• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

therealgdude

Elder Scrolls vs Fallout. Which is better?

35 posts in this topic

If you somehow fall on this topic and more unlikely you care enough to reply, tell me which franchise Elder Scrolls or Fallout is better and why?

I like Elder Scrolls better, Never really got into Fallout.

for me fallout is the elder scrolls with guns.. and i like guns^^

I'm not really sure... I've put in more hours into fallout since I found myself modding it way more than elder scrolls, so I'd have to say fallout really

I see a lot of "not sure" answers but its probably because Fallout and Skyrim are two different games that should be viewed in their own merits.

My personal preference would be Fallout since the world and story is generally more interesting for me. I still like the Elder Scroll series mostly because of the exploration and character progression.

I like them both. Execpt one is with guns and  other wiht magic!

That is a touch decision. I like them both for different reasons, so I would never think to compare them.

I like them both but if i had to choose one it would be Elder Scrolls

If you want my personal opinion, it's tough but it has to be Fallout. I like guns and the wasteland is slightly more interesting imo. I still love elder scrolls (im playing skyrim a lot again) but it's Fallout by a little more.

Fallout 1 and 2 better design, options, companions, quests, writing, humor, and gameplay.

If we just mean the newer ones then Fallout because New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

Until Fallout 4 comes out and Bethesda creates an MMO version of Fallout i cant really say because Elder Scrolls is creating an MMO and has more games in its roster. However,even though it wouldnt be fair deciding right now it would have to be Elder Scrolls.

I personally like the Elder Scrolls world more. It's visually more appealing and I just like using swords and spells over guns. I have to say the VATS system in Fallout is very satisfying when you get that low percent head shot.

Fallout is my all time favorite game franchise so its gotta be fallout

saying that though The Elder Scrolls is my second favorite game franchise 

aha

Hello guys,

I really enjoyed fallout one and two. The gameplay was really cool back thenwhen I first played fallout 3  I thought it was a huge change to the whole gameplay I kinda didnt like it. Well after  two hours I adapted to the new style and tought it was awesome.

Well I just played 2 games of the elder scrolls series : oblivion and Skyrim, but to be honest the deep lore and exploration value in the Series makes it  for me the better Franchise, but to be honest I like them both  :D

The more recent titles of these franchises share a lot of similarities. Right now I would go with Fallout, because the setting seems more interesting to me.

A follow up to Skyrim (that improves on some of its problems) might change my opinion, but I suppose that won't happen for a while with the Elder Scrolls MMO standing around the corner.

DarkDranix likes this

I have to say Fallout its my favorite series of all time but the elder scrolls is really close to changing my mind if ESO turn out to be a failure then fallout will keep its crown but if ESO is a success then fallout might have to make some room a share the crown. .... Now im imagining if you combined them together and like nuked tamriel.

DarkDranix likes this

Now im imagining if you combined them together and like nuked tamriel.

Dude that would be awkward and awesome at the same , a modder should do that.  "fus roh  Bomb" ! tamriel  lies in ashes, Altmer's are fighting ghouls on the summerset Isle, Redguards and Orcs warding off deathclaws while Bretons desperatly try to find a  way to stop radiation. The Argons mutate to  a whole new level of power, while the Khajit lose they fur and nearly become extinct (most of them become ghouls) . its just an Idea you know  :P

The elder scrolls, cause i like the setting even more that in Fallout.

But both are very good RPG titles!

I personally like the elder scrolls series better, primarily because of the fantasy setting and the fact that you don't use guns. The Elder Scrolls just goes down as a more interesting and immersive game in my books 

Both Epic, I feel like your asking me to choose a favourite child and I can't do it........

......oh all right then Elder Scrolls (due to Skyrim).

Now... is the comparison to the newer fallout games or the old fallout games.

The old Fallout games were/are fantastic. There is a ton of references in the newer fallout games to the old games; especially in New Vegas as the old games take place is California.

My favorite Elder Scrolls game is Morrowind and absolutely hated Oblivion.