• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Petite Penguin

So I am predominantly a PC gamer but is a PS4 worth an investment?

20 posts in this topic

Hello Angry Army!

I am looking for opinions on what consoles I should buy. I tend to buy consoles based on how many exclusives I can get that I can not get on PC. Nintendo being one of those companies I buy consoles from mainly because of their high amount of exclusives (C'mon who doesn't like Mario, Kirby and Donkey Kong Country.). I currently own a PS2, Wii and Xbox 360 from my pre-PC days. 

I am wondering if PS4 would be worth buying compared to the Xbox one. I have to say my Xbox 360 is kind of a flop for me because most of the games I can get on PC are found predominantly on Xbox with exception of a few like Red Dead Redemption and Gears of War. This is not surprising since they are supported by the same company. 

Thanks so much for your input!

Depends. Are there any present or future console exclusives you are interested in? Any genres?

PS4 is most likely going to have the best TPS games, more JRPGs, experimental games and general variety. There's also some talk of them rebooting old franchises like Colony Wars, Crash Bandicoot and Parappa. Xbox is most likely to push harder in the FPS department, although there's not that much to show this yet. They'll also push kinect gameplay more and probably have more "party games".

Then again you liked Nintendo games and their first party output will be solid as always. Personally I've kinda fallen off the Nintendo wave since the Wii. Super Mario 3D World also has a design I don't really like, but if you want fun family friendly games then Nintendo is a sure bet.

Petite Penguin likes this

Yeah, I have to say I am not the biggest FPS gamer (I play them casually and I have to be in the mood to play them).  I love games with story and  sand box elements (Fallout series, Elder scrolls, Mass Effect [before EA gone and F'ed up with Origin], GTA I'll even enjoy. I love stealth games like Thief, Metal Gear Solid, ect. I like rts games like Warhammer, Total War, Age of Empires for example. I like RPGs a lot more then FPS that is for sure. I noticed the Xbox 360 pushed a lot of FPS games. I guess that is why I didn't buy a lot of Xbox 360 games. XD

Plissken likes this

Well, let's look at it this way. For myself, I do plan on getting the Playstaion 4, cause I've been with Sony for most of my life, or so. I'm not sure how many exclusive games the Xbox One will have, but so far, it seems that Playstation 4 has more of the exclusives. Ranging from Killzone Shadow Fall to Infamous Second Son. But, I have a suggestion for you. Just go on youtube and look up reviews on the system, see if it really is worth your money. By hearing other opinions, that could help you judge if you want to buy it or not. I hope this helps!

I think WRPGs are going to be supported equally on both consoles, so that makes both the PS4 and Xbox One viable choices (or the PC :) ). I also love games with story, both WRPGs and JRPGs, so I personally have gone with PS4 due to it most likely having more JRPGs.

For you it might be better to wait, since you seem very into WRPGs and PC more than covers that genre. Although I think Infamous: Second Son might interest you, so you might want to wait until March to decide.

For me yes but for one reason, Naughty Dog. I loved The Last of US and the Uncharted series and I think they are going to continue to make great exclusives, but I think this means you don't have to rush into any decision. it will be a while before they release any content and by then Microsoft might announce a killer new IP that might sway you. So you have time before any really good exclusives for either console are announced so I say wait on the fence for now and enjoy the titles that will come out cross platform.

Personally I would say, in a financial state of mind, that you should stick to PC as it would probably be more cost effective to spend less money on upgrading your PC, then spending money on a PS4. However, if its games your looking for then its up to you really. All of the games that you mentioned above are on the PC (I absolutely love Mass Effect, Fallout and pretty much all of the games that you mentioned :)).

I'm going to wait till a price drop for the PS4 since I don't have the money right now to buy it but i am really interested in all of the support Sony is giving to indie developers (I love indie games). Personally, I've grown tired of Microsoft. I was an Xbox fanboy for 7 years before I got my first PC but I eventually sold it after that whole DRM always online scandal. The Xbox began to concentrate too much on the FPS genre and it seems the Xbox One will continue to do the same so I'm going to stay away from Xbox for a while.

I'll be sticking with PC since I LOVE me some graphics!!!!!

Petite Penguin and Robaato like this

Yeah, I can never leave the PC. Once you go PC that's where you are going to be! A PS4 or Wii U would definitely be like my secondary source of gaming entertainment. I need to upgrade it in a year or so so yeah, probably will hold off. I just really miss MGS....and games like Last of Us seems to be up my alley. I'll just have to wait for a price drop then. 

To be honest MGS just kind of went off the rails with MGS4. I loved all the other including peacewalker for psp but I've kind of lost my confidence with the franchise. It went from a must buy to a wait and see. My gut tells me you won't be missing anything with the new one. But I'm open to being proved wrong.

I saw some game play on Chip and Ironicus of Metal Gear Guns of the Patriots and I really liked it. I am not sure about Metal Gear Rising...it looks fun but it seems to be more hack and slash then stealth oriented from trailers i have seen. 

For a PC gamer, between the PS4 and Xbox One, I would go with the PS4.  It seems like a lot of the One's exclusives are also coming to the PC, while Sony's first party games will only be on the PS4.  

I think you should totally get a PS4, I mean even if you are going to be playing multiplats on PC the exclusives on Sony's consoles alone are worth the experience. Look at Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, inFamous from the PS3. And looking back on the older exclusives we had Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot. I think it's well worth the investment!

AverageSpacePope likes this

yes man, go for it, it has a lot of exclusives, Killzone, god of war, uncharted, inFAMOUS, ratchet & Clank... any genre, playstation got it, stick with your PC and if you want a console, go for it!

Damn I loved my PS2 :) Ratchet and Clank was so awesome and I watched an entire playthrough of The Last of Us on YouTube. The new Killzone's graphics are the best I've ever seen but I'm not to sure about the gameplay though since the controls for killzone games have always been a bit awkward to get used to. If Sony and Naughty Dog announced a new Crash Bandicoot game, my PC would be traded straight in for a PS4 :). We can only dream................... However, until that day I'll stick to PC.

Lol, is it bad that I predominantly play my consoles when I am sick with the flu, have friends over or need to lay down? I can't do that with my PC (well except with playign multiplayer with friends locally but its more comofrtable on a console ). XD

definitely get a PS4 if you can i personally thought PS3 had some of the best and most interesting exclusives and so will the PS4.  

I really don't think you're going to be satisfied even if you have the intentions to try out the new console. You sound like a somewhat hardcore pc gamer now so I say stick to the pc since it's something you appreciate.

definitely get a PS4 if you can i personally thought PS3 had some of the best and most interesting exclusives and so will the PS4.  

I agree i think PS4 will be worth in long run

Definitely, The PS4 will have a wide range of exclusives and Sony owns one of the best developers out there(Naughty Dog). I would recommend you to get a PS4 later because at the moment there isn't any system seller game. When Gaikai is available, buy it. If you don't know what is Gaikai, Gaikai is the only way of backwards compatability for the PS4. There are a lot of good exclusives the PS3 have( The Last of Us, Uncharted, Dark Souls, Infamous, God of War, etc) that will worth every penny.

To let you know I'm also a PC Gamer and I have a PS3 and it worth it. I mainly use my PS3 for exclusives which I don't regret at all and I mostly use my PC. Most of PS's exclusives are mainly for single player, just to let you know,

I believe that PS got better exclusive, god of war, the last of us, FF, metal gear, the order 1886, destiny, infamous, uncharted, and more  idk, i prefer PS over Xbox, the only game i really wanted to play in xbox is titanl fall but thats coming to PC so... 

my opinion

cya later 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0