• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jenssons

gaming pc

28 posts in this topic

am saving up to build a gaming pc because i want to get into it so what parts do you think i should get?

can it at least last 3-4 years

btw i use £ not $

All depends on the range of price you want to spend really.

£700-£1500 or lower because i don't want to over spend 

you know like pay for what you dont really need

How about Alienware? A bit costy at times but darn it the quality is over 9000 for sure.

How about Alienware? A bit costy at times but darn it the quality is over 9000 for sure.

no i want to build a pc and make it mind

mmmh.. Nvidia GTX 780 or a titan would be a good choice.. atleast.. that's the sort of hardware I want to save up for, v.v Sadly only have A Radeon HD 7670M in my laptop.. I'd likely have to buy an entirely new rig just to get one of those video cards working >.>;;  but sadly I have no idea what motherboards, or cpus and such would be decent.. x.x as I can't afford such things myself.. bleh.. either way, goodluck  with making yourself a decent compy~ :3 I hope my video card suggestion is atleast helpful.

It would be nice to have a starting point; I could just go off and design my dream machine, or I could know a bit more of what you want. What parts are you looking at right now? Do you have a monitor that you like? Do you have a mouse and keyboard that you like? Do you want a bluray drive? I'd assume with your budget you'd want an ssd; how much memory would you like for it? Is it for gaming only, or do you plan on streaming/video editing?

It would be nice to have a starting point; I could just go off and design my dream machine, or I could know a bit more of what you want. What parts are you looking at right now? Do you have a monitor that you like? Do you have a mouse and keyboard that you like? Do you want a bluray drive? I'd assume with your budget you'd want an ssd; how much memory would you like for it? Is it for gaming only, or do you plan on streaming/video editing?

i have every thing but the parts are needed in the tower case

i too am in the market for building a new pc so i was wondering if we might make a new thred where the more seasond and tech savy of the angry army can guild the less technologicaly inclined in the wonders of computas, just a thought.

i have every thing but the parts are needed in the tower case

What games do you want to play that are currently out? I'd like to know so that I can provide you with benchmarks.

Also, are you going to stream?

At least for now, I can provide you with this:

CPU: One of these or better

CPU Cooler: I'm not one to give recommendations for this.

GPU: I'd go with a GTX 670 or higher given your budget. Upgrade this first for the most improvements for your money.

I'd recommend getting an SSD to save some of your games on.

Ram: at least 4 bg, I personally go with 8

PSU: Don't skimp out on this (quality wise and power wise), having a cheap psu could cause damage to your cpu, gpu, etc. Even the best psu can have problems though. You'll most likely be safe with 650w, but it would be a bad idea to get more depending on what motherboard, cpu, gpu, and cpu cooler you are getting.

HDD At least a 500bg HDD; most people recommend a terabyte, but I have never even gotten close to taking up that much space.

The motherboard really depends on whether the cpu is intel or amd and what functions you would like to have from it. You could get away with a cheap motherboard depending on what options you'd like to have from the motherboard.

i too am in the market for building a new pc so i was wondering if we might make a new thred where the more seasond and tech savy of the angry army can guild the less technologicaly inclined in the wonders of computas, just a thought.

Have you ever built a pc before? What is your budget and when do you plan on building one?

Have you ever built a pc before? What is your budget and when do you plan on building one?

never build i know how and i want to play next gen stuff

never build i know how and i want to play next gen stuff

Edited my previous post.

Edited my previous post.

right now budget can be as much as i save i just want to know what would be the best for my money like how some people buy moster pc's but they didnt need to get one so costly i just want one that can last about 3-4 years that can play any games from now to like 2017-19 and that i can record on (i well build it when i can buy it)

right now budget can be as much as i save i just want to know what would be the best for my money like how some people buy moster pc's but they didnt need to get one so costly i just want one that can last about 3-4 years that can play any games from now to like 2017-19 and that i can record on (i well build it when i can buy it)

Well that's the beauty of pcs, you can upgrade them whenever you want.

If you want to record your games, I'd go with the AMD FX 8350; you'll get the most bang for your buck.

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ It's pretty cheap, but will do the trick. You can upgrade this as you'd like

PSU: Corsair 650W modular Gold

The rest, same as above.

Well that's the beauty of pcs, you can upgrade them whenever you want.

If you want to record your games, I'd go with the AMD FX 8350; you'll get the most bang for your buck.

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ It's pretty cheap, but will do the trick. You can upgrade this as you'd like

PSU: Corsair 650W modular Gold

The rest, same as above.

ok ok so with video card should i go for like gtx 760-80

and making sure this well run all the new games like battlefield 4 and titainfall and mainly more games to come

ok ok so with video card should i go for like gtx 760-80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXG9PVOoolY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfMYb1Jk0FU

Personally, I'd go with the Radeon 7970 right now for the price to performance ratio. You can always upgrade and sell it later when newer gpus come out and the prices drop. I recommend looking at a lot of review on these cards to see what would be best for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXG9PVOoolY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfMYb1Jk0FU

Personally, I'd go with the Radeon 7970 right now for the price to performance ratio. You can always upgrade and sell it later when newer gpus come out and the prices drop. I recommend looking at a lot of review on these cards to see what would be best for you.

you sir are awesome

you sir are awesome

I not really an expert, but I hope that this information gives you a good starting point.

Unless you are on a tight budget don't go for AMD. They are abandoning the AM3+ socket and you won't get any new performance CPUs for years and it just simply is not as good as intel.

A i5-4670k is a great CPU and I'd highly recommend it. Someone recommended a HD7970 but I'd go for the Sapphire Toxic R9 280x, it is basically the same card but superior. Or if you wanna go Nvidia a GTX 770/780(depending on budget) would be nice.

Unless you are on a tight budget don't go for AMD. They are abandoning the AM3+ socket and you won't get any new performance CPUs for years and it just simply is not as good as intel.

A i5-4670k is a great CPU and I'd highly recommend it. Someone recommended a HD7970 but I'd go for the Sapphire Toxic R9 280x, it is basically the same card but superior. Or if you wanna go Nvidia a GTX 770/780(depending on budget) would be nice.

I'm in the same boat as you. If the budget fits the suggestions are just about spot on

CPU Cooler: I'm not one to give recommendations for this.

PSU: Don't skimp out on this (quality wise and power wise), having a cheap psu could cause damage to your cpu, gpu, etc. Even the best psu can have problems though. You'll most likely be safe with 650w, but it would be a bad idea to get more depending on what motherboard, cpu, gpu, and cpu cooler you are getting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8HsjgtMzEg

CPU Cooler- I use AMD Processors and they tend to run hot at full load. Good news is you can use a pre-made water cooling system that gives you most of the advantages of water cooling with much less technical skill/worry

PSU- This is pretty much the only thing everyone agrees on. Bad PSU=Bad Day. Go gold rated, modular, and I prefer a larger margin of power so I start at 850 watts, that way you don't run it close to 100% all day every day

Someone recommended a HD7970 but I'd go for the Sapphire Toxic R9 280x, it is basically the same card but superior. Or if you wanna go Nvidia a GTX 770/780(depending on budget) would be nice.

Good catch! For some reason I was thinking that the 280x was a 290x in the benchmarks I looked at.

how is 

i7 4770K

Radeon R9 280X

Asus Z87-PRO

Corsair Vengeance 16GB

SSD 240GB SATA

Western Digital - 2TB Desktop SATA

Corsair Gaming Series 800w

how is 

i7 4770K

Radeon R9 280X

Asus Z87-PRO

Corsair Vengeance 16GB

SSD 240GB SATA

Western Digital - 2TB Desktop SATA

Corsair Gaming Series 800w

looks good, but I'd get kingston memory and a different PSU just because of personal experience. I used to assemble custom computers for a living and anything corsair got RMAd a lot. Bad quality.