and the approach of it would begin with Joe and the powers that be.

Uh... sorry. Not to be a massive prick by stymieing the progress of development, but, paragraphs would certainly help to enhance getting your points across. Helps with the overall digestion.

CARRY ON.

Your not being a prick at all, but if you look back from the beginning post onward you'll see I have paragraphs repeatedly going over it. It just seems that everyone is going by the latest entries and getting thrown off the point I made the topic for. Or maybe I'm just not presenting it right.

Your not being a prick at all, but if you look back from the beginning post onward you'll see I have paragraphs repeatedly going over it. It just seems that everyone is going by the latest entries and getting thrown off the point I made the topic for.

I think its getting from the topic of the thread itself. Talk of the engine is pretty much sub-level. In the beginning I pressed it there as an example as far as having a primary engine that everyone could focus on and learn, but as I put multiple times if this did gain enough traction there would be of course an entire discussion on this as far as how the process goes. I'm not meaning to be rude, but for some reason a topic that says "AJSA Game Development Team" has translated to a thought process of which should not exist without Joe and those with power standings in the forum itself. I put that title in mind, but maybe I should have put "Official" in front of it so they know I meant with the notice of them in mind in making a section for this, going about the process of discussion that would no doubt follow along what your mentioning right now. Now as far as my thought process on talking about engines, well thats more or less opinionated. Now in such a case as this your going to have those with many varying talents. I put up Blender as a showing of what I thought would make a good official engine to use, but it would fit into a particular genre of use. Its a reason why I mention sub-teams because in such a case multiple engines could be used in such a case as this. It doesn't mean it would be chosen if this did end up going somewhere, but I was placing a focus of an example. Now in such cases as I've pointed out if you think offical game developers, they have their own engines. So individuals going to them some knowledge related to what their doing would work. Imagine if this went through. We have the AJSA development team. Its comprised of sub developing groups that fit into certain genres and those groups may not all use the same engine. So an individual posting their skills may go towards on in particular if it fits their skill set and interest. If they don't know anything as far as development goes, well there wouldn't be a reason in which they couldn't learn through the dev section that would be created that could have the information available for them to learn via video tutorials, but of course these groups would all be managed. Now thats just me going about an brief idea of how things could go, so it works that other engines can be given notice to and talked about especially if this does get traction it will give them an insight to how many know what currently from those that do post. But as I've said this is just my take, there would be no telling how it would go if this actually got their attention and interest to attempt it, but at least a good amount of knowledge would be here not just for that reasoning, but those that do view this that may have an interest themselves could be opened up to programs they may not have even known about beforehand that they may personally just wish to work around with. Everything else you mentioned and what you have said that your teacher said is correct, but all of this in itself is a meld of brainstorming, especially when we have those discussing their points. It opens up further insight to individuals they may have never thought of before. There's nothing wrong with thinking ahead because it can present a goal to work towards, but the key is not to rush to get to that goal; to work things out. Essentially if you work upon a well thought out plan and direction even if one thinks of taking another approach it can lead to the same destination. Possibilities are endless, especially when you have great minds come together.

Uh, yeah. Exactly; getting thrown off is easy without much cohesion in structure. So perhaps we'll follow a little better when we can get past the impregnable fortress wall above. You can't expect us to go back to your earlier posts to find information currently presented now. How are we supposed to follow -- actually, nevermind... it's fine...

Disregard this, sorry to derail the topic at hand.

Yeah, but think Globalnet is on the right track and starting on a document and try to represent our ideas would be the best approach and then take one step at the time. Is not like we can expect Joe to use some of his time to think about this if we don't do the ground work or try to represent something where he would be stuck with all the work of managing and find out who can do what and what should be done. It's just to much work and we can do some of the job as a group of individuals.

As for having a developer team i can't expect it to be anything "official" before after showing some results where we have to find out who can do what and try to form something between ourself and find out what works :=)

As for basic game idea (not finish since it's a lot of work that still need to be done) https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_-JGOXq1qPlnm6R2PsM2tL51TjhWWsPGX4zohWaS1E/pub

Uh, yeah. Exactly; getting thrown off is easy without much cohesion in structure. So perhaps we'll follow a little better when we can get past the impregnable fortress wall above. You can't expect us to go back to your earlier posts to find information currently presented now. How are we supposed to follow -- actually, nevermind... it's fine...

Disregard this, sorry to derail the topic at hand.

Your not, but if your replying to a topic. It would make sense to go to the first post of that topic to find out what its about. Because as it shows later post tend to turn into a game of telephone without it. The topic alone I put "AJSA" specifically because we can't just make it an official one without the backing of the person of whom created the forum. If I was intended to just go regular dev, I would have just posted a topic about asking others if they wanted to try making a game. 

Yeah, but think Globalnet is on the right track and starting on a document and try to represent our ideas would be the best approach and then take one step at the time. Is not like we can expect Joe to use some of his time to think about this if we don't do the ground work or try to represent something where he would be stuck with all the work of managing and find out who can do what and what should be done. It's just to much work and we can do some of the job as a group of individuals.

As for having a developer team i can't expect it to be anything "official" before after showing some results where we have to find out who can do what and try to form something between ourself and find out what works :=)

As for basic game idea (not finish since it's a lot of work that still need to be done) https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_-JGOXq1qPlnm6R2PsM2tL51TjhWWsPGX4zohWaS1E/pub

As well as Globalnet's prior posts, I agree with this. If we're going to do this we have to show the initiative and drive for these sort of things, we can't necessarily ask for support before anything has really kicked off... I don't know if any of us have been apart of any development teams but I think the way Global kindly laid it out to us seems like the best execution of our collective ideas, and I don't mean to suck-up either. We need to be more rational, using some degree of foresight and not aggressively charging into the higher stages of development.

If you want to really show Corporate what's what, we have to do this smart, not fight fire with fire.

The structure of how Joe set the forum to work with the council and such is how I was going to go about it since he made it so it would be easier for him to focus all around. And as far as how things work, I mentioned about it being official of the forum so everyone can vote on particular topics and ideas that can be brought up if a section was made. Right now I believe your talking about an idea in the process of making a game, I'm talking about creation of an infrastructure that could get everyone involved in the game making process. In my very first post you'll see I am talking about infrastructure, and not going into detailing on the gaming making process because that gets covered within the teams themselves. In all, I should have explained that better. I pretty much thought for everyone else in that regards so its snowballed to this.

Joe has his heirarchy for the forum so its not all on him, we could have particular members who help run the dev section just the same way appointed by them. In that manner its not putting pressure on him. A heirarchy of individuals with particular tasks to manage it. all the game stuff comes next after that. So we would need to have a working of thought into that before the idea of making any games. Its why I mentioned about having subteams and... >:/ I should have just said this from the get go or rather included further what I was thinking so its my error.

As well as Globalnet's prior posts, I agree with this. If we're going to do this we have to show the initiative and drive for these sort of things, we can't necessarily ask for support before anything has really kicked off... I don't know if any of us have been apart of any development teams but I think the way Global kindly laid it out to us seems like the best execution of our collective ideas, and I don't mean to suck-up either. We need to be more rational, using some degree of foresight and not aggressively charging into the higher stages of development.

If you want to really show Corporate what's what, we have to do this smart, not fight fire with fire.

Thing is, if no one is understanding what I'm talking about initially then it would make sense. My thought process is you can't have the point to just make a game without the foundation in place in concerns to something like this because it would include the span of multiple genres. Its not the same as having a singular company that focus's on one game at a time. If you think of the structure of any business you have the ones at the top, and then the chain of guidance that grows as it goes down. It becomes stable. If i was thinking of just a single team that could be of any size then it would immediately go to what you guys are talking about, but i did say sub teams that work on separate genres as an idea of how placement goes. I should have just detailed that further.

I read the post about it, but think we are talking about the same just different idea and approaches. As for my idea I believe that jumping to make a dev sections and sub teams is not the right idea where making a dev sections is basically saying. We gonna make games and we can do it! But there is a only a few individual that supposedly have the knowledge and time to form groups and start big project that requires time. It's not like we can expect there will be 5-6 teams that are working on different games or genres.

So the thing i was trying to tell earlier (sorry for bad communication) is to start with trying to make a idea on what should be made and make some kind of Design document on what the project going to be. If it's something that is great and AJSA would like to make a section for on the forum. Then that's great :=) Where i don't believe we have human resources for making multiple teams. But making a forum section where people can make topics about their ideas and have discusion is maybe not a bad idea

But who knows :=)

I read the post about it, but think we are talking about the same just different idea and approaches. As for my idea I believe that jumping to make a dev sections and sub teams is not the right idea where making a dev sections is basically saying. We gonna make games and we can do it! But there is a only a few individual that supposedly have the knowledge and time to form groups and start big project that requires time. It's not like we can expect there will be 5-6 teams that are working on different games or genres.

So the thing i was trying to tell earlier (sorry for bad communication) is to start with trying to make a idea on what should be made and make some kind of Design document on what the project going to be. If it's something that is great and AJSA would like to make a section for on the forum. Then that's great :=) Where i don't believe we have human resources for making multiple teams. But making a forum section where people can make topics about their ideas and have discusion is maybe not a bad idea

But who knows :=)

Well for me its just an idea a way of giving example since no one would know fully how it would go but to bring it to enough attention to warrant a conversation is pretty much the point. But as far as going that measure, believe me I never said it would be something that would be easy and there would be alot of discussion on the point of people involved because you know you can't have people with only one foot in the water. If your going to swim then swim, stop kicking your feet. Initially I would like it to be that big, that sectioned out in that type of form, but as far as the process it takes to get to that. I want to go about getting a conversation with them and not one that would be wasted because if we don't have a good majority of the forum with it, I don't see the point of doing something so major.

No worries, it was on my end as well. I had no issues with what you were saying about the process of making a game only a disagreement of when to get to that point which was the initial divide. So pretty much get enough people on the topic, contact AJSA so we could begin those types of discussions when they see they have so many of the forum really wanting to see something like this done. When I was putting out the idea it was just more the envisioned end point. Of course I don't know what that would be but I could think of it as far as tackling different tasks. Of course I think the points of talking about how it could possibly be would be great. Though at this moment your right and I'm with you that we wouldn't have the human resources at this time, but thats why I was thinking of for now getting people into the ideas. We have alot of people on this forum and to get a section made to which individuals can begin to build a direction sharing information would work to leading towards that possibility. Trust me I wasn't thinking like "oh we're going to get this done in like about 2 months". I would like that if it were possible, but something of this magnitude would take quite some time to work out the foundation that would work out for the vast majority.

Dear lord I need to learn how to condense my sentences on points.

@JInzuro I get what you are saying you initially made this topic so the Council could consider in making the Dev team and when it actually becomes official then we start talking about coding games and other things!

Well see my point is that he is probably thinking there is no use of a Dev team, that's why I propose to show him something that we can do as a group. Everything starts unofficial at first, but then it builds up and as time progress and we've actually done something to show for maybe he might in considering making it official for the Angry Joe Show. To be honest, he already has a "Dev" team how do you think he does all the things he do, we just don't know it or he doesn't announce it! So, if you really want this to become official you have to show in what this "Dev" team will benefit for him, see this is his Company he is making money off of everything here and basically we got to get with the program and show our stuff!

@JInzuro I get what you are saying you initially made this topic so the Council could consider in making the Dev team and when it actually becomes official then we start talking about coding games and other things!

Well see my point is that he is probably thinking there is no use of a Dev team, that's why I propose to show him something that we can do as a group. Everything starts unofficial at first, but then it builds up and as time progress and we've actually done something to show for maybe he might in considering making it official for the Angry Joe Show. To be honest, he already has a "Dev" team how do you think he does all the things he do, we just don't know it or he doesn't announce it! So, if you really want this to become official you have to show in what this "Dev" team will benefit for him, see this is his Company he is making money off of everything here and basically we got to get with the program and show our stuff!

This is for game development on a scale for everyone. He does have a "dev" team and him himself working with his videos but thats another category in itself tending with website development. What I'm speaking of is more for everyone concerning making games. I say wait till we get enough people because there isn't a point in them making an official if you only have a small minority of the forum involved in it. So think of this topic itself as a touch into the discussion of it, but also a petition of sorts. I have nothing against the idea of putting up something to show, but if there's only like 4 of us compared to the entirety of the forum, there wouldn't be any point of making it official. We might as well just do our own thing. On another note, though a game could be made for profit, it doesn't have to be. We could just make games for the enjoyment of it, but thats just for later discussing of the issue. Pretty much, get heavy backing of the forum to show a good amount of his fans are interested in this and it will be discussed. Either a yes or no, and as to why. They still could make a dev section for us though wanting to have it and we just have at it on our own instead of their being an official one for the forum itself.

I have some experience (Thanks to skyrim moding) in basic scripting and i also have toyed once or twice with the cryengine but i'm not really good at it. I'm sorry but i can't help.

I think its getting from the topic of the thread itself. Talk of the engine is pretty much sub-level. In the beginning I pressed it there as an example as far as having a primary engine that everyone could focus on and learn, but as I put multiple times if this did gain enough traction there would be of course an entire discussion on this as far as how the process goes. I'm not meaning to be rude, but for some reason a topic that says "AJSA Game Development Team" has translated to a thought process of which should not exist without Joe and those with power standings in the forum itself. (So, you want us to create our own topic to discuss these things? Why does it matter that we need to just turn this into a YES or NO or MAYBE thread? If we are talking about ways to proceed, isn't that a instant YES?) I put that title in mind, but maybe I should have put "Official" in front of it so they know I meant with the notice of them in mind in making a section for this, going about the process of discussion that would no doubt follow along what your mentioning right now. Now as far as my thought process on talking about engines, well thats more or less opinionated. Now in such a case as this your going to have those with many varying talents. I put up Blender as a showing of what I thought would make a good official engine to use,but it would fit into a particular genre of use. Its a reason why I mention sub-teams because in such a case multiple engines could be used in such a case as this. It doesn't mean it would be chosen if this did end up going somewhere, but I was placing a focus of an example. Now in such cases as I've pointed out if you think offical game developers, they have their own engines. So individuals going to them some knowledge related to what their doing would work. Imagine if this went through. We have the AJSA development team. Its comprised of sub developing groups that fit into certain genres and those groups may not all use the same engine. So an individual posting their skills may go towards on in particular if it fits their skill set and interest. If they don't know anything as far as development goes, well there wouldn't be a reason in which they couldn't learn through the dev section that would be created that could have the information available for them to learn via video tutorials, but of course these groups would all be managed.  (Okay. Here I am gonna assert a opinion. I don't like this idea of dividing a already minority within our forum. Does DICE divide the team to work on MMOS and FPS? I realize several studios do this, but they have resources and so many people to throw at each group. [Except for Valve, but they are like elite of the elite])  Now thats just me going about an brief idea of how things could go, so it works that other engines can be given notice to and talked about especially if this does get traction it will give them an insight to how many know what currently from those that do post. But as I've said this is just my take, there would be no telling how it would go if this actually got their attention and interest to attempt it, but at least a good amount of knowledge would be here not just for that reasoning, but those that do view this that may have an interest themselves could be opened up to programs they may not have even known about beforehand that they may personally just wish to work around with. Everything else you mentioned and what you have said that your teacher said is correct, but all of this in itself is a meld of brainstorming, especially when we have those discussing their points. It opens up further insight to individuals they may have never thought of before. There's nothing wrong with thinking ahead because it can present a goal to work towards, but the key is not to rush to get to that goal; to work things out. Essentially if you work upon a well thought out plan and direction even if one thinks of taking another approach it can lead to the same destination. Possibilities are endless, especially when you have great minds come together.

(I agree with those points I have not highlighted. Everything else if prose IMHO, you need to be clear and concise because I had to re-read all your posts three times to understand [Or just press enter every time you have a new idea, it usually helps)

This is for game development on a scale for everyone. He does have a "dev" team and him himself working with his videos but thats another category in itself tending with website development. What I'm speaking of is more for everyone concerning making games. I say wait till we get enough people because there isn't a point in them making an official if you only have a small minority of the forum involved in it. So think of this topic itself as a touch into the discussion of it, but also a petition of sorts. I have nothing against the idea of putting up something to show, but if there's only like 4 of us compared to the entirety of the forum, there wouldn't be any point of making it official. We might as well just do our own thing. On another note, though a game could be made for profit, it doesn't have to be. We could just make games for the enjoyment of it, but thats just for later discussing of the issue. Pretty much, get heavy backing of the forum to show a good amount of his fans are interested in this and it will be discussed. Either a yes or no, and as to why. They still could make a dev section for us though wanting to have it and we just have at it on our own instead of their being an official one for the forum itself.

1.) It doesn't have to be official, sure. Being official is nice. As for if they noticed this thread, it's a 6 page thread on the suggestions forum. Someone in the council should have noticed by now. In fact, I bet they have a topic considering this on their secret forums.

2.) I advice not to make it for profit. We need publicity first, and a free game will do that for us. (Also Angry Joe reviewing it)

3.)I think the forum will back us up. I have no doubt about it. With or without prototype.

Also finally, I'd like to impart the idea that this discussion has proven that numerous individuals in this community would like to do this. If any council members are reading we will probably work on little or no budget if that is the reason why the council hasn't gotten back to us. Actually, I would like to request for a council/officer to reply to us so we can decide how we are to proceed.

Well Im a Writer but all the stuff I planned got halted due to lack of experience with making games, so if I could participate and show my strong suit for the AJSA I would gladly volunteer my time. I helped write Machinima (The Artform not the Channel) scripts from 2008-10 but also have fanfictions that were created in background for those Machinimas so it creates a universe, in total I have experince in normal book-like writing but also in dialogue as well. So if any help is needed I really hope I can be considered.

Edit: This whole thread is so hard to follow, so many pages  :mellow:

Jinzuro likes this

1. So, you want us to create our own topic to discuss these things? No my measure was for us to stay on the topic of the thread itself. We can talk about how things could be which could be used as reference if they decide to implement this if they so choose to. Its turning into hey lets do this right here and get started type of topic which was not the direction I was going for it. 

2. Why does it matter that we need to just turn this into a YES or NO or MAYBE thread? Thing is its not a yes or no maybe thread. I never said that it was or have been against people making ideas, just against those trying to start some sort of production way. Ideas of how production can go are just fine, but not just trying to go ahead and start because it goes against what the topic was created for. If you created a topic about dogs, would you want everyone talking about cats? Their both animals just as we're both talking games, but different subjects for example. I would have created a thread for talking about getting people together to make something to present to them if I was going that route and for that to go in that direction pretty much is like hijacking what the thread was intended for. Which in nutshell was bringing in attention to the idea, and for which my presentation about it was a vision of how it could be and not how I wanted it to official be because hey if Joe was into the honey, I wouldn't just go under him making plans of we're going to take your honey and do this with it we just need you to accept it. So pretty much they can look at the idea, see how many people are on with it and then the decide the best measure of how to go about it with possibly using the ideas people have made on the topic. So going on ahead and trying to make a game without that in mind is not what  I was pressing for and what seems to be the direction the topic I started is going. 

3. If we are talking about ways to proceed, isn't that a instant YES? Exactly, talking about it is perfectly fine and shows your on it if you think of this topic in a sense of being like a petition. Your thoughts on it are your signature of presentation, but trying to go ahead making something for something thats not a solid "its going to happen" is something else. Thats why I never said anything about specifics on making any type of game. That would come later on a different matter.

4. Okay. Here I am gonna assert a opinion. I don't like this idea of dividing a already minority within our forum. Does DICE divide the team to work on MMOS and FPS? I realize several studios do this, but they have resources and so many people to throw at each group. [Except for Valve, but they are like elite of the elite As I've put before its just an idea, nothing thats set in stone and this would be for when we have the man power to do such a thing. I mean with the amount of people who are present on the forum if you think of so many that are coming as possible aid, would you think you could possibly branch it out if you had over 2,000 or more individuals. I think so yes, but as stated, its just an idea that could be discussed, I'm not mentioning in a way of say "hey, we can immediately do it this way" because that would be impossible.

Globalnet, on 20 Nov 2013 - 3:01 PM, said:

1.) It doesn't have to be official, sure. Being official is nice. As for if they noticed this thread, it's a 6 page thread on the suggestions forum. Someone in the council should have noticed by now. In fact, I bet they have a topic considering this on their secret forums.

Think of it this way. I made the topic for the idea of going about the way of seeing if we could go about this route of an official dev team being created for making games. I know that we don't have to make it official, but that is the point of the topic. There are already other topics about having dev sections to which in my very first sentence on this topic I pointed that out about a member talking about having just a dev section period which would encompass all your talking about. This is like the religion thread that was put up. The topic of are you religious, a simple question that could be defined in yes or no and with a little personal insight of why for themselves turns into people arguing points. I made the topic for speaking official, not for regular dev talk that is already been put up on other topics.

2.) I advice not to make it for profit. We need publicity first, and a free game will do that for us. (Also Angry Joe reviewing it)

I have also mentioned before in previous posts that it does not have to necessarily be for profit and that everything on that end would be up to how they discuss how they wish the direction to go. I've very much pointed out my status on the matter is just my idea of what could be as far as it being official and that initially if its supposed to be AJSA dev team then of course those running it would have the main say so's on it. They could look over this topic and see the many ideas put up and they can be implemented yes, but none of what we talk about is a solid deal.

3.)I think the forum will back us up. I have no doubt about it. With or without prototype.

I agree with you fully on this.

Also finally, I'd like to impart the idea that this discussion has proven that numerous individuals in this community would like to do this. If any council members are reading we will probably work on little or no budget if that is the reason why the council hasn't gotten back to us. Actually, I would like to request for a council/officer to reply to us so we can decide how we are to proceed.

I am aware of this which is why I put up my idea for blender since it is a free opensource program with alot of material behind it for everyone to freely learn and use.

2. Why does it matter that we need to just turn this into a YES or NO or MAYBE thread? Thing is its not a yes or no maybe thread. I never said that it was or have been against people making ideas, just against those trying to start some sort of production way. Ideas of how production can go are just fine, but not just trying to go ahead and start because it goes against what the topic was created for. If you created a topic about dogs, would you want everyone talking about cats? Their both animals just as we're both talking games, but different subjects for example. I would have created a thread for talking about getting people together to make something to present to them if I was going that route and for that to go in that direction pretty much is like hijacking what the thread was intended for. Which in nutshell was bringing in attention to the idea, and for which my presentation about it was a vision of how it could be and not how I wanted it to official be because hey if Joe was into the honey, I wouldn't just go under him making plans of we're going to take your honey and do this with it we just need you to accept it. So pretty much they can look at the idea, see how many people are on with it and then the decide the best measure of how to go about it with possibly using the ideas people have made on the topic. So going on ahead and trying to make a game without that in mind is not what  I was pressing for and what seems to be the direction the topic I started is going.

Okay.

My points are already made.

I'll see you guys (or not) when this idea gets approved.

Linux is not necessary, but opensource IDE for programming it depends on language. If you are looking for something specific just contact me and i will give you some recommendations :=). For a more general you can use Eclipse, Bluefish, NetBeans, codelite and some others. As said depends on language you are interested in.

for any advanced programmers, ArchLinux is almost a must-have actually :)

Okay.

My points are already made.

I'll see you guys (or not) when this idea gets approved.

I'm hoping so. And on a side note, you made excellent points as far as how development should go.

for any advanced programmers, ArchLinux is almost a must-have actually :)

It's not needed. The OS is irrelevant (If you don't work on things for Apple where you need a Mac) and force somebody over to a OS that may well take the focus away from programming and is not a great idea. As for working as a programmer i pretty much use what is available. ArchLinux is not bad, but the OS itself does not help somebody to learn programming or make it easier to make advance stuff. What most people that I have worked with are using as OS are Mac's since a lot of development towards smartphones requires us to use Mac and it's a great OS for writing code.

As said, OS is irrelevant for somebody working as a programmer where he use what is available. As long as the OS does not stand in his way to work as normal.

Edit: But this is off topic :P

Edited by tjnome

Well Im a Writer but all the stuff I planned got halted due to lack of experience with making games, so if I could participate and show my strong suit for the AJSA I would gladly volunteer my time. I helped write Machinima (The Artform not the Channel) scripts from 2008-10 but also have fanfictions that were created in background for those Machinimas so it creates a universe, in total I have experince in normal book-like writing but also in dialogue as well. So if any help is needed I really hope I can be considered.

Edit: This whole thread is so hard to follow, so many pages  :mellow:

Just remember the topic and all will go fine. Pretty much your posting here you have shown your interest and also you have stated what you could give. Writers are indeed a part of game development. If you have any knowledge as far as possible programs or ideas of how development can work feel free to make mention and to ask anyone if they mention something that peaks your interest. 

TheComedian likes this