• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

LoreMaster

Which Tabletop System?

Which Tabletop System?   65 members have voted

1. 1. If the Angry Army fixes up a tabletop session on skype/roll20, which system do you wish to be played?

• Dungeons & Dragons ( includes Pathfinder )
    • Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition ( yes they are very distinct )
    • Shadowrun
    • Dark Heresy
    • Call of Cthulhu
    • Vampire the Masquerade
    • Mortals
    • Pendragon
    • Savage Worlds

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

115 posts in this topic

After watching TB's Dark Heresy play , I find myself quite interested in it. Also D&D is a given.

After watching TB's Dark Heresy play , I find myself quite interested in it. Also D&D is a given.

You should watch the D&D one on the channel, it starts out pretty bad but gets hillarious. JP and Geoff are both great in that one too as is the DM, the other two not so much. Actually listening to it right now.

You should watch the D&D one on the channel, it starts out pretty bad but gets hillarious. JP and Geoff are both great in that one too as is the DM, the other two not so much.

If I can get around the 36 chapters , I would look into that one aswell. Its just that Engelbart Kappa is just hilarious to watch :) 

If I can get around the 36 chapters , I would look into that one aswell. Its just that Engelbart Kappa is just hilarious to watch :)

Yeah he's easily the best and watching that made me like Total Biscuit even more.

Personally i like G.U.R.P.S though i like D&D as well and though i have never played Call of Cthulhu i would be up for that as well.

Also i just found this online system called Roll 20 it is free to use has built in dice rolls it can even simulate dice with 3d modeled dice. the only issue woulld be getting materials and such to work with it.

Also i just found this online system called Roll 20 it is free to use has built in dice rolls it can even simulate dice with 3d modeled dice. the only issue woulld be getting materials and such to work with it.

What do you mean materials?

Now i can't say much on this subject cause i never played one, but i do watch lots of tabletop rpgs on twitch and my favorite has to be Shadowrun.

I would love us to get a table top rpg going as long as its on a weekend I know id be there its ben a few ears since I last played on though not many people who play in my area

Not sure what you mean by D&D being complicated. I seem to remember rolling 12d6 in Shadowrun just to make an attack roll.

I can't really vote for any of those systems since I'm no big fan of any of them... Well, D&D 3.5 is fine but I can't really vote for it anyways. My favorite systems is World of Darkness (Any of them since they're basically the same rules everyone but I really recommend Vampire the Masquerade) or King Arthur Pendragon (with tons of house rules I've made since we've switched to a more high fantasy setting than the normal medieval setting that's in the rule book), both of which I'm currently game mastering myself. One World of Darkness Vampire the Masquerade and a Mortals game and, of course, the Pendragon game.

I do love Rogue Trader as well, have a game planned for that at some point with some friends but we haven't gotten to that just yet. But these two... Well, three, systems is what I recommend.

I've added those suggestions so you can vote for them now :)

In case we do decide on those I hope you can GM it because I don't think many of us have experience playing it. Pendragon seems cool though, I like Arthurian lore very much. From wikipedia: "An important part of the game is the time between adventures, during which player characters manage their estates, get married, age, and have children"

that seems pretty cool! 

I can't really vote for any of those systems since I'm no big fan of any of them... Well, D&D 3.5 is fine but I can't really vote for it anyways. My favorite systems is World of Darkness (Any of them since they're basically the same rules everyone but I really recommend Vampire the Masquerade) or King Arthur Pendragon (with tons of house rules I've made since we've switched to a more high fantasy setting than the normal medieval setting that's in the rule book), both of which I'm currently game mastering myself. One World of Darkness Vampire the Masquerade and a Mortals game and, of course, the Pendragon game.

I do love Rogue Trader as well, have a game planned for that at some point with some friends but we haven't gotten to that just yet. But these two... Well, three, systems is what I recommend.

I'd like to try Pendragon but don't own anything for it. I'd prefer to keep the medieval setting though. I also liked the sound of Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones with your group creating a house together and having stats for their power, land, population, military, etc.

I'm not really sure why you would radically alter D&D system anyway, there are a lot of other systems out there to use. Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Game of Thrones, and Burning Wheel are all games that handle your abilities in a different way if you just didn't want to play a roll D20 game. Numenera you still roll a D20 but all rolls and skills are very simple to understand or to create a difficulty for in that game.

I never said I was editing the D&D system, I was just making my own diceroll system.

I understand the modifiers are meant to be safety nets, but sometimes player luck really does run that bad.

The idea I had for a system was not to revolve it around numbers and d20 rolls, but around rolling several die that represent aspects of skills and situations. A high-leveled combatant would roll things like d10s and d12s while someone of less skill might rolls d8s or d6s. Basically it works under the understanding that the more sides a dice has, the less likely a critical failure is, and the higher the overall number when measured up to fewer die or die of less value.

But I don't claim to be an expert on this stuff, I'm mainly just trying to make an easy-to-learn system to use for an RP group. The current "system" they use is just rolling a d20. No feats, no modifiers, no stats, just straight-up rolling a d20.

I recall a brilliant suggestion for D&D where attack rolls are d16 + Hit Die for that class.

So for example a wizard would get d16 + d4 whereas a barbarian can have an awesome d16 + d12. Not sure how critical successes/failures are done though. But hey, I don't mind suggestions to change the system either. Just post it on General Discussion with a MSWord/Notepad attachment for download. 

shrug im personally fine with d20 rolls, especialy because my local DM makes the critical fails an exersize in hilarity.

Well I forgot to mention that it's not like the success rates are calculated either. It's just "roll higher than the other person". So a 4'2" little waif can kick the ass of a dude in power armor because the waif has been rolling 20s like crazy or the armored tank has been rolling 4s and 6s.

The golden rule of RPGs is that the dice is only rolled when the results are not clear. Which is why I never roll for initiative because unless an 18 DEX elf is being surprised he will always be faster than a 3 DEX orc

Yeah Lore, I agree with you there. I'll keep that in mind.

I always find the ''You are in point blank range '' then you role a 1 ... and you shoot to the ceiling somehow. Ahh the cruel dice.

The lack of Savage Worlds representation is saddening.

I've only tried DnD with Pathfinder, but i enjoyed it quite a bit. May try the others on this list if there was anyone in my area that hosted them.

Ok Savage Worlds is up, you can vote for it now. And post GMT time please :)

I'd really like to play Fallout Equestria, but this isn't a brony-forum, so I stick with the classic D&D :3 

Currently Pathfinder is probably my favorite system though I do actiually really like 4th Edition.  They both have very distinct pros and cons that really depend on the kind of story you want to tell and the kind of feel you're going for.  I also love the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu system.  Savage Worlds is also great because of how perfectly it can be adapted to fit almost any setting.