• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Linkfan3

Who here has ever played the original DOOM or Wolfenstein from the 90's

43 posts in this topic

I never played the games, the most I ever played was the demo of DOOM, but I am aware of it and the demo was more fun than Call of Duty, at least in my opinion

Im stupid enough to play on nightmare then complain about shotgun enimies respawning behind my back and 1 hitting me :(

I have played both DOOM 1, DOOM 2, and DOOM 3 and beat each one. All three of them are better than COD or Halo.

I've played all dooms and the part of the orginal wolfenstien, Super fun games. Very little plot, but who cares it's just a blast to mow down imps with a minigun and shotguns, especially the super shotty.

Wolfenstein 3D was one of the first games I played. I also played Doom around the time it came out and the second one at some point. I was never much of a fan though, I always liked more tactical shooters so I'm not really a Doom/Quake or CoD/Battlefield person. Didn't like the third Doom at all though.

Played both doom and wolfenstein back in the day when i was a lil gamer. 
Both really good games and good at what they do, BUT to compare them with cod 1 and say they are better I have to say you are wrong. Specially with wolfenstein 3d. It was one of the first ( if not the first ) of its kind and had a lot problems that needed to improof to make a great game. Doom was a lot better but as sad as it is i have to say that i didnt play it that much. CoD 1 on the other hand is still one of my all time fav fps games for the MP mode it had. Yes it was released a lot later and had learned from the games before, but is that a bad thing and in my book that makes it better.

But then again its all about opinion and I can see why you would pick any of these games ( well maybe not wolfenstein ) over the other

I never played the games, the most I ever played was the demo of DOOM, but I am aware of it and the demo was more fun than Call of Duty, at least in my opinion

Wolfenstein was my first FPS game...and if i am not mistaken it was the first game i played with a mouse and not only that but unless my memory is playing tricks on me i played only with the mouse(no keyboard) O_O'.

I'm a veteran of both games. Played Doom and Wolfenstein all the way back in the 90's. :D

Quake also came into the picture by the end of the 90's (my brother rented the full version from his friend back then.)

It's an oldfag thread? :D

A 16 year veteran here, both as a player and a mapper/modder. First experience was around 1995 when I finally  got 4MB of RAM for my 386 SX computer, my first experience with episodes other than Knee Deep in the Dead was the Super NES version of Doom in early or mid 1996 which was a unique experience despite it missing a bit of content (front facing monsters, shotgun was more like a slug shot rifle, interesting music, lack of a few levels).

My first maps were made in a program called DCK back in early or mid 1996, which I quickly accustomed to drawing sectors with opposed to vertex then connecting the lines like DoomCAD or DEU were like. The earliest publicly released levels that I can find was from January 4th, 1997.

I played the original Doom when my brother brought it home on a freaking homemade external hard drive, it was awesome, but I was very little so all I remember is the feeling I got from being a 4 year old killing zombies and demons over my brothers shouts of "hell yeah, blow that shit". Healthy childhood :P

Glaice likes this

It's an oldfag thread? :D

please dont, its not even funny on the pile of shit it comes from

Speaking about Doom levels, who plays Doom 2 levels? :D

I did some tidying up to a 15 year old map of mine that fixed a few errors (incl. 2 closed sectors), making the ammo count not as tight and increasing the difficulty a little bit.

It's a really old map so don't expect it to be up to par like my more recent maps.

Screenshots:

wkm7x9hs.png xiaGtQ4s.png YvO5O8qs.png rWIyhvks.png gKt1jRts.png

cQ1EmDOs.png QtoKTwss.png Pqf8iPLs.png qOhm1o3s.png kP4WpzHs.png

Edit: Not sure why the 10 screenshots are showing, any idea mods/staff?
adamrulesurface likes this

Wolf 3D and Doom were my first "fps's". I remember going to my dad friends house n he would load it up via CMD command and I thought it was the coolest shit ever! Then when the return of castle wolfenstein came out I was BLOOOOWN away that I could disintegrate people hahaha. Honestly wish FPS's were made with the same dedication and thought process as old school FPS's like Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal Tournement

Doom was my very first person shooter, I have to say I miss some of old games. I lot of them are harder to complete then a lot of games that have come out over the past years. today it seem there put more into graphics then the game or story the but that in my own opinion.

Doom was my very first person shooter, I have to say I miss some of old games. I lot of them are harder to complete then a lot of games that have come out over the past years. today it seem there put more into graphics then the game or story the but that in my own opinion.

I think this pretty much explains what you mean :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

Demonknight1988 likes this

I LIVED on the original Doom and Doom 2 for years in highschool, as well as a lot of Duke Nukem 3D. All are fantastic games. I'd love to play some Wolfenstein tho, never got to play that.

I didn't play these games back in the day, but I did pick them up on the XBLA and played them then. 

I LIVED on the original Doom and Doom 2 for years in highschool, as well as a lot of Duke Nukem 3D. All are fantastic games. I'd love to play some Wolfenstein tho, never got to play that.

If you have Steam, you can pick it up for $5, same with Spear of Destiny.

man i grew up playing doom and they are still fun as hell today, even with the crazy difficulty.

I've play most of the Wolf games so far to completion (3D, Spear, RTCW / ET, and 09'), and at least touched all of the Doom games.

Wolf3D and Spear of Destiny are great, RTCW was honestly the best, and '09 was a bit lackluster, but still fun.

Doom 1 & 2 are also fantastic, and 3 was interesting.

Ever played? I still play them to this day!

Allow me to introduce you all to perhaps one of the best mods out there.

This is Brutal Doom, watch it, then fucking play it NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO!

The Anti-Santa likes this

Also relevant. Maps download in the description. Brutal Doom, custom music and sound effects sold separately ;)

The Anti-Santa likes this

I played  Wolfenstein when I was little, the problem is that I would get sick after playing for some minutes, so I could never finished it.But it was really fun, until my stomach said "dude your lunch wanna say hello again"