• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Reyas Khaal

When are you upgrading to the Next Gen?

When are you upgrading to Next Gen?   240 members have voted

1. 1. When are you upgrading to get a PS4 or Xbox One?

• On Release Day
    • When I get the money
    • Until I am forced to buy a Next Gen, due to no games being made for this gen
    • When I feel like it #LikeABoss
    • I won't upgrade

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

Probably soon, my ps3 just ylod on me while playing GTA5. I kinda want another ps3 to keep playing GTA5 but the ps4 just came out, so i dont know. So much time in GTA5, now gone, AAAAHH!!!

Upgrading when it releases where I am.
I am in one of the countries which has a delayed release which is annoying because I have to purchase certain versions of games twice (with a six month gap in between)
But at least by that time any software bugs should be ironed out (such as BF4) and also the list of game titles should be well established by then!
Just hope there will be console packages which make the consoles seem less expensive by then too!

When I finally catch up on PS3 gen games. lol. I don't have a job and when I do manage to scrape together a few pennies I buy myself a game and beat it in a week. haha. When the PS4/XB1 actually have a fair amount of games that I just can't ignore them anymore I will buy one. If I have the money.

In my opinion game consoles are not designed the way they were used to back in the day so I'm gonna wait at least a year before I get a X1 or a PS4

This. Also, I have a bunch of games on my backlog. That'll keep me busy.

Neither console is out in the UK yet (22nd for the XB1 and 29th for the PS4) but I'll be waiting at least a year to make sure there are no hardware issues before I fork out £350-£450 for one :)

I imagine that it'll be awhile for me, since there is still a huge backlog of games to play through, and without backwards compatibility, there isn't much point in upgrading at the moment.

I'll upgrade when Dark Souls 2 and Watch Dogs come out. There's still life in my 360. Still don't know which system I'll get first though...

i won't upgrade. The PC is all I need for now. maybe Later when more interesting games will come out.

I'm waiting at least a year. Of course, if PS3 support is stopped before then I might upgrade earlier if a really good PS4 exclusive comes out.

From reading about some of the initial problems of launch, I am still going to wait a bit before I upgrade.

Christmas for kiddies like me..

Ill be upgrading on the 29th of november when the ps4 comes out in the uk.

well i need a lot of money if i want a ps4... live in argentina its a pain , mostly if you want to buy a console...  :(

I was hoping to get it sometime soon but there pretty much sold out everywhere maybe when the XBOX ONE comes out they will start having PS4 in stock!

Money is tight with the holidays now so maybe by spring time I can stash enough for a PS4.

I'm doing pretty good right now with wwe 2k14,cod ghosts,diablo 3, and to a lesser extent battlefield 4 because I know it's a million times better on next gen but I want to play the remaining current gen games I'm really looking forward to south park the stick of truth, dark souls 2, and the fable 1 remake I know there's got to be other games I just can't think of them right now after that I'll be upgrading to the Xbox One and then shortly after to the PS4 probably around march when titanfall drops

March for me as well. Currently saving all the money I can. I'd rather buy a console when I have money enough for it, plus some games, and not feel insanely broke afterwards. Also, right now I'm enjoying what I have. I really appreciate what Joe and also GiantBomb are doing with showcasing the system and its games in various videos. That way I can kind of chill out with my hype and wanting to get it right now. 

So yeah. Around March.

I wiil wait for them to fix most of the bugs and have a good number of great games, then will chose and buy next-gen!

I think I'm gonna retire and become a scavenger of current gen titles. 

I have been supporting the game industry whole my life, but I don't like how they just piss in my face and I can't even complain before someone tells me I'm overreacting, that I need to be patient or that I'm stupid for getting X product on day 1. 

I know how you feel man. And there are so many used current gen games that are so freaking cheap right now!

The only next gen game I'm really excited for is probably dragon age inquisition. I actually beat dragon age origins the past month or so and I bought the game for like 3 dollars at gamestop used. This is now one of my favorite games!

I'm not particularly excited about ps4 or the next consoles. The only thing that interests me about them I think is the new graphics potential. I haven't had any hands on with them though so I shouldn't be so quick to judge. Paying to use online on playstation doesn't make me too excited either. :/

Was thinking of buying on release but it's already sold out. I preordered a ps4 and hopefully getting it late December.