• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Do you like Loot-whoring?   49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Loot-whoring?

• Yes! Love it!
    • Meh! Don't care!
    • Nope! Just a waste of time!
    • Other... [However that is possible]

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

Loot-whoring! Who doesn't know about it. Whoever played a RPG like Borderlands, Sacred or Diablo definetly does.

What do you think about it? Is it incredibly entertaining? Is it a waste of time selling so many things you don't need? Does it decrease the value of each weapon/armor? Something else you have in mind? 

Tell me!

I love Loot-whoring in RPGs. That is probably why I consider Borderlands the best RPG I have ever played. It is just funny and entertaining. Sure they are just numbers, so would Yhatzee "Zero PunctuatioN" Crosshow say, but I don't really mind it. It is just something that thrills me, like amazing music that is not made these days anymore, but Vid-game soundtracks.

And now you! I am taunt :3

I like to loot, it's quite satisfying for me. But i'm not sure if I really go out of my way to loot. Wait, what the heck, I want ALL THE LOOTS.

Also like yourself, in Borderlands 2, i'm always trying to figure out the puzzles to get to those crates and chests! I just need them.

I am more of a hoarder than ...you know. Skyrim was one of the indicators for me to realize that after WoW really. I tend to keep a lot of items that feels significant for me or for the lore , no matter the stats. Other than that, of course getting new upgrades for your items and sets would add a new joy for playing the game for me.

I wouldn't stoop to the level of ''ninja-looting'' items but if it is something I REALLY REALLY want, I would try to negotiate my way into it :D

If there is no loot, killing them is MOOT ! 

it always depends who you are playing with :) if you are playing with cool people it can be incredible fun racing to the loot and snatching items in front of each others noses but if you are playing with assholes something like this can quickly escalate... but i try to avoid playing with assholes :P

In co-op, I hate loot ninjas. If you dare to touch my loot, I will personally kick your ass from here to the moon. When playing games such as Borderlands 2 with people, I want that everybody gets a look at everything and gets to pick what fits them the most. But in singleplayer: COLLECT ALL THE LOOT

Not really. There's usually not that many kinds of items in a game I'm interested in. Playing Borderlands for example unless it was a pistol better than the one I currently had or a bolt sniper rifle, I wasn't really interested.

Like this?

Watch till 14:15ish

Of course I mean this :3 

I only played BL2 co-op with a friend, and we are both too nice for our own good...so we were almost trying to push the weapons on each other. :P

Nah, seriously...loot-whoring is why I don't play public games with no loot system.

I would always pick up stuff that was better of just looked better, but hesitate to sell it. So I would get massive inventory problems xD

Yog likes this

i don't know not really into looting thing i played borderlands, path of exile, torchlight 2 and never finished these games because i was not really into loot -_-

What's loot-whoring exactly? Taking away loot from other players in MP?

gotta loot whore, well kinda more like pack rat. i don't take from those who really need it, but i'll pick something up just because it's rare/looks cool/or if i have a memory getting it

I clicked other due to the fact there is only one game that made me loot whore and that was Diablo 3. Problems have just arisen however that when they announced they are bringing out the expansion they also announced that a week before trading was going to be demolished and so was the AH. (which has now gone) There would be absolutely no point loot whoring now due to the fact they brought out a new looting system known as 2.0.

To explain this system it's as simple as smart drops (If you play a wizard you will get intelligence rolls if you play a monk you will get dexterity and so on) This means you will have to play the character to get the desired weapon/armour/loot.

Now with that in mind why would I want to go loot whoring when I'm primarily just grinding away to get better gear to grind away to get more better gear to grind for more gear.... It just seems like a never ending circle right now so loot whoring unless they bring in some kind of trade system (before anybody says but the 3 hour time window with the person in your game...please) I deffinately will not be doing. Seems pointless to me now and it makes me not want to buy a game I hold dear to me.

Another long dead thread brought back into existence....

Since it's here....

I am a loot whore.

In Falout 3/NV and Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim at least 20 of my mods in each are extra houses (some of them purely because they look amazing) but mainly to store all the crap I pick up and display all the bloody armour and weapons i've gathered.

Normal person finding the exit to a maze on first try - Omg, I can leave now.

RPG player finding the exit to a maze on first try - Omg, now I gotta go back.

loot is good, i like loot, more loot please

i like to collect atleast 1 of each weapon and 1 of each armor set in a game

Borderlands 2 or Diablo 3 pre loot 2.0 are damn annyoing to me. TONS of loot and nothing from it. RPGs are all about your inner hunter and gatherer but flooding you with a lot of crap just is annoying as fuck. 

While on that topic I also do not like shared drops like back in Diablo 2 f.e. You always had to be on the edge and in the right spot when a legendary/Set item dropped and the vacuum guys that sucked up everything just got all the loot while you layed back relaxing player had nothing. 

When it comes to any "grind-y" sort of RPG, such as JRPGs or Diab-likes, I tend to enjoy leveling up and stat building more than looting.

I just like the loot the heck of the place then look which stuff that I looted is good and sell the rest for cash. To me it just feels satisfying to loot like games like skyrim, boarderlands, diablo 3, etc.

While on that topic I also do not like shared drops like back in Diablo 2 f.e. You always had to be on the edge and in the right spot when a legendary/Set item dropped and the vacuum guys that sucked up everything just got all the loot while you layed back relaxing player had nothing. 

In a way I agree with this because bots had stupid amounts of reactions and could grab things without people even realising it had dropped.

However on the other hand most of the time you was in a game with a bot you was usually leveling your character. I honestly think it should go back to the days where everybody had to fight over their loot. We all had those stories back in classic diablo days of how we got our set pieces and how long it took and what it took to get there.

The new loot 2.0 on diablo 3 is utter shit though. That is my honest opinion and it will stay that way. Loot 2.0 has been made for the new expansion Reaper of Souls. Now as much as I'm a "fanboy" for diablo it doesn't mean I'm not pissed off paying £40 for what is the equivilent of a DLC. Also the fact that anyone who doesn't buy Reaper of Souls will be stuck with this shitty ass patch.

Someone needs to get on at Blizzard before they royally fuck it all up.

(Apologies for all the swearing a little annoyed)

I personally don't unless I am really pressed for money and it is worth something.

Otherwise it just takes up precious inventory in some cases and serves no purpose for me.