• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Linkfan3

Who here has ever played the original DOOM or Wolfenstein from the 90's

43 posts in this topic

I played both back in 1997, both doom and wolfestein were amaizing. In the following years i remember when i started to download the second wolfestein, that game was crazy, by that time i was playing quake also, gud days back then. Later on counter strike. Wolfesrein and doom were the very first two fps games that changed everything in my gaming life.

I always keep replaying wolfenstein on my old GBA

Quick fun while games are loading.

First Doom on my mom's working PC and... Zero Tolerance on my Sega Mega Drive :D man, what a game it was!

Woldenstein 3D was probably the first game I ever played.

To answer your question quickly, anyone who lived through the 90's has played Doom and Wolfenstein : P

The originals? No. Just ones from XBOX Live and Doom 3 BFG Edition. Wish I did though.

Wolfenstein 3d was the first FPS game I remember playing or was it Doom? Anyway W3D was such a maze in later game.

Return to the Castle Wolfenstein was great reboot but it kind of fell flat when "the bugs" appeared. They should have put pigmans in it or something less magical.

Played all 3 and DOOM 1 and 2 music is so kickass, unfortunately I have never played Wolfenstein, it'll be a game I'll pick up eventually though :D

For those interested, get the standalone versions on Steam and NOT the BFG Edition as they have not been butchered to appeal to the Red Cross (both games) and Germany (Doom2).

This is what MAP31 is like on the BFG Edition:

This is what the original version of Doom 2's looks like:

If you want an unedited, original version of the games, get the $4.99 versions and not the bullshit version that's with BFG Edition.

I played all three dooms, but none of the wolfenstein games. 

Played them all! Amazing games then and they still hold up today! Especially if you get the Brutal Doom mod

both great games but for me Doom still holds the pole position. Its darker and more intense with all that demonic setting. I hope Doom 4 fullfills my expectations.

yeap i played both Doom series and Wolfenstein 3D and also Return to Castle Wolfenstein which was amazing. I don't count the newest Wolfenstein which was horrible. Great series hope the new one will be good. Also people who haven't played Return to Castle Wolfenstein or any Doom series they should be ashamed calling them selfs First Person Shooters Players.

Glaice likes this

Played both and completed both, I had Doom on the SNES totally blew me away when I first played this it actually creeped me out a lot too, my biggest memory of Wolfenstein was the crazy robot Hitler, classic!! 

Played both and completed both, I had Doom on the SNES totally blew me away when I first played this it actually creeped me out a lot too, my biggest memory of Wolfenstein was the crazy robot Hitler, classic!! 

There was one thing the SNES version I loved and was memorable: the music. As much as there were no floor/ceiling textures, single sided enemies and a few levels missing (E1M6, E2M5 and E3M5), it was still a good game. The only downside I did not like is you couldn't choose the episode at the start, you had to beat E1 to get to E2 and had to beat E2 to get to E3.

I love Doom and all the Wolfenstein games! I love the recent Wolfenstein game as well, and the upcoming one looks really good to me. Otherwise, I am not going to make comparisons of modern shooters to these classic shooters. Because that's how I do things, I don't compare... and, I don't want to fuel more uneccesary CoD, Halo, or modern shooter hate.

Now, here is something awesome. I am sure we all know the classic scenario: Your parents didn't let you play violent video games and/or you got a demo disc for PC with Doom on it (or Heretic, another awesome Doom engine game), and you went over to a friend's house to play these violent games. For me, this friend had like 4 or 5 PCs for gaming, with all the good stuff on it, including Quake or Quake 2! We did LAN co-op in Quake 2! That was amazing! Nothing like great gaming memories, right?

Well, I was scared to death of every single one of these classic shooters. Doom was the most terrifying, and I remember sitting in a corner with my trusty chaingun. To this day, Doom still gives me the creeps, especially Doom 3 (one of my most favorite first person shooters). The Cacodemon is probablly the scariest thing I've ever seen and heard. It is just a ball of flesh floating around, how is that not creepy? Oh, don't forget the Pain Elemental.

(Don't forget about Doom 64, guys, it is pretty good. Get Doom 64 Absolution for free, its a total PC conversion of Doom 64!)

I played Doom in my first computer. I remember how I was trying to find out all the secret doors.