• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

brumak280396

Awesomenauts

21 posts in this topic

Awesomenauts is one of my favorite arcade games on steam/xbox since late 2012. This game brings many new ideas to the MOBA genre and is also a game which doesn't take commitment to be good at the game(unlike other MOBAS with complex and plenty of perks and items to remember and master). This  game plays just like a regular MOBA game, but is in 2D and is very comical with funny champions such as a pimp-frog called FroggyG, and the game can't be taken very seriously. 

PROS

- Unique 2D MOBA game with a vast amount of online players to play with, and not a complex game unlike other MOBAS

- Needs lots of teamwork which is perfect for a community of this scale

- Arcade game that doesn't take commitment and can be played for 1-10 hour periods at a time!

CONS

- 6 players/match

- game still pretty new so not many champions currently out(24 champions out with starstorm)

- $10 game and DLC costs extra

I hope Awesomenauts makes the list in the official =AJSA= games list!!

I think the Angry Army should play Awesomenauts because its a fun introduction into the MOBA genre. It is a 2D MOBA side scrolling platformer with an 80's/ 90's cartoon style. I would like to have a group dedicated for the game so no one would have to solo queue for casual play, and a team to represent the Army in upcoming tournaments. 

3 PROS:

It is a 3v3 game so queueing in a pre-made team would guarantee some level of play from teammates.

It would create a better community of players from within Awesomenauts (hopefully less rage quitters)

With the currently in development Starstorm expansion, the devs are currently working on a Spectator mode to grow the competitive side of the game. 

3 CONS: 

The online is not perfect, there sometimes is lag depending on the location of the players, so the worse the internet connection is, the worse the lag is.

Disconnects can be frequent

There are no dedicated servers, its all Peer to Peer.

Expl0sionshurt and DarkLop like this

Add Ps3 on here and i'll be on this game again like no tomorrow!

I already made a post earlier about this

I love this game, I'm onboard with this.

So, Awesomenauts now has a PS4 version, will this game ever get a vote? I would happily manage all the Awesomenauts events. With the recent release of StarStorm, the game now has custom game settings for things like Team Death Match and RandomNauts, which allows for a random 'Naut and loadout upon death. A new character is launching within the next few weeks along with (hopefully) a replay system to rewatch games you have played. StarStorm is looking to add a full on live spectator mode within the next few months. 

So, Awesomenauts now has a PS4 version, will this game ever get a vote? I would happily manage all the Awesomenauts events. With the recent release of StarStorm, the game now has custom game settings for things like Team Death Match and RandomNauts, which allows for a random 'Naut and loadout upon death. A new character is launching within the next few weeks along with (hopefully) a replay system to rewatch games you have played. StarStorm is looking to add a full on live spectator mode within the next few months. 

ill bring it up with ross or talk about it with others before, AJ is expanding a bit to PS4 and Xbox One now with infamous and destiny so Awesomenauts will have a good shot of becoming an official game, and ill tell them to contact you to manage teams/events etc

Cpudude30k likes this

I am getting a PS4 Because of that alone

Iv not played this yet, was unsure if my kinda thing. From the positive comments may have to get it.

Iv not played this yet, was unsure if my kinda thing. From the positive comments may have to get it.

It's a fun game trust me it's worth it. i got it off a plus sale on psn awhile back. now i have to get a ps4 for the updated version

ill bring it up with ross or talk about it with others before, AJ is expanding a bit to PS4 and Xbox One now with infamous and destiny so Awesomenauts will have a good shot of becoming an official game, and ill tell them to contact you to manage teams/events etc

Awesome. 

I am getting a PS4 Because of that alone

If you want to play Awesomenauts, play it on PC, its 10 bucks. 

This game would be awesome to see as an Angry Army game.  I for one would totally support it.

I really think this game is awesome, I really believe it should be officialy supported, its a really fun game with a very interesting style of MOBA play. I completly support this game.

brumak280396 likes this

I support this. I like the fact that its really easy for players that don't really play MOBAs to get into. It's even fun with randoms, so with the AJSA, it'd be great! :D

DarkLop likes this

Still waiting on those PM's haha. Anyone feel free to add me I've been playing since launch on PC.