• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

115 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Reasoning for Request:

As Angry Joe said in one of his recent youtube videos on the AJSA, this community is also capable of creating some competitive teams.  SC2 is the perfect game to have a competitive team in, given the many competitive opportunities in the pro gaming scene even for semi-professional teams.  I think SC2 has the potential to be a major component, even if it's small, to our new community!

Pros:

- Integrated team / clan / community system

- Ranked, unranked, and custom games (something for everyone)

- Fun to play with or without other players

- Highly competitive atmosphere!

- Fast paced RTS

Cons:

- Highly competitive

- Steep learning curve

- Necessary expansion purchase (Wings of Liberty as well as Heart of the Swarm)

EDIT:

Additional information (Thanks to DarKnoob):

Also some new information that might be relevant to the success of an Angry Joe Starcraft 2 clan with the upcoming patch 2.1 a few things are being changed: 

• Custom games and the arcade will be free for anyone to download and play meaning that anyone can try sc2 for free an not be restricted to one race.
  • New calendar feature which will allow clans to set upcoming events such as clan wars or training sessions and,
  • Custom clan decals which will be displayed during the game. 

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/11523759/

While Starcraft surly is a great game, I lack the ability to be everywhere on the screen at once and I STINK at micromanaging. You will probably find a lot of talented SC players inside the community but I am not one of them. You will find me in the section of SHAME.

Trackrise likes this

I'm up for Starcraft 2, but I see the fact that this game is competetive as a pro and not a con.

Zavaira and Chuckisbaws like this

I'm up for Starcraft 2, but I see the fact that this game is competetive as a pro and not a con.

Both pro and con the ranking system will match you with random players and not all players can survive the Zerg rush,Cannon tactic and a marine attack (I agree on Starcraft 2)

Acela, Zavaira, Didier1990 and 1 other like this

As Darksky said, it can definitely be a con to those who prefer a more casual experience.  But it'd be great to have a custom games oriented community to go along with the competitive team!  :)

Zavaira likes this

Blizzard restricted game language to russian and I hate them for doing it. Just sayin

We already have an ajsa group and clan on sc2. So things are already growing (slowly) for a competitive AJSA team. If AJ agrees it will happen and I believe it will happen sooner rather than later since we are already forming under the banner of the AJSA. At the moment of this post I'm going online on sc2 for about an hour so if anybody wants to join feel free to pm me or another officer Zavira#573

gl hf :)
Zavaira

JJr. and Arenti01 like this

YES YES YES YES YES. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.

Zavaira likes this

Starcraft 2 is a great real time strategy game with a decent community and should be a part of AJSA.

Zavaira likes this

Starcraft 2 is a great real time strategy game with a decent community and should be a part of AJSA.

YES YES YES YES YES. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.

I'm glad there's interest!  Let's see if we can't get some more on board!

Zavaira likes this

I'm no good at PvP, however I'm a fan. I'd support this. This is one of the biggest E-Sports currently, so it's not a bad idea.

Zavaira likes this

Lets get SC2 on. I would love community tournaments that go by league and would look to that one day that I won first place. I support this all the way.

ZERG MASTER RACE!

Zavaira likes this

Also some new information that might be relevant to the success of an Angry Joe Starcraft 2 clan with the upcoming patch 2.1 a few things are being changed: 

• Custom games and the arcade will be free for anyone to download and play meaning that anyone can try sc2 for free an not be restricted to one race.
  • New calendar feature which will allow clans to set upcoming events such as clan wars or training sessions and,
  • Custom clan decals which will be displayed during the game. 

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/11523759/

CrimsonIchiri and Zavaira like this

Yep, lets get this going officially. We've been doing this for a while un-officially.

Zavaira likes this

I'm definently up for SC2 love the game even though it's annoying meeting diamond league players before you are ranked  :D

Zavaira likes this

Starcraft has a very strong E-sports scene which is a great thing for The Angry Army. Also arguably sc2 is the most difficult game in the world (in my opnion it is) which means it's one of the best games for the progamers of the ajsa to show their skill and prove to everybody that this is a serious community with a lot of talent. I mean I take it seriously but if you look at it from a standpoint from a person who has never heard about Angry Joe (even some of his fans don't take this seriously, you can check some of the youtube comments on the announcement video) when he/she hears the name AJSA they might not take it seriously and assume that It's just a fanboy page. Pewdiepie calls his fans the Bro army, KSI calls his the KSI army-the army thing associated with youtuber's can often times be assumed to be a name that they give to their fans as a joke or sth similar. AJSA members playing at and winning big tournaments at a game like Starcraft would be (in my opinion) the ultimate show to the entire gaming community thet hey we are a serious gaming community, we have our pro's, we have talent and the AJSA is no joke. We are like-minded gamers that support each other and work hard for their dreams :) I think supporting Starcraft would be a good move but everything I have written here is just an opinion of a single person so hey, feel free to disagree with anything that I have written here (just as a heads up I feel like the last sentence can feel like I'm talking sarcasticlly and i'm sure sb might think that so just to make sure that there are no missunderstandings I am serious, no sarcasm intended)

Good luck to you all ^^

Zyrken and CrimsonIchiri like this

I feel like AngryJoe is bringing together some of the most competitive people on the planet, so why not support one of the most competitive games on the planet? 

Zavaira likes this

Agreed. I love this game and I'd love to compete and bring glory to the AJSA :D

i'm in 

Zavaira likes this

I would love to see this game suported by the AJSA, it is such a good game and the arcade is awsome

Zavaira likes this