• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Pete

Civilization V **[Ineligible, No Guild/Clan Need]**

51 posts in this topic

This would be good but you would need hours and hours of time to spare.

While I'm all for some AJSA support for this game, I really don't think its the kind of game built for competitive play, at least not -really- competitive.  Starting biases and locations can and will put players at relatively disadvantages or advantages relative to others just from map generation alone.

Agreed, Civilization V is such a great game and is loads of fun online. This would probably make me start playing it more often.

While I'm all for some AJSA support for this game, I really don't think its the kind of game built for competitive play, at least not -really- competitive.  Starting biases and locations can and will put players at relatively disadvantages or advantages relative to others just from map generation alone.

Yes, but one is able to recover and be on top if one has a good strategy.

Pete likes this

I'm surprised to see all this support coming from all sides!

Thanks guys, I really hope our proposal makes it through in the end.

And to the whole competetive question:

Well as Mosti states, if one has the strategy and guts one can easily recover. That's the charm, everyone has a bonus which does help a lot, but it's the best tactician which always wins.

Always.

So there is potential for a fun competitive community (IF we made one)

August_Marx likes this

We ran our first event today guys and it ran pretty well, we had a couple of big issues setting up but once it ran it was a blast. I look forward to the next one. All the best - Yoshi

Well I see we've been rejected. Which sucks, but all we can do is keep on with our group. I'll post a link later.

Yoshi Powder likes this

Yeah, we still have a great bunch of guys that we can casually play CIV on a weekly basis - Yoshi

Amazing and addicting game. I've played over 640 hours of it and that's a lot considering that I now have over 300 other games on Steam, half of which I haven't even touched (yet). I'd be down for playing more multiplayer here and there, but we would need to dedicate an entire day to play it, especially if there are going to be a lot of people in a match.

i would love to support this game but it really is time consuming, for those who have 5+ hours of free time please support this! its an awesome game!!

I own this game, no expansions. I have never really played however, I got the game for free when I pre-ordered XCOM. Would anyone be interested in couching people in the AJSA?

I own this game, no expansions. I have never really played however, I got the game for free when I pre-ordered XCOM. Would anyone be interested in couching people in the AJSA?

If you mean as in just playing around: Here's a link to a small group some of us from AJSA made: Are you a spy?

Hay I'd support this! Why did this not get farther then here?!?

Hay I'd support this! Why did this not get farther then here?!?

Because Civilization doesn't support clans/groups in-game.

Trust me, I find it sad as well.

But some of us have a group where we play and such.

There's a link somewhere.

Because Civilization doesn't support clans/groups in-game.

Trust me, I find it sad as well.

But some of us have a group where we play and such.

There's a link somewhere.

Yeah I was invited to one last night on Steam, I don't know if it's one of yours, but it's apart of the AJSA so that's a start.

Though, I'd like to argue that though it doesn't support it in game, it's really easy to make up clans/groups outside of game on the networks that host them like Steam. Wouldn't that count for something?

Well, maybe one day. Until then, I'll just be glad to start playing games with real players, I'm tired of playing against a stupid AI!

Yeah I was invited to one last night on Steam, I don't know if it's one of yours, but it's apart of the AJSA so that's a start.

Though, I'd like to argue that though it doesn't support it in game, it's really easy to make up clans/groups outside of game on the networks that host them like Steam. Wouldn't that count for something?

Well, maybe one day. Until then, I'll just be glad to start playing games with real players, I'm tired of playing against a stupid AI!

Trust me, we've tried. But it's fair, the AJSA doesn't have too many resources now. So they need to sort it of course.
Raxyn likes this

Trust me, we've tried. But it's fair, the AJSA doesn't have too many resources now. So they need to sort it of course.

That is a good point. Oh well, let's hope for next year then right?

That is a good point. Oh well, let's hope for next year then right?

Let us. :-)
Raxyn likes this

Just join the army and as my first move, I give my worthy support to this idea! The steam group is also a good backup solution for AJSA civ 5 players. 
Ill join your group on Steam...got pretty much all the DLC's (except scrambled nations) and i cant wait to play against humans insteat of the predictible ai!

Yes,Yes,Yes 

This would be awesome!

Yes im 100% with this game! But when i play with my friends, game starts kikcing people off from the game around 100 turns in on large map. If they work a new updait for that then we can start play it.