• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

GenghisTaunTaun

Opinion on the Mass Effect Series.

102 posts in this topic

I finally completed Mass Effect 3 a few months ago after being a fan of the series since Mass Effect 2. Mass effect 2 is probably my favorite game of all time and 3 was fantastic as well (although I preferred it before the extended cut came out because that basically killed the indoctrination theory). What are your guys opinions on the series? Favorite one? Best/Worst moment in the game? Who did you romance/why?

An Angry Albino likes this

If I had to point at my fav game it would be 2 closely followed by 3, Liara's my favourite romance but im doing a playthrough with Tali to compare. The ending sucked but the Citadel dlc made up for it with me :)

It has been one of my favorite trilogies, too bad about the endings!!

Well i like the series but mass effect 2 is just awful in story wise and story is the most important thing in a game for me. The whole story is to put together a team for mission and then do the mission and done. Theres no massive story plots that matter in the overall story in my opinion. And to make matters worst, the game wants you to make a lot of side quests so you could complete the game succesfully and i didnt and probably wont re-play it again. And MF3 ending was just meh.

Erranruin likes this

I loved both mass effect 2 and 3 :D the citadel dlc was so funny and really made mass effect 3 go out with a bang. I do agree that the ending was a little bad but it did make up for the slidshow showing all the things affected by those 4 choices. My all time favorite romance has to be the faithful Kaiden romance and for male shepard definelty Liara or Tali. I didnt like Ashley, espically in mass effect 3, they made her turn into something she is not and that just disappointed me. And Happy N7 day everyone :)

I loved both mass effect 2 and 3 :D the citadel dlc was so funny and really made mass effect 3 go out with a bang. I do agree that the ending was a little bad but it did make up for the slidshow showing all the things affected by those 4 choices. My all time favorite romance has to be the faithful Kaiden romance and for male shepard definelty Liara or Tali. I didnt like Ashley, espically in mass effect 3, they made her turn into something she is not and that just disappointed me. And Happy N7 day everyone :)

I felt like she was constantly crying in mass effect 3 and I didn't like that.

I felt like she was constantly crying in mass effect 3 and I didn't like that.

I didn't like Ashley in 3 she seemed annoying "/ Kaiden for life! My canadian brother :)

I played Mass Effect 3 only, but i enjoyed it, didnt like the ending though

I romanced Tali because she was my favorite. I thought the second one was the best game, and not just because of the third ones ending. The choices just seemed to not be as important as the series went on. The lack of a boss battle bothered me, and the suicide run at the end of the second was one of the most tense things I'd done in a game. 

Frillycakes likes this

My favorite in the 3 is definitely the first one, followed by #2.

Sadly I really don't even like #3...

I really enjoyed the ME-series, though as with alot of people I was very disapointed in the ending of the third one, but it still remains one of my favorite game trilogies. I hope the next one they are planning will explore more of universe!

I'm all about the Garbear relationship my self, and as a series I love it. I hate to love it some more! Just a really fun series of games that I would not give up for all the money.

It is such a love and , towards the end, a big hate relationship I had with Mass Effect. I didn't think I would get this effected by an ending but considering you worked 5 years for reaching to the end... I guess it was expected. I still did not finish ME3 because of it. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I will fondly remember the good times and may replay ME1-2 but I can't look into ME3 without getting sad anymore.

I loved the first ME game, but then the series took more of a action shootery path, but I'm grateful for the RPG elements brought back in the third one.

The first ME is the only game ever that I've gotten all the achievements out of so it says a lot!

I thoroughly enjoyed all three of the games, One being my favourite closely followed by two. 

For my Romance options, Fem Shep = Garrus Male Shep = Tali.

The ME Trilogy has to be one of my favourites out of all the games I've played, I LOVE the Sci-fi theme and that they pulled it off really well; With a lot of amazing Aliens(Turians/Quarians ftw.)

I've played Mass Effect ever since it originally came out and have loved it ever since. It remains to this day, one of the few games that I can replay over and over. I must admit though, I was a little disappointed with ME3. An incredible game, yes, but severely lacking in a decisive conclusion.

I played the first one and the second one, And i still don't like the games :( I really tried to enjoy myself. The role playing elements are really good wich is the reason why i wanted to like them. Never really been interested in "space" theme games or movies. And I found the combat really boring. But that's just my oppinion. I really liked Dragon age origins though :D

Played all 3. On both PC and PS3.

ME2 is my favourite one. Character's, action, pace, story. ME1 was really good also, though i did not enjoy the shooting mechanics and the MAKO made me cry several times. ME3....*sigh*....

There was a mention that ME2 had no strong story. Well it did have one. It continued where the first one stopped. Start of the ME2 was superb. I literally sat and thought "WTF did just happen ???" and it continued perfectly from there. I romanced with all female characters but i liked Tali and Jack the most. In general, i think most awesome character was Mordin Solus. He deserves a spin off...

But yes...then came the Mass Effect 3...at first it was "not bad" though i thought the Reapers are like...really powerful and such but they sure gave Shep time to race around the galaxy :) And then came the end. It wasnt Mass Effect ending. Even the patch that gave various new endings....no....no....stop...no....AAARRRGGHHH....it makes me still angry how some a-hole just took a bloody steaming d**p on one of my favourite game universe and thought that he/she is a bloody brilliant person. NO!!!!! NO!!!!!

Damn....pisses me off....i will go and do the Sheppard dance for a while now...cools me down....

I  Liked the first and the secound was an inprovement on most of the areas(still had some features what i didnt like, example the new travel system on galaxy map)and had a very good imersion factor , great backgroung music, funny street chats, beatiful graphic.

Then the 3rd part come out, on this point i had 2 Sheaperd ready to save the galaxy, one ruthless earthborn full renegade female one, and one on starship growing up hero full paragorn male one.

With the first one i destroyed everithing and everyone who was in my way and when i ended up the secound part i taked the collectors base and in the progress i lost every crew member and all the recruited characters expect miranda.

With the secound one i save everyone who could be saved in the storys, allways called morally right choice, destroyed the collectors base, saved the entire crew and didnt lose a single recruit.

So.... 3rd part come out , first run, paragorn hero. Played trough , not  much  supprise , prety much what i expected(exept shitty end), exepct that i could not save the krogan shaman, was wondering ,so after i saved the galaxy googled the problem, and the answer was that you  can only save him if you have morrdin alive (check) and the medical data form hes student from the secound part(check). Okay loaded back that part played through the whole segment, she still died.

Later i found out if in the secound part you tell mordin take the data then its okay, BUT...if you tell mordin that the experiment where unethical and after he says "it can be still usefull" and you say "then take it , all this  dead should be not in vain" then it counts like you dont even taked the data , was frustrating.

Secound run, renegade bad ass, my first disappointment was when the illusive man let me the same way down like he did with paragorn shep. Regardless that in the past we where almost in everything on the same point, and shared the same wiew of resolutions. I thinked on that  point , okay hes  now  the ultimate  bad  guy so they  made it so that you can't take even a bit symphaty with what hes doing, so i get over it.

Story goes on and a waited the serious inpact of my different choices what i made in ME2.........and NOTHING .......there was not a f****g difference... , Jack died so what  there  was an another teacher doing the very same thing, just have more boring lines, legion was gived to cerberus so what, there was an exactly same  way created geth on the ship just with more boring lines, Grunt was never release from hes tank, guess what there  was an another  krogan doing the very same  things with more boring lines, they even replaced the killed Rachni Queen with a cloned one just to keep everithing in the same way regardless what you did.....wtf? it was a so monumental dissapointment i cant even tell it with words.

The only and  ...realy the only thing good about in the my scound play through was the charachter who replaced Mordin, it was the only character who had personalyty, interestin lines was bad ass and  funny in same time and even he playd the same  part in story like mordin was a very good made characther, honestly it was far more better to have him like Mordin. But that it...thats  all what the 3rd  part could  give you, that was all the impact what you could make...seriously?

and i dont  neet to tell about the endings.

Naturally they where small differences, like if the drell died  in the secound part then you losed one of the member of the council and such thing but in owerall i did not matter.

The 3rd part piss me off so much that i didn't buy'd or play'd any of the DLC's after that.

ME2 was great , but ME3 was a f*****g mistake and a shame, and  now i could tell aout all the faulires of the 3rd part, all the story holes, all the spoiled gamplay things like for example the seriously simplified chat options, but the net is full of these things so no point.

In all the third part was a huge dissapointment, and the multiplayer part become very boring and repetitive after a short time, i realy  regret to give out (dont remember correctly ,around)60$ for this  game , definetly wasn't worth it.

ps: sry for my weak engilsh

My favorite would have to be....all of them. I like ME because the *do nothing and just walk around everywhere* was alot greater than the other games, and I kinda liked the old loot system. Also I could climb for motherfucking days in my mako. God bless that thing. ME2 because the character development was solidified a bit more and gameplay was a bit more thematic. I also really liked the story in it. I like fucking loved ME3 because the storytelling was the best out of all the games and the new wepeon system was reminiscent of the first with a bit of tweeks. It really gave me a sense that everything was on the line and one fuckup move would result in millions of people dying. I also really liked how I got caught in a love triangle with Tali and Ashley (ashly being my romance in the first game and Tali being in the 2dn and 3rd). I was really funny but I couldn;t give up my Tali. Not even Miranda's....er you know....

But in the end, I love all of them because they are so.....mother....fucking......goddamn......HARD!

Haven't finished it up yet. I'm on the second one though, loving it so far :)

Mass Effect has affected me more than any other series to this point. I think the one thing they did right throughout the whole series was character development. I didn't like every character, but I felt attached to so many that I have to say the series was an absolute masterpiece in that regard. I loved ME1 and 2 fully and I'd give story to ME1 where I'd give the rest to ME2.

I was extremely disappointed with 3, and I still am. The inconsistencies were in more than just the ending, and while it had some of the most emotional scenes in any game I've ever experienced along with some really beautiful lines of dialogue, it just didn't do the story justice. Things like the Citadel DLC was more of what the series has never ceased to do right, but the problem was different than that. I'm by no means saying its a bad game, just that they screwed up big and in some big areas.

I'm a huge Talimancer, and even to the point of doing an AU FanFic starting at the end of ME2 and writing until the end of the Reaper War. If you like a good Tali romance, or want to see my take on the end, then I'd appreciate anyone checking it out and giving me their review.