• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tan531

To Battlefield 4, or not to Battlefield 4?

18 posts in this topic

Howdy, all!

I decided to post this here as to not waste space in the Battlefield 4 information section. I have a dilemma: I cannot decide about Battlefield 4. I do not know if I should buy it or not. I think I will wait til Black Friday if I do, but is it worth the 39.99 to 69.99 drop?

Here's some background: I LOVE games like Bioshock. I love shooters that are deep and make someone think about the story. On the other hand, I love shooters where I just get to blow stuff to hell. Payday 2 is a good example of a game where I shoot first and ask questions later, as well as Call of Duty (although I've fallen away from the series). I also like a game with a TON of features (i.e. offline modes, horde-mode, many multiplayer gamemodes). 

Is Battlefield 4 going to be a good choice for someone who fits that profile? Thank you SO much for your time, in advance. 

Never played played a BF4 game before I decided to jump on the bandwagon mainly because I just got my computer and did not have an FPS. Personally I would wait for the price drop; the story is terrible and waaaaay to short, but the multiplayer is sooo good. Nothing like running around blowing shit up, using all the sick vehicles, and you can custum. your weapons a lot. Another reason to wait for the price drop is that hopefully by then they would have fixed several of hte bugs and game crashes.

I have not played the game personally, but from what I've seen of the game, Multiplayer and Single Player, you should not get it.

It is basically Battlefield 3.5, or even Battlefield 3.25, since you are getting a shorter campaign, NO Co-op whatsoever, and a buggy Multiplayer. There are better games on the market right now that deserve your money more, but if You really want to play it, wait until it is $29.99, or even $24.99. 

Thank you all so much. Based on your feedback I will wait for the price drop, and maybe then I'll jump on the Angry Army servers. Until then I'll stick to robbing banks in Payday 2. Thank you.

Don't, it is so disappointing, the weapons are crappy and the single player is horrible.

I think bf4 is a great game for playing with a lot of people. It's story on it is not as good as it could of been. you could wait for it, I'm going to wait till the bugs are worked out of it. Bf4 is a lot different than from call of duty so it is a game to play over it. Not a fan of Cod just sick of it being to similar to each version. Bf series cought my eye with destructible enviornments, and using vehicles to change the outcome of the match. It's more for playing with each other to win rather than just going around shooting. 

I suggest getting it as soon as you can unless... Unless we are talking about people like myself who are console player then I suggest skipping "old gen" and getting it straight for next gen (but you're PC from the look of it)

For now you should wait. It's bugged to hell and the latest patch only seems to have made things worse. That being said, when it works it is a lot of fun to play. I find it easier to 'get into' than Battlefield 3.

Also, don't count on Origin dropping the price. Ever. Online retailers FTW.

From what I have read, and seeing Angry Joe's rant, and reading your responses it would seem that EA and Dice really didn't pull through on this title. 

I find it really expensive for what it offers :/ i won't pay 100euro for it. nope nope nope sorry EA

ill wait it out till the pierce drops still have BF3 so ill be good.

boring campaign.

mediocre multiplayer.

my advise? you'll live without playing it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0