• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wintermanv3

Killing Floor

18 posts in this topic

I believe that Killing Floor should be added as an official game. 

PROS:
-Cooperative game play for up to six players against multiple waves of enemies

-unique class system that allows for a variety of gameplay

- updated constantly and features seasonal events that add new content

-loads of weapons in the game, as well as a ton of steam workshop items

-wide variety of enemies that look scary

Cons
-difficult for beginners

$19.99 on steam, but is usually on sale for around $4.99

Gutsbit, Badguy292, mrZalli and 2 others like this

Killing Floor is good and fun game and I would really like if AJSA supported it. It is indeed a little hard for beginners at normal difficulty but that didn't discourage me so much because the rest of the game was fun and exiting, especially when I was playing with my friends

Gutsbit likes this

I love to the AJSA to check this out & rate it. & possible army (questionable?) 

Army support would be hard but not impossible due to the 6 player cap on servers it would be hard to have enough server open for AA members to join. I would have to say no but anybody who wants to play add me.

Laxor likes this

Killing Floor is awesome. Totally shoud be supported by the Angry Joe army :3

Let's get our game on! I'm currently creating my first custom map for this game, and i can host a server. With a "Not good but not too bad" internet.

What does it bring the comunity to make it a official game?
A server doesnt add anything except a drain on the bank acount.
A teamspeak channel, yes but there are other emty channels to.

So I ask, whats the point?

I believe you need at least 3 pros and cons.You only have 1 con.I could be wrong though.

I actually don't know. it's a co-op game, and I see it like Borderlands 2. While the game is indeed fun, and not difficult to understand (except for perks for people to find out about and how to change it in mid-game), it is not a competitive game.

In addition, the game is very repeatable and with time people might stop playing it. While downloadable content can make the game fun a little bit, it will not last long.

For last, this co-op game will bring you and your friends closer to each-other only because it lacks player vs player and very fun and amusing game to play.

I actually don't know. it's a co-op game, and I see it like Borderlands 2. While the game is indeed fun, and not difficult to understand (except for perks for people to find out about and how to change it in mid-game), it is not a competitive game.

In addition, the game is very repeatable and with time people might stop playing it. While downloadable content can make the game fun a little bit, it will not last long.

For last, this co-op game will bring you and your friends closer to each-other only because it lacks player vs player and very fun and amusing game to play.

Hmm, I have seen several Deathmatch servers. both Free-for-All and Team based. But there is competitive elements in the game, i think we just look at it differently. I played Borderlands 1 and 2, and a few DLCs. But i slowly got away from it, Killing Floor still has me hooked as ever. This game just did something right. xD

Eternal likes this

i honestly don't think killing floor needs to be supported, as it only has a server cap of 6. so it would be hard to organize any kind of event, i think its fine to just have it as a teamspeak server as it is right now. 

i honestly don't think killing floor needs to be supported, as it only has a server cap of 6. so it would be hard to organize any kind of event, i think its fine to just have it as a teamspeak server as it is right now. 

It is possible to adjust the player-limit, though i have yet to research how, but i think it's only changing a .ini file. It's not bannable, i do it often. I also believe that's how you do PVP, Deathmatch and Friendly Fire.

BTW: There is also the possibility of making new gamemodes, if one knows how to code them. I don't... yet...  :D

Army support would be hard but not impossible due to the 6 player cap on servers it would be hard to have enough server open for AA members to join. I would have to say no but anybody who wants to play add me.

I've seen servers modded up to 32 player slots for both PvE and PvP. 22+ player servers are the only ones I ever play on any more. Ultimately though the game is old enough where the population, general interest in the game is quite low thus making it a poor choice for expansion.

Alanas4201 likes this

I've seen servers modded up to 32 player slots for both PvE and PvP. 22+ player servers are the only ones I ever play on any more. Ultimately though the game is old enough where the population, general interest in the game is quite low thus making it a poor choice for expansion.

Yeah when i play Killing floor i always play modded servers with more levels and with 20 or 30 players.

Badguy292 likes this

Yeah i would say they need to be modded like crazy for the servers to fully function for the army... 6 players won't be enough :P

Definitively should be someone experienced with dedicated servers.

I'm not experienced with dedicated servers, but I have experience in Killing Floor. If anyone is up for it, I'd gladly "Carry the noob" (thanks Gomly) and if anyone wants to just play, add me on steam. The more the merrier in this game  :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0