• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DoctorEvil

Star Wars: The Old Republic - VOTE PASSED

AJSA SW:TOR   358 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA officially support SW:TOR?

• Yes! I promise to play it regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Maybe, after a major expansion.
  2. 2. If yes, what faction would you (primarily) play as?

3. 3. Would you be willing to play/transfer to the server Jedi Covenant?

• Yes, playing as Empire
    • Yes, playing as Republic

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

239 posts in this topic

It' really not worth playing f2p, far too many restrictions. I just have a monthly subscription and look at it as part of my monthly entertainment budget. It's the same as if I go to see 2 movies a month, or one if I include snacks and drinks. It's STILL very buggy (I'm noticing bugs that still exist that I reported in the beta!) but as far as I can tell most of the game breaking bugs are fixed. I wouldn't say it's pay to win though (maybe for pvp but i'm not a pvp-er) as most of the stuff you buy are cosmetic, convenience, or consumables that you can buy in game so f2p is manageable, just annoying when you find something and think "Oh that's cool I'm gonna do that" then find you have to unlock it.

I have to say I'm on the fence on this one.  I splurged for the collector's ed back in the day, although I didn't pre-order so I didn't get the fancy black and yellow crystals.  The f2p aspect of this MMO is pretty crippling.  I have too many games and other things going on these days to really want to spent the money paying for an monthly sub like that all the time again.  I wouldn't call it it p2w, and the big reason I wanted to play it was for the storytelling aspect.

I have to strongly oppose the claims that the game is Pay to Win.

Inventory slots are bought for credits, not Cartel Coins (if you are subscriber). Also, many people sell all kinds of unlocks they bought with Coins for credits. That includes Artifact gear, Operations and yes, even Inventory

Cartel Market Gear works just like other regular "orange" gear, it offers no benefits over normal pieces. Also, most of the new armors from Reputation or even the new Operations is Adaptive.

The Free to Play model SWTOR has works like a very long demo version. And it is entirely possible to play as a Preferred player. My guild Raid Leader is stubbornly refusing to subscribe (he is Preferred) or to buy unlocks for Cartel Coins, and it is working well enough for him.

Anyhow, I would like to see AJSA playing this, although I like my guild way to much to leave it for AJSA Guild.

If there are any Europeans playing on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, feel free to send me a PM here.

It's a damn good game, very fun to play PvE. 

Tekdrudge likes this

I am currently re-installing the game. I played when it first came out for a few months with a sub. I stopped playing because I had no one to play with. I know it is not official yet, but seeing that people already play I am in. I see that "Prophecy of the 5" is the place to be for the AJSA. I will definitely head that way.

Also, the space combat looks amazing.

i like SW:TOR,
but im a f2p player and in the game you can do very less things with out to pay.
for me its more like a free trial version, where you can play the story but nothing more.

gotta say i am a bit surprised about this one showing up at all with so many other MMOs that dwarf it tho i suppose the F2P dos make it look nice but my motto for MMOs are if they are F2P but have subs in them they are pay to win (Perfect world entertainment) and are therefore unfun because you need to drop 3X the amount of work to get to badass statues plus there is the nerfs that come and go so ill pass

Hopefully will be able to join the guild for the SWTOR division soon if it passes the voting. my current clan is a bit... odd 

gotta say i am a bit surprised about this one showing up at all with so many other MMOs that dwarf it tho i suppose the F2P dos make it look nice but my motto for MMOs are if they are F2P but have subs in them they are pay to win (Perfect world entertainment) and are therefore unfun because you need to drop 3X the amount of work to get to badass statues plus there is the nerfs that come and go so ill pass

even tho you are f2p and you are limited you should be able to get the prefered status from the Cartel market it will nerf your experiance less then basic f2p membership i think its around 400 to 800 cartel coins i'd pass em to you if the game allowed it but unfortunatly it doesnt :(

even tho you are f2p and you are limited you should be able to get the prefered status from the Cartel market it will nerf your experiance less then basic f2p membership i think its around 400 to 800 cartel coins i'd pass em to you if the game allowed it but unfortunatly it doesnt :(

The preferred status is for buying anything worth 5USD from SWTOR.com (so even the Deluxe Edition upgrade counts). Also, for any serious play, you need the expansion pack, which comes as part of subscribtion now, so that is 15USD

The preferred status is for buying anything worth 5USD from SWTOR.com (so even the Deluxe Edition upgrade counts). Also, for any serious play, you need the expansion pack, which comes as part of subscribtion now, so that is 15USD

yeah thats correct and with the new expansion pack being released Galactic Spacefighter i personally am looking forward to playing it again even considering subscribing again :D 

I have played this game before as Non-Sub and as a Sub, there are allot of Cons for not subscribing like an xp penalty after level... 10 I think, but it is still playable (at least for me). The different races are very entertaining and the classes are fun to play around with. I would definately play this game if AJSA started up a clan... or whatever their clan system name is. 

all the cons + the "target to attack" battle system made me quit, that stuff is just not interesting to me and bores me alot

also the environment (IMO) isnt so great either, i didnt feel immersed in it, for a StarWars game i found the environment was really poorly done

therefore, that alone is enough for me to not support this game :|

the unoffical AJSA guild on the Progenitor server is up and running ( hope it will become an offical one :) ) - if you are there and want to join it whisper Téal'c or any other AJSA member

If this passes, I will download and play with you all.

An official guild will give me a major reason to get invested into it again.

Yes the official guild would be very nice, because it's hard to get into Flashpoints lets alone Operations to get a good gear. So if there is gonna be the official AJSA I'd come back. Maybe we could push Bioware and EA into making the game more friendly to non-subscribers. 

I think the best server would be The Red Eclipse for AJSA Guild

I have a feeling if this game gets passed, it will ultimately be up to the Council what server AJSA ends up on. My two-cents.

I would suggest Bergen colony, its PVE so it has something for every kind of player.

Yes.I think this would be cool for us to play.

Haven't played it in quite a while, but if this would get support of AJSA, I'd come back to it, even if or an hour a day, since it's the only reason I haven't yet went to US to occupy Bioware building till they make KotOR 3 ;)   Thing is that without a decent guild or at least a bunch of friends to play PVP, it gets boring pretty quickly, especially if you don't have preferred account. It doesn't give that much of an edge over free (at least in the short run), but lack of trade system without it is so damn frustrating. After all, MMOs are that much fun (at least some of them) mostly because of community that is based around the game, at least for me it was always somewhat important.

As for potential servers, I agree with BBASH, Bergen would be pretty cool. 

Yes!!! i would love for the angry army to be in SWTOR i love this game