• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Alanas4201

Everyone hates IGN

hate   174 members have voted

1. 1. Are you hate IGn

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

102 posts in this topic

I admit some reviewers they have on staff, their opinion is... questionable.. but ign really isnt that bad, I like the shows and interviews they post, and some guys the reviews r ok

I don't hate IGN but I find a lot of reviews lately very strange. I still can't believe that ZombiU got a 4.5 from gamespot. I love that game. 

To be honest I stopped paying attention to most "professional" reviewers like IGN, Gamespot, the old time magazines years ago when i realized you need to make your own mind up about games, don't get me wrong I watch angry joe and other reviewers on youtube and such on a regular basis, but in the end I'll make up my own mind on how good or crappy a given game is

Titusmcgee likes this

I tend to forget about IGN unless some major game comes out and even then i tend to ignore their reviews, if they want to keep giving cod good scores then let them their reviews aren't going to magically make me buy it. 

I really like the IGN community. The reviews are the honest reviews by gamers.  Beyond: Two Souls was one of my favorite games that I've played this year, IGN gave it 'okay' score. That doesn't mean that the reviewer or me was wrong. Our different experiences just left us with different impressions.

I really like the IGN community. The reviews are the honest reviews by gamers.  Beyond: Two Souls was one of my favorite games that I've played this year, IGN gave it 'okay' score. That doesn't mean that the reviewer or me was wrong. Our different experiences just left us with different impressions.

good sir you have my respect 

Respect.jpg

I don't hate IGN, I still check the site every once in a while to see what's going on in gaming but I go elsewhere for reviews.

I stopped trusting IGN reviews when they gave God Hand, I think a 2 out of 10. 

I voted yes, but i dont hate ign, i do dispise some of the corporate reviews, when some games have 1000+ user reviews of negative (0 to 2 shall we say)  a few hundred mid and lucky if theres 50 or more good reviews where the "proper" reviewers are mostly 7 to 10 and praising the game then right down at the bottom of this particular game im talking about theres a few honest reviews closer to the avg as the user votes.. it begiles me how some folk in the industry think we dont watch both sides of reviews not just the shiny ones we also note the bad reviews, or at least downright honest. I have a somewhat long memory so i can spring to mind some particular reviewers who vote high blatently on some games to try get there name on a game hoping the game devs/distributors will think these guys thought we were gods.. or something like that, mostly bribed as the rest of you correctly think yeah or wanting to be...  just annoys me as a consumer.

And thanks to the forums of games, in particular the independant forums where i do my snooping we find personal honest views on a game as its released (be it beta or early access or day 1 "finished" (sigh) ) and as it developes past any updates or patches as folk who buy and enjoy or wanted to enjoy a game will come out and speak as they feel, be there bias or not its nice to see from folk who play the game for more than a few minutes/hours. Which TB joe and a few others go back to a game and show its progress, which i like.

I neither like nor dislike them. That being said, fuck them and every corporate tit-sucking reviewer with a splintered broomstick, I give 0 shits about what they say.

Metacritic is pretty much my go-to review site, because through my experience, their collection of critic and consumer reviews seems to align much closer with my taste. I feel the score aggregator pulls the score closer to its true value.

I don't hate IGN, I just don't watch there reviews as they can be bought and thus they have no use for me.

Only been on IGN once, saw what was on and left again.

But again, people using the "hate" word when a lot of folk are just indifferent.

We go our way, IGN goes it's way, and we ignore each other. It's a relationship that's worked for years.

I don't take much stock with their reviews, I read more than look at the scores though, so I get a better general idea. I like their TV/Movie reviews though, and their news and articles more than hte reviews

I like ign but i'm not stupid I also know they get payed so..why should anyone hate them? :S

I don't hate IGN but I do not like their inconsistency that they put on the table every day.

For me it reeks paid reviews. But also that those people reviewing the games have a different taste than I do.

My interests align with those of AJ and TB more than they do with IGN. Does it mean they're wrong?

From my perspective yes. But that is a subjective view on the matter, just like playing a game and how one receives it is subjective aswell.

I'm sure there are tons of people valuing the reviews IGN puts out for every game, but it's not what I think of the game so I don't trust their reviews.

People will go to those reviewsites that cover their interests more, after all every review is subjective in a basic way.

It boils down to you choosing the reviewer that has the same, or similar, interest and taste of a game as you do, and thus can give you a better insight if you'd play that game aswell.

P.S: Poll is lacking options, needs moar.

They never play the games long enough, hence why Rome II got a great review. Call of Duty gets good reviews because they can complete the game in an hour :P

I just go by this saying stay for the news not for the reviews

ultimakillX likes this

IGN was taken over my the corporate commander  

Sonic Free Riders deserves a 2/10. Not sure if you're saying their score was too high or too low

I think it's an established fact that everyone in the AJSA hates Sonic Free Riders

I don't like their reviews. I stopped turning to them for reviews when they kept giving every call of duty game like a 9 or something.